Clocks

Richard

Guest Gary Cheek

Me, I bought a Buell -- which has a clock as standard equipment.

Oi..........

Some of the new scooters from China have clocks built in too. Then again if they don't you can always stick on a $2 digital!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been out on my Buell. The clock is useful right enough, as are the two trip odos and the separate "how far you have gone since hitting reserve" trip odo. Other good features are the stunning looks, great suspension and handling and the rorty but miraculously vibration isolated engine.

It's a good bike alright.

What time was it?

5-03 pm when I left, 5-57 when I returned, 20 minutes late for tea after saying I would be gone for half an hour. However, I have a wife who understands the biking mind and simply reheated my food with a smile. Unlike my ex-wife (from Belfast as it happens) who most likely would have applied a kitchen implement to my head.

However, I have a wife who understands the biking

Thank goodness for that. Could you not get her to post here instead of you?

:helmet:

:stupid:

ok, better put a :lol: just in case of any misunderstanding.... ;)

Guest Gary Cheek

Just been out on my Buell. The clock is useful right enough, as are the two trip odos and the separate "how far you have gone since hitting reserve" trip odo. Other good features are the stunning looks, great suspension and handling and the rorty but miraculously vibration isolated engine.

It's a good bike alright.

The clock is it's best feature. It is a well kept secret that Harley was forced to rubber mount the engine. They were paying out far too much in warranty claims. It seems the costly clocks were failing at an alarming rate. The attorneys that ride and design Harleys discovered rubber mounting as an effective fix. The rear fan was added originally for rider comfort. They found it also helped make the rider aware of the elevated temperature at the rear cylinder. The fans self- compensate for the rider's loud pipe induced hearing failure by getting much louder as they age. At two years they actually SQUEAL quite loudly. Simply brilliant.

BTW, Do Buells couple the odometer to the trailer or pick up wheel as the other Harleys have done? May be a Screeching Eagle accessory. Great way to rack up mileage!

I've got the Formotion clock and thermometer on their bracket that holds both. I've got it mounted in the far right "dashboard" mounting bolt.

You can read and see more on that here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=formotion

I have a photo attached about half way down the thread.

I've been pleased with them after they fixed some initial QA issues in the early days.

They've even got some LED lighted ones now that would be tempting if I didn't already have the standard ones. Plus I rarely ride at night anymore.

Al

don't give a shot what time it is while i'm riding. best i think keep it basic. the clock that chases red and the one that keeps my licence become the only one's i need to know [and a bit of luck] no i pod or gps. keep it simple bike and rider and on a good day you become one, you get a warm glow inside, then time doesn't matter.

ps. for a time anyhow. :rolleyes:

They only put a clock on the Buell so that riders would know when the coffee shop down the block closed.

Rj

if they put a video front/ rear recording system on they'd sell a lot more buells! [patent pending 996748]