Moto GP

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

Have to say, getting pretty excited about GP this weekend :grin:

Has to be Rossi :notworthy: , sorry to you boys across the water but Hayden is going to buckle uber the pressure :2c:

Enjoy!!!!

Paul

Hayden needs to stamp his authority on the Championship if he wants to win it. He has been very lacklustre recently and is only in the lead due to his consistent finishing, compared to Rossi's bad luck.

I think I am right in saying that both Melandri and Capirossi have a chance so they can't be written off either.

Guy :helmet:

Have to say, getting pretty excited about GP this weekend :grin:

yes, the MotoGP season is very exciting, and this next race has so high stakes it surely will shakes anyone's confidence if their spirit isn't solid as a rock.

i think rossi will eventually win, he's the best rider out there. Nicky is very good, of course they all are at this level, but rossi is far more agressive, and that's where it will come down to: who will own the track ?

i love to read the numbers and analysis on the motogp.com: see who's been riding more consistenly, who's really fast and not only because of the qualifiers, and then it all goes to shambles when the green light is on and they all race like madmen for the first corner :)

colin edwards was today, with pedrosa and especially Stoner, among the fastest ones if you count consistency. hayden wasn't really there nor was Rossi.

i hope rossi gets the crown; he deserves it, he's just above the others and adds class.

Unless one of them crashes out or DNF, I think the championship will go down to the wire with the champion victorious by one or two points.

Nicky made his points early in the season, but now the others have sorted their machines and he's back to finishing 5th or 6th. Right where he was last year. I'm not sure he has the stones to attack and take the championship. I'd like to see him do it, but if he does it will be by a very close margin.

I think Rossi will take the championship. Nobody out there commands the track under pressure like he does. If he has the championship in sight, he'll ride like a demon.

Can't wait for the last races! :)

Rj

it's going to get good!!! :thumbsup:

my prediction.....as much as i hate to admit it...Hayden will get away with it -_-

273897.jpg

I agree. Hayden by a whisker.

Difference is, I wish him well. If you ever watched "baby" Nicky race in the AMA series, you know he can be as fast as anybody on any day.

I think he needs to be trained by Apollo Creed, though... :P

Hayden needs to stamp his authority on the Championship if he wants to win it. He has been very lacklustre recently and is only in the lead due to his consistent finishing, compared to Rossi's bad luck.

I think I am right in saying that both Melandri and Capirossi have a chance so they can't be written off either.

Guy :helmet:

Not qualified to post [don't follow it] but what's important to my friends on LABiker[1] is only whether or not Rossi wins or not!

What I can guarantee beyond question is that it will not be a rider on a Moto Guzzi... :doh:

Ride on!

[1] Some members of that listserve have wagered all the sushi they can eat that V. Rossi will take the championship w/ other members that say he will not. This wager was made roughly mid-season when Signore Rossi was far behind in points and things looked dire for his chances at winning, before Little Nicky had a clear shot, as I recall. So I'm mostly interested in the race results from the 3rd-party position of someone who's enjoying spectating the trash-talk between these two camps, without having seen so much as a 5 sec. clip of any part of the 2006 MotoGP season! :grin:

Moto Gp racing is a team sport in a way, with engineers, tuners, etc. backing up the riders. And they, particularly Yamaha engineers, have let Rossi down this year, with more mechanical dnf's than Rossi's career tally of race crashes!! Clearly Rossi is still the best rider in the world, and few would disagree that if Hayden wins, Rossi is still the best rider in the world. Hayden's Honda, being the best road race machine on Earth, has clearly been his trump card, not himself. Just the same, he earned the ride, and is a nice fellow. If he does win, hopefully his current very gentlemanly manner of self confidence and modest pride of origin is not displaced by something less accepted on the world level.

Ciao, Steve

Hayden's recent spate of bad luck is as much to do with Honda providing him with a bike that is burning clutches due to poor clutch placement.

This year is unusual in that Hayden is essentially the test monkey for a 1000 cc bike that will never require further devleopment after the end of the season.

Hayden has show he can be both aggressive and intelligent but i think that it was telling that in the unveiling of the new Honda 800cc motogp bike to the press, it was Dani Padrosa that was on hand to field questions.

Hayden was out testing new clutches putting in the work.

A step to the other category. SBK Ducati teams might use in 2007 or 2008 a engine with 1200cc.

I was thinking, there is already now no competion with nobody, Ducati is simply the best, with a 1200 cc is just kicking asses al the time on every track on the globe :D

10549_SBK_Monza_gara2_cinque_vittorie_consecutive_per_Troy_Bayliss.jpg

Does anybody know the new calendar of Motogp 2007? I would like to go to Mugello next year.

A step to the other category. SBK Ducati teams might use in 2007 or 2008 a engine with 1200cc.

I was thinking, there is already now no competion with nobody, Ducati is simply the best, with a 1200 cc is just kicking asses al the time on every track on the globe :D

10549_SBK_Monza_gara2_cinque_vittorie_consecutive_per_Troy_Bayliss.jpg

Does anybody know the new calendar of Motogp 2007? I would like to go to Mugello next year.

2005 suzuki wins wsb. ''just in case you forgot antonio! no world domination from one season. anyway it did take an aussie rider once again.. can't italians ride these things. capirex excluded ! hope to see you in mugello. [if my ship comes in] ciao

2005 suzuki wins wsb. ''just in case you forgot antonio! no world domination from one season. anyway it did take an aussie rider once again.. can't italians ride these things. capirex excluded ! hope to see you in mugello. [if my ship comes in] ciao

Max Biaggi will ride the WSBK-Suzuki but I think he will not be world champion in his first year.

Bayliss, Barros and Haga is the main contenders IMHO.

Nicky's clutch problem is in his left hand, or rather in his head, not even the mighty HRC can fix that.

He will loose the top spot in the championship today, which is the best thing that could happen to him,

since then he have nothing to loose at the finale in Valencia and have to ride to in again.

But probably Rossi has broken Nicky's self confidence and the only way Vale will loose this is if

something bad (DNF) does happen in the last two races.

I will be at Valencia in two week, anybody else going?

This year is unusual in that Hayden is essentially the test monkey for a 1000 cc bike that will never require further devleopment after the end of the season.

/quote]

Don't forget - last year Hayden was racing a bike built for Biaggi, according to how he wanted it.

This year the bike was built for him. Clutch difficulty as an excuse?? He's won this year with the same clutch. Now it's suddenly shite?? I don't buy that. He's been backing off trying to preserve the championship. Now he's in trouble - Rossi can catch him. If he's out practising, it's because he's worried.

I really want to see him go balls out like he did last year at Laguna and CLAIM the championship. If he gets into that mindset every race he'd be a bigger force out there. I want to see him pushing the rider ahead forcing his way through. He's got the bike to do it.

Too much of a gentleman. He needs to be an asshole on the track.

Rj