tank lingo

kevdog3019

I found out in the "how to" section about tank remaoval, however, I don't know my lingo, so when they say "You simply have to unplug the electrical connector for the fuel pump and disconnect the quick-connects for the EFI loop" They've lost me. I have an '03 Lemans and I see on the right side up under the tank how things are connected, but not sure that is where I do any disconnects. There don't appear to be quick-connects but I don't know what a quick-connect looks like. I don't like pulling on things unless I know they're supposed to come apart <_>

Thanks for your help. Would love to get to the airbox! While I'm under there, is there anything I can do with connections (electrical) ? What do folks use on electrical connections?

Snip There don't appear to be quick-connects but I don't know what a quick-connect looks like. I don't like pulling on things unless I know they're supposed to come apart <_>

There are two electrical plugs you pull apart, they are plastic "bulges" with the wires on each end. They both have a locking tab on one side. You have to take your finger and pull up on the tab while pulling them apart. They are fairly tight, wiggle them back and forth while you pull.

The fuel pressure and return connections come out of the botton of the fuel pump. There is a plastic ring at the elbows. You push the ring the opposite direction you are pulling to get them apart, wiggle these too while you pull. There is a topic on the forum on doing this that explaines it better than I can.