Dark Days for Guzzi?

v50man

, I really like the MV AGUSTAS and Ducati's but both are outragous to own

The first service on my Ducati S4Rs was £189. Guzzi dealers are charging around £240 for the first service on a Norge. Which one is the more complicated motor?

The new generation Ducatis are more maintenance friendly than their predecessors.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---Buell---

Yesterday it was a Buell riding in the same single lane HOV I was with the Guzzi, we could not speed up too much, but the bike looks good and solid. It does have a glorious sound that only shows when the gas is open. It does look a bit too modern to me (difficult to define).

---Piaggio---

The question is why Piaggio is doing so poorly with MotoGuzzi, would it be too expensive to market it and they want to fade away of the North american market?.

Did the business model have limited funding and it was all spent on getting the models out and there is not support to actually work the market in North America. - I mean to get the project together -Dealer-Parts-Bikes-Customer-relations?

Anthro

---Buell---

Yesterday it was a Buell riding in the same single lane HOV I was with the Guzzi, we could not speed up too much, but the bike looks good and solid. It does have a glorious sound that only shows when the gas is open. It does look a bit too modern to me (difficult to define).

---Piaggio---

The question is why Piaggio is doing so poorly with MotoGuzzi, would it be too expensive to market it and they want to fade away of the North american market?.

Did the business model have limited funding and it was all spent on getting the models out and there is not support to actually work the market in North America. - I mean to get the project together -Dealer-Parts-Bikes-Customer-relations?

Anthro

With the race kit on the sound is glorious even at tickover. (Sure I'm gonna get pulled sooner or later, but the British plod either sits in the police station filling in diversity surveys or tools about in soundproof cars so maybe not)

I didn't realize Aprilia was making enduro's lately I keep wanting one of those but have to talk myself out of it (I used to live on a farm but now live over an hour from any "off-rading"-legal anyway) so I think I may be getting back down to either a BWM cruiser to putz around on or a 999 to fly around on. :huh2:

I only say 999 because my local dealer has what looks like a really nice 03 999 mono with 17k mi for $9k good deal? the bike lookes flawless but guzzi miles have blurred my vision is that too many mi's? :rasta:

on another note remember when you couldn't even get a smart if you wanted too?

now they're almost givin'em away, well maybe not but the discounts have started, I think thats nice because I don't care if it was free I'd park it in my living room but no way am I riding this contorsion

VP366718_2a.jpg

http://www.delanosports.com/new_vehicle_de...&pov=366718

save $1,000 over new (no miles)

still not for me

maybe this one tho

2003-Ducati-999-mono-i.jpg

I should be kicked in the head because even if I had a billion dollars I still wouldn't be able to justify more than 3 bikes really. well ok maybe I could. :grin:

the goose is a very special motorcycle.

i would have never sold or actually traded mine in had it not been for what has been reported on this thread.

i just love that bike,

but,when i called ,back in july, 4 dealers ,and anoutside guzzi parts supplier and they all told me that very simple fuel pump was in back order and 2 dealers told me that they could not tell me when it would come in ,i then thought of the other potential problems in the pipeline ,and had no other recourse .

also, i understand that the v11 is no longer being made ............well, the norge is a v11 ,so maybe there can be parts available in the future.

and ,i met a dealer in canton conn. ,canton cycles ,a bmw dealer who gave up his bmw dealership and is now taking over vespa and guzzi.

who knows what will happen ?

fernando

>

Is this true? Can anyone else confirm?

the goose is a very special motorcycle.

i would have never sold or actually traded mine in had it not been for what has been reported on this thread.

i just love that bike,

but,when i called ,back in july, 4 dealers ,and anoutside guzzi parts supplier and they all told me that very simple fuel pump was in back order and 2 dealers told me that they could not tell me when it would come in ,i then thought of the other potential problems in the pipeline ,and had no other recourse .

also, i understand that the v11 is no longer being made ............well, the norge is a v11 ,so maybe there can be parts available in the future.

and ,i met a dealer in canton conn. ,canton cycles ,a bmw dealer who gave up his bmw dealership and is now taking over vespa and guzzi.

who knows what will happen ?

fernando

wild bill ,,

the " is it true " remark can be interpreted many ways .

i will assume that you meant ,if others have heard the same.

i have never lied in my life ,regardless of consequences.

