after market bar vibrations

wheelsucker

for those that have replaced the stock clip-ons on your v11 le-mans/sport, how was/is the vibration of your new bars? I've got a pair of the aluminum Verliche clip-ons and the new triple tree riser bar combo from RossoPuro also looks very appealing :whistle: , but both are aluminum and therefore should NOT have wieghted bar ends. The other thing I was thinking about doing is just switching the stock clipons, left to the right side adn right to the left side so that the bar would be closer and I could keep the weighted bar ends which dampen the vibrations very well.

Hello,

I purchased the risers sold by Jean Marc. I added gel grips and Suzuki bar weights. It has made a world of difference over the stock setup. My hands used to go numb on my 30 mile commute. I experienced no numbness on last weekends 100 mile jaunt. Jean Marcs riser are very adjustable. The original position of the clip on's seemed to pinch something in my right hand. Now with the new risers no pinch is evident, and my thumb no longer falls asleep.

Darryl

for those that have replaced the stock clip-ons on your v11 le-mans/sport, how was/is the vibration of your new bars? I've got a pair of the aluminum Verliche clip-ons and the new triple tree riser bar combo from RossoPuro also looks very appealing :whistle: , but both are aluminum and therefore should NOT have wieghted bar ends. The other thing I was thinking about doing is just switching the stock clipons, left to the right side adn right to the left side so that the bar would be closer and I could keep the weighted bar ends which dampen the vibrations very well.

As I recall, switching the clip-ons side to side won`t work as the bars will strike the tank. I replaced mine with risers and superbike type bars which made it necessary to remove the fairing and I found the result pretty comfortable.This required rerouting the clutch line and throttle cable but no extended lines were needed. At first there was a lot of vibration, but after filling the bars with musket balls (.578"), installing bar ends and foam grips, it has pretty much dampened the vibes to an acceptable level. The seat still sucks though but otherwise it`s not a bad tourer. Just came back from a 3200k trip,no complaints.

As I recall, switching the clip-ons side to side won`t work as the bars will strike the tank. I replaced mine with risers and superbike type bars which made it necessary to remove the fairing and I found the result pretty comfortable.This required rerouting the clutch line and throttle cable but no extended lines were needed. At first there was a lot of vibration, but after filling the bars with musket balls (.578"), installing bar ends and foam grips, it has pretty much dampened the vibes to an acceptable level. The seat still sucks though but otherwise it`s not a bad tourer. Just came back from a 3200k trip,no complaints.

Lead musket balls? If so, please be careful and wear a dust mask and work outside with plenty of wind( away from you) when you take the bars apart. Lead dust is quite toxic and neurotoxic.

I put superbike bars on mine and don't really notice any increased vibration. I thought about using some lead shot also, but in the end just isolated my bars with some rubber washers.

If you're concerned about lead dust poisoning from the lead shot, try to find the copper coated shot. I bought a bag of copper coated lead shot at sports shop for around $20 for a 10lb bag if I remember right. It takes some of the vibes out but I think a set of heavy throttlemeisters are a much better way to go. My friend has an 02 Lemans he let me ride with the Throttlemeisters & foam grips. That bike has pretty much zero vibes plus cruise control.