Staintune Pics

Guest icarus

Can someone post some pics of Staintunes installed. So few images available, though so many say they don't like the Stainless with the V11. Lets see it!!

I've seen the request go out in past forums with little result. I am going to try again. After owning my v11 for 2 plus years (since new) I'm going to put some aftermarket pipes on and want to know what to expect for looks. I won't even ask about sound, things seem to get pretty tense on the forum around that topic. Thanks!

Can someone post some pics of Staintunes installed. So few images available, though so many say they don't like the Stainless with the V11. Lets see it!!

I've seen the request go out in past forums with little result. I am going to try again. After owning my v11 for 2 plus years (since new) I'm going to put some aftermarket pipes on and want to know what to expect for looks. I won't even ask about sound, things seem to get pretty tense on the forum around that topic. Thanks!

Icarus --

Be a man -- and step up to the Quat-D way of life. Staintunes are too damn shiny -- and f'in quiet!

v50

V11.jpg

Icarus --

Be a man -- and step up to the Quat-D way of life. Staintunes are too damn shiny -- and f'in quiet!

v50

post-1553-1157414739_thumb.jpg

Where, how much, and how durable are they long term. I have long thought that Quat-D are the best looking of the pipes, but hear that Staintune's reputation for durability is tops.

Icarus --

v50

V11.jpg

You know what they say about Quat-D: Beauty's only skin deap, but ugly goes right to the bone!

Ciao, Steve G.

You know what they say about Quat-D: Beauty's only skin deap, but ugly goes right to the bone!

Ciao, Steve G.

Aesthetics aside I don't recall ever seeing a Quat D dyno chart that was as strong as a Stucchi crossover/aftermarket can chart. I think aftermarket cans with the stock crossover usually show better power than the Quat too. I'm going from memory here though, a good search might turn up different results.

Aesthetics aside I don't recall ever seeing a Quat D dyno chart that was as strong as a Stucchi crossover/aftermarket can chart. I think aftermarket cans with the stock crossover usually show better power than the Quat too. I'm going from memory here though, a good search might turn up different results.

Your memory matches my experience. Moving to the Quat-D from Stucci crossover/Ferracci cans meant significant loss of peak torque, though a similar top end. Both configurations were setup with custom Power Commander maps. Personally, I really like the clean look, but miss the midrange kick. I'm spending a lot more of my time at or above 6krpm as a result. Previously posted dyno appears in this thread: Quat-D vs Ferracci dyno runs

OK, I get it . . . nobody with a Staintune has the guts to post a pic. Am I supposed to surmise that this says something about the Staintune owners, or the looks of the bikes that their owners are unwilling to show us? I think I'll just core the stockers for fun.

I saw a set of staintunes at the 2004 V11 meeting at Dodford and was very impressed and if I was to change my cans they would be up the top of my replacement list.

I bet you'd also like to have a crome bobby :lol:

just put this Met%20Police%20Chrome%20Helmet%20plate.JPG

on this

Chrome-Helmet.jpg

this BFG moment brought to you by DBG :lol:

I'd have photo shopped it but then, I'm much too lazy er I mean busy