anyhow.

yes ,it is true .

i stopped over at Canton Cycles on my way back from vermont in my new harley. i was riding with a friend who owns a bmw and he wanted to hear it from the horse's mouth that they Canto Cycles are in fact dropping bmw.

so, i met with the owner ,and he confirmed that they are out of bmw and another brand that they carry and i forget now what that is.

now as to why or when ,i have no idea but the when is soon ,maybe in 2 months time and all beemer parts,etc..are now on sale to close them out.

when we talked about guzzi and i told him about all of my problems he was upset at me for talking about it and we were alone ,i then

,on my way out approached him to say good bye and there were other customers around and he introduced me as a person who was upset at guzzi and who claimed to have had problems with the guzzi.

he also told me that he is married to an italian woman and that he loves everything about italy,and i told him that so did i .and that i loved the guzzi and that it has a very special place in me as a motorcyclist since age 12. but that yes i was very upset at the guzzi factory ,mgt. and usa reps. and that because of that i had ,the previous day, traded in my tenni for a harley street glide ,which he saw.

he mentioned the problems guzzi had had and the whys which i assume we all know ,and how piaggio is out to fix everything and put money into the brand.

he then confirmed that he was bringing in guzzi motorcycles and he raved about the latest guzzi bikes .

he told me that he is also taking over vespa.

now ,this is a very nice ,honest man.

we had heard rumors thru my Free To Ride club (a web based site here in conn. where we post rides almost daily ,(i just posted one to vermont for tmw. and 2 guys are coming with me ) that he had sold out his place to a major dealer from hartford .and that he was out of the bmw buss.

when we visited him we got the actual version from him . and what he said and what i heard ,i reported above.

so, yes ,canton cycles,according to the owner is taking on moto guzzi and vespa ,and i think he mentioned another brand but it escapes me now , i must be having a senior moment .

fernando

Hi Fernando, I did not mean to imply you were not honest - I just wondered if anyone else had heard this news. I am very fond of Marsh Motorcycles, and I'm sure this cannot be good news for them as 3 MG dealers in CT is probably one too many. Maybe Branchville will feel the pinch, I don't know. I do know that the folks at Canton are very nice and honest as I dealt with them for years as a BMW rider. Perhaps this is good news that such a good dealer as Canton can be enticed into selling Guzzis, I just hope it doesn't drive Al at Marsh out of business. Fernando, I'll have to look up that website you mention as I'm always looking for fellow riders in CT! :bier::helmet:

Fernando, a quick Google search turned up nothing... what is the URL for your site??? I wish to join. Thanks!

Hi Fernando, I did not mean to imply you were not honest - I just wondered if anyone else had heard this news. I am very fond of Marsh Motorcycles, and I'm sure this cannot be good news for them as 3 MG dealers in CT is probably one too many. Maybe Branchville will feel the pinch, I don't know. I do know that the folks at Canton are very nice and honest as I dealt with them for years as a BMW rider. Perhaps this is good news that such a good dealer as Canton can be enticed into selling Guzzis, I just hope it doesn't drive Al at Marsh out of business. Fernando, I'll have to look up that website you mention as I'm always looking for fellow riders in CT! :bier::helmet:

Fernando, a quick Google search turned up nothing... what is the URL for your site??? I wish to join. Thanks!

wildbill ,

our site is at yahoo groups .

FreeToRide@yahoogroups .com , i think.

anyhow if you go to yahho groups you will find it. and sign in.

or maybe if you send us an e-mail ,i do not know if this will work.

,if it does not then send me an e-mail and i will send you the e-mail address of the owner of the site and he can tell you how.

the e-mail for free to ride is : FreeToRide@yahoogroups.com ( i just looked it up in my address book.

i am lousy in computers and cannot do much .sorry that i cannot be of help here .)

my e-mail is

ffb13@aol.com

and please note that if do not answer for a few days is because tmw. i leave for vermont to do the 1,000 mile service on my harley and add some accesories ,with 2 or 3 guys from ftr and will come back to connecticut on wednesday for a few hours and then by car back to vt.and do not have a computer in my vt place.

fernando

and, i was just having fun with the honesty bit. i know what you meant .

hope that you can join us for our rides . i just read that because the rain stopped at 2 pm , a couple of guys are riding this pm around the shore line.