My Griso

thgil

After buying my new griso a couple of months ago (sadly trading in my beautiful V11) the problems began.

20 miles into the journey home the oiol pressure light came on,so i stopped and phoned the dealer who then told me that it happened on the PDI.And they let me ride the bike out of the show room with out telling me!

Although i should of rode it straight back time was not on my side but was told there was nothing to worry about it would be sorted on the first service.A few hundred miles later oil was dripping from the engine breather tube,the gearbox and shaft seemed to be unduly noisey,which after contacting the dealer again was told not to worry it would be sorted on the first service.So the day of the service came and i was 2 hours late (should of gone right not left idiot).A tesco bag ambled its way across the road and nicely melted its self to my pipes which pleased me no end.Arrived at the shop service was carried out only to be told that they had'nt found why the oil pressure light comes on or why the gearbox was noisy.I contacted guzzi uk and the bike has been recovered and on its way to another guzzi dealership which i know and trust (based in worcester).I would never buy anything from this dealer again for sheer lack of customer service and shit attiude towards me and the bike.I will let you all know what happens next.(the dealer i purchased the bike from is based in aylesbury by the way!).

I know what you mean, and we're not alone.

I'm equal distance from Haywards of Cambridge having experienced mixed service from our supplying dealer so I last used Haywards when there was something that appeared it was beyond me.

They will be supplying my next Guzzi (unfortunately it might not be for a long while), might have to pay a little more for it but at least they seem to be interested in customer service.

I know Todd and others will be able to say "told you so" in respect of the pile them high dealerships

Hmmmm. Sounds like someone at that dealer can't read as well as not being able to carry out a half way decent PD.

On the gearbox noise? yes, they are noisy. With time it gets better but this is still a noisy box. The factory HAS offered a retrofit, (Whether this is no included with current boxes I don't know?) which consists of what appear to be two small thrust washers or shims that go on one of the shafts, (Sorry, can't remember which. If you're interested I'll look it up later.) which are supposed to help quiet the racket but the fctory stress that the din doesn't actually cause damage. :huh2:

The drain tube fron the airbox is supposed to be plugged. If the plug has been removed there *may* be a drip or two if you thrash the bike mercilessly. I have removed the plug on mine because I want to see if it will drip after I give the machine a protracted flog. So far the answer is no, but weather here is warming up and I'll expect more problems, if they are likely to occur, in hot weather. So far though it hasn't leaked a drop. The sump isn't over-filled is it?

Unlike the earlier models the oil light isn't a direct feed circuit I don't think. I haven't vbothered chasing the schematic but on my bike and others I have seen the light comes on when you turn on the ignition and the dash goes through it's 'Look at Me! Look at Me! routine and then goes out. I'm assuming that if oil pressure fails it will send a message to the dash computer and maybe the ECU that will illuminate the light and/or kill the engine. Because mine has been faultless I've had no need to chase reasons or diagnoses yet. Perhaps a faulty sender unit could still produce an error code in the new system just as it usd to cause a problem with the simple light before :huh2: Sorry, I know I'm not being much help.

Sorry to hear you're having such trials with yours. Mine has been fantastic since I first pushed the button. BTW, if it hasn't been done, get the dealer to do the fuel pump hose in the tank at the first service. It takes only a few minutes and they ARE falling off, due entirely to the use of 1 and 1/2 inches of crap hose and a couple of cheapshit hose clamps rather than proper jubilee clips :bbblll::rolleyes: . Mine didn't have a chance to blow off but when I puled the pump to check the hose was loose and the clamps weren't holding it very well at all, it was only a matter of time.

Pete

grisobreather.gif

re the oil leak.

We had a Griso on which the breather box(#1 in pic)

had not been machined.

Pressurized the crankcase within 10 seconds of running.

This was, of course, discovered about 5:45 pm on a Friday,

with a customer on the way from 200 miles away to pick it up the next morning.

A quick call to technical services yielded "Humm-- Let us know what you find."

Mike had it apart and noodled out by 8 pm.

Customer went away happy.

In our instance, it looked as if one hole was never drilled.

Perhaps you've got one that wasn't machined properly?

Just an idea.

Never seen the oil pressure light or gearbox noise issues, no help there.

Martin, it really does my heart no good to hear of such problems.

We would sell many more bikes if there were nothing but glowing reports

of Guzzi dealer service.

grisobreather.gif

re the oil leak.

We had a Griso on which the breather box(#1 in pic)

had not been machined.

Pressurized the crankcase within 10 seconds of running.

This was, of course, discovered about 5:45 pm on a Friday,

with a customer on the way from 200 miles away to pick it up the next morning.

A quick call to technical services yielded "Humm-- Let us know what you find."

Mike had it apart and noodled out by 8 pm.

Customer went away happy.

In our instance, it looked as if one hole was never drilled.

Perhaps you've got one that wasn't machined properly?

Just an idea.

Never seen the oil pressure light or gearbox noise issues, no help there.

Martin, it really does my heart no good to hear of such problems.

We would sell many more bikes if there were nothing but glowing reports

of Guzzi dealer service.

I REALLY wish I lived near your shop

me dealer is great for something but I won't go back after they came out to ask me "how do I do this?" I thought why am I paying you. :moon:

I assume he just didn't want to break anything and it wasn't coming apart correctly but still. How do I know? I Was having new tires mounted and the bearings were stuck and he thought I might know if there was something holding them in place. They ended up getting me new bearings from across town (guy left on a scooter to get'em) and charged me no more than the price they paid for'em. :thumbsup: So I guess it was kind of the worst and best dealer experience I've had but gave me no confidence in their work.