• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a connoisseur of kitchen implements, I know a crock-pot when I see one -_-

any one who suggests buying a Buell ..

has a bigger problem to deal with ....

I can also recognise a cracked pot ^_^

Before we go any further....

I had a similar attitude to Buell and H-D, until I was at a loose end one weekend and found myself in the local Motor Company glitzy dealer out of curiosity. You couldn't fault them for friendliness and I got sent out on a Buell despite telling the guys I was just browsing and didn't actually have the money if I liked it. No matter they say, have a go anyway.

If you try one, I think you would want one too.

A year later I DID have the money and bought a new one.

Before we go any further....

I had a similar attitude to Buell and H-D, until I was at a loose end one weekend and found myself in the local Motor Company glitzy dealer out of curiosity. You couldn't fault them for friendliness and I got sent out on a Buell despite telling the guys I was just browsing and didn't actually have the money if I liked it. No matter they say, have a go anyway.

If you try one, I think you would want one too.

A year later I DID have the money and bought a new one.

Ok: you were a bit loose, lifted yer bandana, went to hang with the hogs – and a salesman saw you coming. The rest is history. Seems like it coulda just as easily been an 883 Sportster, or whatever wasn't selling well that season. Lucky for the salesman – he showed you the one with the clock...

right, gotta run before the kitchen implements start flying...

and before you reply, Nog – remember this is the Technical forum :P::whistle:

and before you reply, Nog – remember this is the Technical forum :P::whistle:

Ha! A bit rich coming from you :huh2: Anyway, once the banter and silly remark content exceeds 50% I guess some mod will move it to a more suitable home. Not that I have noticed that putting YOU off at all!

Anyway, once the banter and silly remark content exceeds 50% I guess some mod ...[will flip their lid etc]

Ok ok, best make amends and rebalance the quotient

Here's a cycle clock,

er, a clock cycle

clock-cycle.gif

you can add a trailer for 24-bit accuracy

frame-format.gif

Value of a Buell when the clock battery starts running down

22403546.jpg

Invention for remote checking of time, when you're on the move

technology2.gif

think that pulled us back from the brink – just in time?

Guest Gary Cheek

163207532mlhUpG_th.jpg

Back to clocks on a V11:

I would still prefer this on a Guzzi than anything Buells have to offer. This way you get a great bike and your choice of time piece.

The Timex, like a Guzzi "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" Buells are vice-versa.

The Timex, like a Guzzi "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" Buells are vice-versa.

Neither the Buell nor the V11 has a resounding reputation for reliability. In reality both bikes are reliable enough and accounts of most problems are overblown.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that I care a jot what you think of one of my bikes. If you so hate Buell / HD, don't buy one for fock's sake; it's your choice. At the end of the day, no bike is that special, it's personal preference. Like whether you want to eat at McD's or have sushi.

Well, I suppose you could mount a Strutt epicyclic train clock. My father-in-law has decided to make one. Should only take 4 months or so, but damn they are cool. On the other hand, they may be a bit bulky.

WRSstrutt.jpg

Guest Gary Cheek

Your actions SCREAM that you care what others feel about your bikes. Actually I don't give a rat's tail feathers what you try to ride. BTW , in the right hands the long term reliability and further , the DURABILITY of Guzzis is actually quite good. In fact enviable.

Which brings us back to your problem doesn't it?

No matter, enjoy your two wheeled digital clock. I'm happy that it makes you happy.

Your actions SCREAM that you care what others feel about your bikes. Actually I don't give a rat's tail feathers what you try to ride. BTW , in the right hands the long term reliability and further , the DURABILITY of Guzzis is actually quite good. In fact enviable.

Which brings us back to your problem doesn't it?

No matter, enjoy your two wheeled digital clock. I'm happy that it makes you happy.

"try to ride" eh! Nice, cheap not so veiled insult. Suggests to me that you are peevish, but I can't work out why.

I never said V11s were unreliable or lacking in durability. You hinted at it in Buells.

What problem? :huh2:

I do, and it does. :bbblll:

Has anyone fitted a clock to their bike? If so, what have they used and how have they done it? ie, have they wired it into the bike, put a wrist watch on etc...?

Yep. I used a wrist watch, taped on. It was good, though be warned, when I got a 'proper motorbike clock' and took the wrist watch off, the tape took the black paint on the top yoke with it.

The fittings that came with the 'proper clock' wern't terribly useful for my bike. I adapted one of them a bit and screwed it on to one of the top clamps. There's a sharp edge on the clock surround and it gouged into the top clamp, 'cause of vibration, so I had to add a bit of metal strip to shield the alloy. It's actually hard to read – the hands and clock face are not a good design for their purpose. There was very limited choice. Took it off to drop the fork legs and haven't put it back on. Tempted to tape the wristwatch on again.

Guest Gary Cheek

"try to ride" eh! Nice, cheap not so veiled insult. Suggests to me that you are peevish, but I can't work out why.

Should not be considered an insult unless you deny trying.

Peevish is one of my better qualities, Thank you

I never said V11s were unreliable or lacking in durability. You hinted at it in Buells.

Didn't hint at it in Buells any more than you regarding Guzzis. I merely ponted out the rubber mounting and the fan were but a couple of the things I did not like about my Buell.

What problem? :huh2:

Inability to handle a little friendly jibe. People who ride Guzzis understand rifing a minority machine. You gotta have thick skin to ride Guzzis OR Buells. Get used to it .

I do, and it does. :bbblll:

We are in perfect agreement once again. .

You own a Buell I owned a Buell. In fact I was at the dealer yesterday looking at the Buells. Also took a look at the V Rods.

The V11 red frame I ride was green before it became black. So we have some things in common.

We are in perfect agreement once again.

But in different time zones, I suspect.

Time for bed

Guest Gary Cheek

Yep. I used a wrist watch, taped on. It was good, though be warned, when I got a 'proper motorbike clock' and took the wrist watch off, the tape took the black paint on the top yoke with it.

The fittings that came with the 'proper clock' wern't terribly useful for my bike. I adapted one of them a bit and screwed it on to one of the top clamps. There's a sharp edge on the clock surround and it gouged into the top clamp, 'cause of vibration, so I had to add a bit of metal strip to shield the alloy. It's actually hard to read – the hands and clock face are not a good design for their purpose. There was very limited choice. Took it off to drop the fork legs and haven't put it back on. Tempted to tape the wristwatch on again.

Sometimes the commercial offerings leave a lot to be desired. Nice to have the option of making your own.

[/url]163229747ouLWwk_th.jpg[/img]

Goodnight. It's only 7:30 PM here. I'm headed out to the shop. This thread has given me a few new ideas.