Chassis balance

Guest ratchethack

& still others call it what it is, ie, a scythe.

G0d-D@MN but that was a tedious movie! I finally broke down & watched it after all these years, & the only thing I got out of it was a huge "Huh?" over how in heck Billy Bob Thornton ever got to be a celebrity based on that? :huh2: Dwight Yoakam, OTOH, needed killin'. Why is it again BB's character ended up back in the nuthouse? :grin:

Also got forced to sit thru some dreadful waste of time called Changing Times with Gerard Depardieu & Cat Deneuve by my Francophile gf this week. Two, count'em, two absolute loser movies [that I'm sure were both critically acclaimed; I know for sure on Sling Blade, but not the other] in one week!

What did I ever do to deserve this? ;)

Alright, let's skip the movie drivel, & get back to bikes!

:mg:

Keeping to the nit picking that we've degenerated to

Kaiser blade doesn't seem to be the same as a Scythe :D

I hadn't noticed the significance of the original reference or to what it referred to. Following your post I at least had a idea and a quick Google did the rest. The way you described reminded me of the critically aclaimed Catcher in the Ryewhich we had to read at school. I hated it and didn't get it at all. I've recently decided to re read it and see if I get it second time around - I've yet to do this.

It was interesting to see the film Sling Blade was inspired by a short fim Some Folks Call it a Sling Blade

staring Molly Ringwald. I always used to have a bit of a soft spot (misnomer) for her :wub:

As a spotty oik I used to watch the late night French films staring Catherine Deneuve in the hope that she'd get her kit off.

Gerald Depardieu in Cyrano de Bergerac - One of my all time top ten films - story line premise used for Roxanne and Truth about Cats and Dogs which were reasonable in their own right. I'm not sure about the Somersby version of Le Retour de Martin Guerre. I think it's always worth seeing these foreign language films ( they have to have subtitles for me) as sometimes they are better than the English language remakes. They wouldn't remake them unless they were a good story.

Moving back on to topic

I'm looking at a move out of the control room on to Traffic. To this effect I spent 3 days last week on the motorways, unfortunately I only spent one day with someone who was weighbridge qualified and there was no opportunity to put this to use, though did some interesting process concerning operators licences revolving around the usage of a recovery truck

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack

FWIW here is my crude math:

. . .[deleted out o' respect for the hallowed memories of Euclid, Newton, Archimedes, and Pascal]. . .

Well, crude certainly. Also quite creative. I never had a Math instructor give any points for creativity on an exam unless I arrived at the right answer in a new and different way. Didn't happen much as I recall, as "creativity" on math exams tended to get me off in the tall grass. :blush: D'you think y'er last math instructor would've given you any points at all? :huh2:;)

Well, crude certainly. Also quite creative. I never had a Math instructor give any points for creativity on an exam unless I arrived at the right answer in a new and different way. Didn't happen much as I recall, as "creativity" on math exams tended to get me off in the tall grass. :blush: D'you think y'er last math instructor would've given you any points at all? :huh2:;)

No, but I am sure BMG can relate to my math where close enough is all that matters. :grin:

You were able to follow the math, right?

I suppose I could have made an error and possibly been off by a factor of two or more :o

But, I think the only "error" is in the guesstimation, unlike your error in comprehending what you read when I wrote, "According to my calculations the weight bias can be shifted favorably, improving bike only bias by 59.23373970945032937478973832696367673746786 percent if the battery is slung in front of the alternator."

Which you seemingly read as, "According to my calculations the weight bias can be shifted favorably, moving bike only bias by 59.23373970945032937478973832696367673746786 percent if the battery is slung in front of the alternator.

Quite an easy error for you to make. I apologize. As a poster, I should take responsibilty for making the reading easy.

I probably should have put more emphasis on the differentiation between percentage improvement in bias versus percentage placement or movement, or I could have just stuck with percentage of bias placement and said that moving the battery would move the bias about 2% frontward (a 66.667% improvement towards the holy grail of 50/50)

Combining moving the battery with a Quat D muffler, and we may very close to 50/50.

It would be interesting to do the measurements with a full tank, and with a LeMans.

I'll bet a LeMans with full tank would have a frontward bias.

But this is all so tedious, could we please get back to Molly Ringwald :wub: and RedHeads?

Got any photos of the size 6 redhead?

I suppose I could have made an error and possibly been off by a factor of two or more :o

But, I think the only "error" is in the guesstimation, unlike your error in comprehending what you read when I wrote, "According to my calculations the weight bias can be shifted favorably, improving bike only bias by 59.23373970945032937478973832696367673746786 percent if the battery is slung in front of the alternator."

Which you seemingly read as, "According to my calculations the weight bias can be shifted favorably, moving bike only bias by 59.23373970945032937478973832696367673746786 percent if the battery is slung in front of the alternator.

Well, in a less than inspired moment I decided to end this bickering once and for all by conducting my own experiment. Shit doggie, I've got a bathroom scale so if Ratchet can do it, so can I.

Unfortunately my bike is now wedged half in and half out of the bathroom. Can't seem to move it forward or backward. Any ideas? Should I start a new thread?

Guest ratchethack

Unfortunately my bike is now wedged half in and half out of the bathroom. Can't seem to move it forward or backward. Any ideas?

Erm, uh,. . . certain dietary discretions would seem appropriate under these circumstances.

I wouldn't consume much of anything likely to induce sudden movements of any kind. ;):whistle:

BAA, TJM, & YMMV

could we please get back to Molly Ringwald :wub: and RedHeads?

Got any photos of the size 6 redhead?

I'm sure one of our new members from the land of Google will be along to offer videos of her.

But in the mean time here is a Red Molly

Red20Sailfin20Molly.jpg

& Pierre clap_1.gif Have you read Douglas Adams' "Dirk Gently Holistic Detective Agency" he suffers a similar fate with a sofa on his stairs

I sense a slight imbalance in this thread!

with a redhead on the back we need a blonde and brunette on the front to get the balance right..kinda like this but with only three passengers, and more like what we see on the hooters thread:

nct1.jpg

with a redhead on the back we need a blonde and brunette on the front to get the balance right..kinda like this but with only three passengers, and more like what we see on the hooters thread:

Sorry I can't tell her hair colour as she is , sensibly wearing a helmet

stoppie.jpg

But perhaps puts too much weight over the front

As a spotty oik I used to watch the late night French films staring Catherine Deneuve in the hope that she'd get her kit off.

I do remember seeing her in The Hunger getting her kit off with Susan Sarandon.

Talk about some nice front to rear bias! :food:

The way you described reminded me of the critically aclaimed Catcher in the Ryewhich we had to read at school. I hated it and didn't get it at all. I've recently decided to re read it and see if I get it second time around - I've yet to do this.

I have an entire shelf of CitR books. I'm compelled to buy them. If I see one, I have to buy it. If I go too long without buying one, I have to find one and buy it. I don't know why.

Rj