Moly rear drive oil

docc

Guest Mattress

"Pink Moly" Good name for a band!!

Wick

Check out a U.K. band called "Pink Grease" (sort of devestating electro-punk & Pop, depends on the song). I was a rabid psycho fan :notworthy: of a now-defunct band called "Add N to {X}", also HIGHLY recommended for expanding your mind. During a period when I was off of work in Germany I followed them around on their final tour & sometimes ran the t-shirt stand. Pink Grease was the opening act and signed to Horse Glue Records, Add N to {x}'s front man Barry 7's personal label before they hooked up with Mute Records.

Sorry, this is off topic and probably not interesting........

Guest ratchethack

That would be enough to drop Redline's credibility to near zero, unless they have invented cold fusion, or are making the element with their in-house particle accelerator and then "burning" it with Sulphur in an otherwise inert atmosphere.

Now this is just me, and it's been a long time, but at one time I knew my way around the Periodic Table pretty well and could actually ace an Organic Chemistry test. :o I don't think Redline is trying to deceive anyone. IMHO, though they may fulfill somewhat similar functions, the 100+-year-old MoS2 additive is NOT the same as a modern, proprietary sulphur-phosphorous solid particle dispersion compound (the exact molecular structure of which it may well make good competitive business sense not to publish). Think of it this way -- One compound has a molybdenum atom, the other doesn't. :)

OK, doubting bastards, I called Redline. To quote their tech guy Dave: "Shockproof Heavy definitely has moly. In fact, that's what makes it Shockproof." It's the pink stuff. It's not strawberries, as I told you. He said it's a synthetic moly compound.

If you still doubt, call him. His number's 707-745-6100.

:moon:

Guest ratchethack

OK, doubting bastards, I called Redline. To quote their tech guy Dave: "Shockproof Heavy definitely has moly. In fact, that's what makes it Shockproof." It's the pink stuff. It's not strawberries, as I told you. He said it's a synthetic moly compound.

If you still doubt, call him. His number's 707-745-6100.

:moon:

I stand corrected, Greg. :notworthy:

I think Dave is the same guy I spoke with years back.

Did he tell you why Redline's moly is better than everybody else's moly? :huh2:^_^

Guest ratchethack

I neglected to ask that question.

I just gave our ol' Pal Dave a call. I told him there's a Forum wager on this with a small fortune at stake. I offered him 15% if I could quote him on an International Forum as a Spokesman for Redline saying there's no moly in RL, but he wouldn't go for it. :lol:

Sure enough, he said Redline has their own "organic" moly, which is synthetically manufactured. He couldn't tell me why it's better than everybody else's moly. :huh2: All Shockproof products have it. The sulphur-phosphorous solid particle dispersion compound is ANOTHER friction modifier altogether.

He also couldn't tell me why the technical papers and PDFs on their Web site make lots of references to sulphur-phosphorous solid particle dispersion compounds, but make no mention of moly whatsoever. :huh2:

So there you have it. :unsure::whistle:

I just gave our ol' Pal Dave a call. I told him there's a Forum wager on this with a small fortune at stake. I sulphur-phosphorous solid particle dispersion compounds, but make no mention of moly whatsoever. :huh2:

So there you have it. :unsure::whistle:

OK, I can buy that. Having molybdenum as one element in a synthetic "designer" organic compound can account for the color. That's clearly different from the inorganic MoS2 compound.

Thanks much for the thorough report.

OK, I'll try to dig up the source of my assertion. I forget where I read it. If I can't find it, I'll concede that it actually is ground up strawberries that makes RLSPH pink. Fair enough, naysayers?

My Shockproof Light is blue because of the Blueberries :food:

Very interesting. Here is the link for the Dow Corning M gear oil additive I use:

www.dowcorning.com/applications/search/default.aspx?R=28EN

KalGard Moly also appears promising

http://www.kalgard.com/kalgard_automotive.htm

They have moly enhanced gear oil that I suspect is mineral based.

But it does not have the cool colors of Redline shockproof, and it is not synthetic.

I am more interested in the Engine Gard additive, which I could add to a cheap synthetic gear oil like Mobil or Shell.

The Dow Corning stuff also looks excellent.

Here is an interesting test comparing two other premium brands:

Schaeffers 267 semi-synth and Amsoil Marine Gear full-synth

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/gearoiltest.htm

Shoot, if all you want is moly to add to regular gear oil, Power Punch is the best value. It's about $10 from MI for a lifetime supply.

That sounds too good to be true!

This website seems to suggest adding it at 10 to 25% of the base

http://www.powerpunch.biz/Power_Punch_Applications.html

So that would mean I would need about a quart every 4 years....since I plan on killing myself in 40 years, I'll only need 10 quarts.

Do I get a discount for a shortened lifetime supply?

What is the shipping on this lifetime supply?

My problem with buying ShockProof is not that I think there is anything better, but after shipping and tax, the total price for a quart is around $15.

I suppose it is good piece of mind to buy what may be the best.

If anyone has a less expensive source in the USA, I'd like to know about it. Thanks.