Stock Mufflers ??

Gini Fata

I bought a V11 on the 1st of the month and it has carbon fibre mufflers on it. The bike is virtually stock and it can't be confirmed from the previous owner since he was the 2nd owner if the bike came that way from the factory. If it did come like that stock are they just regular mufflers with a CF wrap on them or are they performance mufflers?? The bike sounds really sweet as is. This is my 3d guzzi. My 2k Jackal with Mistral pipes didn't sound this good. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks Gini

The Rosso Mandello has factory carbon fiber wrapped steel cans. Without looking at a good picture of your bike its going to be hard to tell you whats on it. The previous owner could have put Mistrals on it, or bought the factory wrapped carbon fiber cans & put those on. The easiest way to tell is to pull one off & weigh it. I have the factory c/f cans & they weigh 9lbs each. The Mistrals will only weigh about 5 or 6lbs.

Guest ratchethack

Welcome, Gini. "Real" CF mufflers are aftermarket items. They could be FBF, Mistral, or I think a few others. My FBFs are true carbon body - not a cosmetic cover. The give-away that they're not stock would be not only the sound, but the fact that they're "open" straight through from inlet to outlet. ^_^

If it did come like that stock are they just regular mufflers with a CF wrap on them or are they performance mufflers?? The bike sounds really sweet as is. This is my 3d guzzi. My 2k Jackal with Mistral pipes didn't sound this good.

Since the stock V11 mufflers tend to sound rather anemic, I suspect that they may prove to be aftermarket, but how about giving out more info? I understand, not everyone has a digicam to post a pic, etc., but some indication of what model & year your V11 is may prove helpful in resolving this issue. Are the cans oval in cross-section, or ??? AFAIK, all V11 stock cans are oval x-section Termignoni, so if someone else's logo is on the cans or they're round, triangular or some sort of tapered x-section, then they're definitely aftermarket.

Hope this helps, & welcome!

Ride on,

:bike:

These are all good questions . . .yet, shall we call my Moto Guzzi "FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY" factory accessory carbon fiber cans ( probably made by Mistral) "aftermarket?"

The 'silencers' on Gini's V11 may be Guzzi factory accessories. While not 'stock' they are yet 'factory.' :mg:

The stock look like this from the rear

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.p...d5f3b800674ce6f

Mistral rounds look like thisMG1007A.JPG

ovals look similar...but oval :P

Ferraccis are glossier and may come with no badge or sticker.

113_large.jpg

If you look through the forum gallery you could probably find a match.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery

I bought a V11 on the 1st of the month and it has carbon fibre mufflers on it. The bike is virtually stock and it can't be confirmed from the previous owner since he was the 2nd owner if the bike came that way from the factory. If it did come like that stock are they just regular mufflers with a CF wrap on them or are they performance mufflers?? The bike sounds really sweet as is. This is my 3d guzzi. My 2k Jackal with Mistral pipes didn't sound this good. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knew for sure. Thanks Gini

My Tenni came stock with factory carbon fibre mufflers. I don`t know if all Tennis' did.

First of all, thanks for the responses so far. The bike is a 2k model and silver. Looking at some of the pics like was suggested I am believing they are FBC cans. The clamps that secure them on the pipes have 5 Star MFG Cresthill Il. 27 65 M stamped on them. Thanks again Gini

I just ran accross these on ebay and wondered if Guzzi sold a carbon fibre wrapped can as an option? These sure look like the stcok cans. Also

waspp

iewItemQQcategoryZ35619QQihZ010QQitemZ200027270007QQrdZ1]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/moto-guzzi-...027270007QQrdZ1[/url]

Those do look like the stock LaFranconi cans that came on some models (Rosso Mandello, Scura, Tenni, and later Cafe Sport ?) standard. They are a wrap of cf around the aluminum can with the same internals. Pretty but quiet and heavy (10 pounds each versus 5 pounds for the Guzzi "off road" cans which were made by Mistral.