An absolute must for every V11 owner!

Guzzirider

to remove goo, use gold ole Lighter Fluid. Works like a freakin charm. Seriouslly.

ronsonol-sm.jpg

cheaper and better than googone. and if you don't want to wait for it to dry, well just put a match near it. :lol:

really works well though, has someone mentioned this? I thought everyone would know that. :huh2:]

Also doubles as a somewhat decent Rainx water repellent.

Neither goo gone or naptha had any effect on this cream colored masking tape glue.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the tape real old and hard? Could it be a latex type glue? Have you tried a little heat?

It came with the windshield, so I'm not sure how old it is, Gary. It might be latex. It's like old chewing gum, but still not rock hard. I have a heat gun, and will try that carefully with a wooden stick sharpened like a chisel.

Is the tape real old and hard? Could it be a latex type glue? Have you tried a little heat?

Success! Thanks, Gary for the wood/heat combination. It worked fine. The glue dried up, and came off as a powder, like old, dried up paint.

Guest Gary Cheek

It came with the windshield, so I'm not sure how old it is, Gary. It might be latex. It's like old chewing gum, but still not rock hard. I have a heat gun, and will try that carefully with a wooden stick sharpened like a chisel.

Easy on the heat of course. Sometimes, if you can get it sft enough and still bear the heat you can rub the stuff with the ball of your index finger and get it to move. It may be a combination of the WD40, heating and scraping that gets the job done. Don't actually spray the WD40 around the heat gun while the gun is running either. And don't ask how I found out at age 14! :homer:

Easy on the heat of course. Sometimes, if you can get it sft enough and still bear the heat you can rub the stuff with the ball of your index finger and get it to move. It may be a combination of the WD40, heating and scraping that gets the job done. Don't actually spray the WD40 around the heat gun while the gun is running either. And don't ask how I found out at age 14! :homer:

I found out windshield de-icer makes a great flame thrower at age 16. Ah, if only I had known that when I was in the boy scouts. Would have saved a lot of time messing around rubbing sticks together. You were two years ahead of me, which shows how backward I was.