For a months now I've been awaiting an appointment for a psychiatrist....and I'm finally going Monday at 3:00.

I've been having trouble sleeping, I can lay in bed from 11 pm and toss and turn until 8 am. Everyone is saying it's because I sleep until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I sleep that late because I can't sleep.

My family has tried waking me up at 7:30 in the morning and to no avail, I still was awake until 8 the next morning. I just have a bad sleeping problem. I'm tired throughout the whole day also.

I also can't concentrate on shit during the day, and yes I have ADD and am Manic Depressive. I'm also OCC and Bi-polar to the point where alot of people don't like being around.

Now what I am wondering is what do you think they will try to do monday? If they just try talking then I'm going to snap and show them Bi-Polar. I've been to the doctor before for Sleep and he put me on Xanax....heres the problem though.

He put me on .25 MG which is half of a peach. Didn't help much. I just never renewed that prescription.

Went to the doctor a couple months later to try to get a bigger dose of xanax and he wouldn't because he said they are addictive I explained to him that I needed a bigger dose because I used to pop handfulls of them and built a tolerance. So here is where the psychiatrist comes in since he made me an appointment. He said they will most likely prescribe Adderall for my ADD.

I've looked around on my problems and have came across Seroquel. Used to treat OCD, Bi-Polar, Manic Depression.

I'm confused as hell now because Adderall will help keep me awake through the day, but then I need something to help me sleep and I doubt a Dr. will prescribe an upper and a downer for the day and night, I don't see it being safe.

I have taken Seroquel and loved it, but I don't know if I like the idea of walking around like a zombie all day, I couldn't drive, and if I smoked bud I would flat out pass out.

Now, please give me a little insight on what you all think.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Violent Femmes said it best: Vicodin, marijuanna, ecstasy and alcohol.

If the answer isn't there, prolly not much modern medicine will do for you.

Rj

He could try electro-convulsive therapy.....

Tex,

I may be nuts, so this may not count, but I couldn't sleep decent for the past few years, thought it was sleep apnea, which was part of it, but couldn't shut the head off. Recently, I was on a cruise to a foreign country that rhymes with nexico, picked up some Ambien sleep tablets. Man, these boys work, I slept like a baby, and didn't feel gooned in the morning. I would axe my doc for a weeks worth just to try em out if I were you. I was given Xanax too, only work if you take a handfull, and knock em back with a cold one. Ambien's seem to work on their lonesome.

Good luck TX,

Jon