JRT, it's calling you, it's calling you

A Northern Irish woman is putting a bottle of whisky that could be the oldest in the world, up for auction next month.

– A rare Victorian Scotch thought to be over 150 years old: been in her family for generations.

Label says, "Glenavon*** Special Liqueur Whisky Bottled by the Distillers"

Glenavon closed in the 1850s

Expected to fetch up to £10,000 (£300 a shot) when auctioned at Bonhams, London.

Cancel the double garage.

Are you kidding? This is a change to get an even bigger garage. Let's see, buy the scotch, open a bar, lose the bottle, lose everything, take out a loan, start a tie-dyed t-shirt business and follow a band around, sell the t-shirts off and invest in dental floss ranch in Montana and a small hotel in Belize, wrangle floss, start up an encrusted tweezers business with a sideline in muffin research only to invent the next big muffin annointment tool, slip on some unbaked muffin batter and pith myself (I've had worse) falling into a coma, only to wake up ten years later, refreshed and sparkling with zircon encrustations, find the bottle of Glenavon, rub rocks in my head for breakfast, sell the hotel, sell the bottle of scotch, buy a 4 car garage and Bob's your uncle.

Sign me up.

Are you kidding? This is a change to get an even bigger garage. Let's see, buy the scotch, open a bar, lose the bottle, lose everything, take out a loan, start a tie-dyed t-shirt business and follow a band around, sell the t-shirts off and invest in dental floss ranch in Montana and a small hotel in Belize, wrangle floss, start up an encrusted tweezers business with a sideline in muffin research only to invent the next big muffin annointment tool, slip on some unbaked muffin batter and pith myself (I've had worse) falling into a coma, only to wake up ten years later, refreshed and sparkling with zircon encrustations, find the bottle of Glenavon, rub rocks in my head for breakfast, sell the hotel, sell the bottle of scotch, buy a 4 car garage and Bob's your uncle.

Sign me up.

You've got a plan there, JR, of sorts. I suspect that you've been sampling your reserves of 10yr old fish stock and are temporarily overcome with 'inspiration'.

Did you mean 'muffin', or 'puffin'?

As cool winds bring fall

Peaty malt sings syren song

Pour me another

see you're using the English structure there JR. Allow me to try the American

Montana

where men weave dreams from

dental floss

the Eagle

unlike lazy Hog

flies at dawn

J.R.T.

like the wise Puffin

sips fish stock

Sign me up.

Muffins and zircon encrusted tweezers, lemme guess: You're a Zappa fan?

Muffins and zircon encrusted tweezers, lemme guess: You're a Zappa fan?

sommmmetimes.

Don't be taken in

he's only a cheap desk fan

I just love fans. How did you know? I just finished rebuilding an Emerson Hassock fan. New bearings, new paint...the hole shebang. I'll have to get you a picture of it :pic: