Michael Richars

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of credentials do any of the "rich and famous" have that applies to or substantiates anything they ever pontificate about; political or socially? All I can see is that they can "pretend"...or they have a good voice/can play an instrument. So they get good money for it from mindless dolts that toss money at them and would run over their own mothers just so said "star" notices them! Piss on every single one of 'em! They can all eat shit and die as far as I'm concerned.

What sort of credentials do any of the "rich and famous" have that applies to or substantiates anything they ever pontificate about; political or socially? All I can see is that they can "pretend"...or they have a good voice/can play an instrument. So they get good money for it from mindless dolts that toss money at them and would run over their own mothers just so said "star" notices them! Piss on every single one of 'em! They can all eat shit and die as far as I'm concerned.

why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

I agree with you but maybe not quite to that extreme. I wish there was no such thing as Celebs and special treatment. Think OJ would have walked if he wasn't a football/movie star? Think of some poor blackman in a project kills two people with half the evidence than what they had for OJ, he'd be in the chair by now. :huh2:

Celebs are ppl too, no better, sometimes worse, than any anyone else B)

voilà.

They are as entitled as anybody to have an opinion, and if they do use their fame and position to make a message come across to more people than when we do, that's fine.

You don't have to listen if you don't want to.

why don't you tell us how you really feel? :lol:

I agree with you but maybe not quite to that extreme. I wish there was no such thing as Celebs and special treatment. Think OJ would have walked if he wasn't a football/movie star? Think of some poor blackman in a project kills two people with half the evidence than what they had for OJ, he'd be in the chair by now. :huh2:

Ben

I could not agree more!!!! :thumbsup:

Well the last couple bits are a little extreme,yes! :D

But just because someone has the money and stardom does not, at least in my book..... in my world, give them any credibility or expertise in most of the areas they stick their noses into. I'll listen to more educated and involved people instead of a Sean Penn or "add celeb name here"! Their world is far removed from reality yet, as we see, the mindless sheep follow them as if they preach some sort of divine gospel. They are a large portion of what's wrong with this country, along with this reject Richards. Certainly they have the right to make idiots of themselves, deliver a message, or spout off, but, as I see it, since most are very wealthy it appears that a large percentage feel some guilt in the excesses they enjoy to some extent and feel the need to do/say/promote some altruistic persona that, in the end, affects the rest of us that are living in reality. Bottom line is that they do not live in reality, yet with the "fame envy" alot of people have here, the forum is ripe and we're left to deal with the after effects. No thanks. :2c:

I'll listen to more educated and involved people instead of a Sean Penn or "add celeb name here"!

isn't that cutting one self from the possibility that someone with no education has a very good grasp at things and a healthy view on life ? why do you think the people who are more educated should have automatically a more accurate view on things: don't experience and thoughts come in the equation ? Are you then ready to say that gyneacologists are no doubts better equipped to pleasure a woman than a normal punter ?

while there are some studio celebs extremely stoopid indeed, and while I don't reject the idea that most can be quite detached from the reality you and i have to confront every day, there are some with great brains and they know how to use it, and they have very decent views on things. If they want to jump on their golden soapbox and attack a problem on tv and use their fame to get that across, it's fine by me. I wouldn't just cancel an entire 'type' of human beens just because some celebs are totally out the loop.

20051122004909_sharon_stone.jpg*

* the use of this image of a celeb with a great brain and an amazing art collection doesn't inply any contractual terms.

Agreed. But there are far more unhinged than there are level headed (that speak out/make asses of themselves) thus the blanket statement. Believe it or not, but I don't have cable or satelite and don't watch anything but the occasional newscast along with documentaries here and there with maybe a football game thrown in. Could'nt tell you what "any" of the latest drama/comedy shows are about or who the stars are. I find it a waste of valuable motorcycle related time! So I guess I'm the one out of touch! :grin: