guzzi crash

Guest kjh

hi folks,

Talk about freak accidents, was riding on a sunny day when a lorry coming in the opposite direction, decided to lose a wheel, the whole wheel hitting me head on, putting me in hospital for over two months with more operations to come :( so my biking days are somewhat curtailed, might be able to manage a feet forward cruiser in a few years, hoping guzzi bring out a new california by then. Anyway if theres any members in Ireland interested, I've a few bits they can have for nought; v11 workshop manual, factory stand, guzzi panniers as new, though the frame was on the bike, might have other bits in the shed to. Just email if interested.

Tried to post a few images of crashed v11, but the file attachment doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

post-2428-1164215675_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi folks,

Talk about freak accidents, was riding on a sunny day when a lorry coming in the opposite direction, decided to lose a wheel, the whole wheel hitting me head on, putting me in hospital for over two months with more operations to come :( so my biking days are somewhat curtailed, might be able to manage a feet forward cruiser in a few years, hoping guzzi bring out a new california by then. Anyway if theres any members in Ireland interested, I've a few bits they can have for nought; v11 workshop manual, factory stand, guzzi panniers as new, though the frame was on the bike, might have other bits in the shed to. Just email if interested.

Tried to post a few images of crashed v11, but the file attachment doesn't seem to work, any ideas?

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you heal up well.

Get well soon , so sorry to hear about that terrible thing, I know how it could be and I wish to everyone to be carefull-predicting and avoiding situations and stay safe. ''What if'' and ''how can I stay safe''should be always in mind . <_>

I remember once long time ago, I was riding in speed highway , blind right corner, then came a car from the opposite side and made 180' turn inside the corner I was going, I hit on the ba$trd directly doing 80-90mph without any brakes. You don't want to know the rest. :glare:

Good recovery and be carefull ,safe and lucky. :bier:

How unlucky is that, good to hear you are recovering though.

I feel bad asking but i would be intersted in the panniers if you want to PM me with how much and P&P to Tipperary.

Cheers

easto

Let me add my condolences...I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. The picture you posted of your bike on its side with all its precious bodily fluids draining out all over the tarmac is as sad a thing as I've ever seen. Awful.

On the plus side however I am living proof that there is (motorcycle) life after a crash. Use your down time to deal with your bike. Make no rash decisions. Keep the faith.

"In Guzzi We Trust" :mg:

Let me add my condolences...I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. The picture you posted of your bike on its side with all its precious bodily fluids draining out all over the tarmac is as sad a thing as I've ever seen. Awful.

On the plus side however I am living proof that there is (motorcycle) life after a crash. Use your down time to deal with your bike. Make no rash decisions. Keep the faith.

"In Guzzi We Trust" :mg:

Well said Dr Gil :thumbsup:

l echo your sentiments exactly, good luck with the recovery, and don't wait too long to get back in the sadle again.

:bier:

Cheers

Van