MG Ti Cans + Additional Mods?2002+ Models

mznyc

Hi,

Has anyone done any mods ,(Xover,PC3,etc) with the MG Ti Cans?

What were your results(fit,performance)?

I'm interested in overall driveabillity as apposed to max power,although the additional HP's would be welcome.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi,

I'm interested in overall driveabillity as apposed to max power,although the additional HP's would be welcome.

Thanks,

Michael

I love the look of the MG cans, but have been scared off by the price. Not sure I could afford other mods once this is done. :huh2:

The Guzzi Ti cans are pricey but look and sound great. Bikes run well with them, too. They are also the only cans I know of that can be run in both high and low positions, which would allow me to run them with my H&B bags and also high up when I remove the bags. If I could afford them, I'd have them.

I love the look of the MG cans, but have been scared off by the price. Not sure I could afford other mods once this is done. :huh2:

If you get the MG ti kit you get the race ecu and if you don't change the crossover you won't need a powercommander. If you get some other after market cans you will need a powercommander to retune. It comes out to be a wash.

I have the Ti exhaust kit (cans + "race" ECU) and a power commander, all installed by the previous owner on my '02 LeMans. With the exception of an occasional ping I think it runs great. The PO installed the Ti kit first but still felt the same dip in the power/torque band around 4300rpm that he had on the stock bike, so he added the power commander and had it dyno tuned. That helped the dip in power according to the dyno chart that I got, and it picked up a few extra horses and ft lbs everywhere else in the powerband too. That said, the bike pinged a lot around 5krpm in higher gears when I got it until I manually adjusted the PC map. I'm happy with the way the bike runs now.

The exhaust crossover at the alternator that Guzzi added in '03 lessened the mid range power dip that the earlier bikes have. Aftermarket crossovers like the Stucchi are supposed to help that area of the powerband out too.

I like the looks and sound of the Ti cans but if price is at all an issue (they're selling for $1500 now?) I think a Stucchi crossover/aftermarket cans/Powercommander + dyno tune would be a better value if you're looking for better performance and best bang-per-buck.

Hope this helps...

I think there is 2 versions of the Mg ti cans 00-02 and 03 to 04, Does anyone know what the differences are :huh2: , and is it ok to fit a early version to a 04 bike. :mg: would the ecu be ok with the cat on the crossover

Gary

Hi,

Thanks,

Michael

I reely am a betor spelor(apposed!) ,than a tipist!

Thanks for the info guys.

There is a pair on Ebay, still expensive, but may be someone is interested?

I have the Ti cans and chip and love them. However, I don't participate in auctions with bidders who have 0 feedbacks. Too much chance that the bidding is not on the up and up. :bbblll:

The auction owner needs to purge his auction of 0 feedback bidders.

As for the two versions of the kits, one is for exhaust headers without cross over (2002) and the other with crossover (2003 and 2004).

So they wont fit!!! :(

I'm pretty sure that the cans will fit but the pre-'03 kit will have an ECU that's tuned for bikes without the exhaust crossover at the alternator and no catylitic converter. No US V11's have cats but maybe the Euro '04 models do?

The only difference I have ever noted between the early and late Ti kits is the ECU, and the differences there are all in the tuning. Micha (service manager) thought there might also be a small difference in the passenger-peg hangers, but couldn't remember the details.

Moto Intl. has a Ti kit on ebay. It's the full kit. We're just trying to reduce stock of expensive, slow-moving items for winter.

• 2 weeks later...

My Ti cans arrived from Corsa Italiana about 4 weeks ago. A knock down price because of a dent under the offside can.

Drilled out the end rivets, pulled out the core and wadding and pushed out the dent leaving a tiny crease hidden by the the hanger when fitted. New rivets and is nearly as good as new, nothing visible.

The cans came with shortened footrest brackets for high level fitment (should stop them grounding at extreme angles for some but not for me) and an ecu.

Fitting the cans was easy but they also suffer from V11 offset and it doesn't look too bad. Ran sweetly with the standard ecu, same tickover, good initial power and beautiful sound. Slight pinging at 5000 under large throttle opening but otherwise really sweet and strong. As the open nature of the cans is likely to weaken the mixture I am not using much above half throttle always below 'ping threshold'.

The 'race ecu' I also tried but tickover needed increasing, the motor seemed rougher and pinging at upper rev and throttle range was much worse, so back to standard ecu.

My bike is standard '03 Rosso Corse with cross over pipe and no lambda sensor. I will run it steady until Christmas (just love the solid base sound) when I hope to get the Chris Jefferies MyECU and use this to iron out the pre-ignition.

BTW she has always run sweetly, started well and pulled right from tickover to limiter - just love this bike. Also Metzler M1s give astonishing confidence after the original Bridgestone 020s.

Any simple advice always welcome

John

Thanks John,

I bought the Moto Int pipes on ebay.I'll try them without the race ECU and see what happens.Keep you all posted

Thanks for the info!

Michael

Ride Safe,but always have Fun!!

Thanks John,

I bought the Moto Int pipes on ebay.I'll try them without the race ECU and see what happens.Keep you all posted

Thanks for the info!

Michael

Ride Safe,but always have Fun!!

I was watching those pippes on ebay but didn't think they would work with my Teckno bags so i passed, I'm glad I didn't bid against you. I will be anxious to hear how they worked out, I am presently leaning towards the alum round Mistrals but who knows I may still go the MG Ti route myself.

waspp