WP

Guest Jaap

How much were they John?

al

I'm not John, but I can give an answer anyway.

I see prices for the fork on the web around $2500 or the same amount of

euros or 22000 swedish kronor for the forks and about 6500 swedish kronor

or about $600 for the rear damper.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2019,88 for the forks at this site:

http://www.redracingparts.it/en/english.htm

The paioli Jean Marc has for sale, is from a ghezzi&brian supertwin, see:

www.supertwin.org for the bike with the forks. Ghezzi only uses one type. Thats the one with 40mm caliper mounts, so you can at the same time add some mean 6 or 8 pot brake system. Paioli self its oem forks, only ordering them direct is expensive I heard. see:

http://www.paioli.com/products/road/usd/pa..._usd/indice.htm

As Jaap would say.... djeeez ~$2100-2500! :huh:

I'm not surprised, as that's what I thought they would be, but it still knocks the wind outta me every time :P I don't think I can justify that for any reason :blink:

Unless I come across some "deal" on some used ones or something, I'll probably have to go with the LE treatment.

Although the deal on some used forks from your friend's G&B, I don't know if I want to have to work out new brakes, and trying to fit the fender, etc... Although still curious, do you know about what he is looking to get for his "used" Paoli forks though? ...of course not that it matters anyway, as I don't think they would fit the '02 smaller fork-tube diameter clamps.

I notice no one has really offered their opinions on the Paoli's... anybody? Just curious.

Hey Mike, don't slack off on that Rosso Ohlins and your Sport LE forks review! :lol: That's what I'm really interested to hear about!

al

I think 600 euro for the paioli, but if you want to know, just email him.

What I don't get from the duc forks that fit, is that original, forks in v11 have a 54mm diameter in the 3clamps, the duc has 54 down and 50 mm top size. See the zupin pdf

On ebay from time to time there go these forks, for 1200/1600 dollar. Just have to watch. And wait:-) If you are the guy who want service and warranty, don't go that way, just start saving money.

for the ones who dare:

07/04/03 17.33.00

Vendesi Forcella OHLINS con piastre e

Prezzo: Euro 1.200

Vendo forcella Ohlins con piastre di sterzo e semimanubri provenienti da RSV 1000 r praticamente nuove con pochissimi km Gian Marco Pessina

E-mail: marpex@fastwebnet.it

MI

Lombardia

20/05/03 13.34.00

Vendesi forcella ohlins

Prezzo: Euro 1.000

vendo forcella ohlins nuova per Ducati, Aprilia Guzzi. La forcella non è MAI stata usata. Paolo Piacentini

338-1033968

E-mail: polen02@libero.it

PD

Veneto

Guest Jaap

I also emailed Paioli. They stated they don't sell to single buyers. They gave me two italian emaladresses: no reply also. I can assure you: I was just as friendly in my writing as I was with my first mail to WP!

Gentlemen,

Just to let you know that those beautiful Irish roads have managed (with my help) to get a set of Scura's Ohlins fork seals to leak in just 10,000km or 6,000 miles.

Our roads are BRUTAL, Toyota uses some Irish road to fine tune their European spec Landcruisers, therefore I don't blame the forks.

I had a friend make up a tool to open the tops. With a very competent local mechanic we went to work.

First slack off the springs which were 13 full turns clockwise. You will need to count your own as your milage may vary.

On removal of the core spring unit, push down the collar just inside the fork head and unscrew the nut to dismantle the fork leg.

My mechanic who has good experience with Ohlins remarked on how clean the fork oil was after 6,000 miles and the fork legs were unmarked.

They take 350 ml of oil each leg.

Assembly is the reverse of the dismantle process.

:bier:

Regards all,

Another John

Hey Al, they are both European products, so probably equal in their superiority!  B)

So is the Marzocchi fork and the Sachs shock,

but Öhlins forks and shocks are "made in Sweden"! :grin:

Guest Jaap

Hi Göran,

We were told in school that Sweden (and Scandinavia) is part of Europe. But not a member of the European Union.