V11 Headers, how many...?

RacerX

Alright, so I too have fell victim to the lackluster V11 Sport/Le Mans headers... which leads me to ask how many of you would be interested in a high quality replacement?

I will be doing a set for myself, but was wondering how many of you might be interested in a set(?). Cost might be @$350~400 USD. These will be full *quality* stainless, and will most likely include collars and/or shims. They'll be guaranteed until you crash them. PM or e-mail me direct if you're interested. I may try and check back here this week.

If no takers, I'm sure I'll find something else to loose money on. ;)

The guy fabbing these will be SoCal's newest Guzzi pipe builder, who just finished a rockin' (dyno-proven) set-up for my Jack-All;

Jack-PSloanMeg1.jpg

What are you thinking about- same OD? Same ID? Single wall? Polished or brushed or unfinished? Would they be the later style with a front crossover or straight headers?

J, single wall with same ID. Brushed/as delivered stainless or we could polish them for a few extra bucks. I'm going to say, for right now, that they will be without the front x-over, unless there is a HIGH interest in those wanting them. I have both pairs, so I might do some dyno testing (with air/fuel data) to show/see what works best.

I will most likely follow this with a full system, most likely a 2-1 for use on my (soon coming) V11 Racebike.

Todd,

I am very interested. Will put down deposit if necessary to confirm.

Am concerned, tho, about fitting non-crossover version to Ballabio.

Thanks for all you do for Guzzis and Guzzisiti.

Bill

Todd,

I would be interested, especially if your dyno testing shows that there is not much of an improvement with the x-over. I'd prefer a system without it. I have already replaced one side (split along a manufacturing crease), and constantly mess around with the x-over to try to seal exhaust leaks, even after going with the solid shims.

Go for it and count me in.

Andy DiMizio

And for a mere $850 (tax, shipping, sake, etc - not included), you can try and convince this Japanese shop to export you a set of these:

jkl-exht1.jpg

jkl-exht2.jpg

"Dr. John" replicas.

Todd's version looks better and better all of the time.

Something that looks like the Griso headers w/ a proper 2->1->2 utilizing the stock cans [or aftermarket slip-ons] would be a treat. [or like the unit illustrated on the Jack-All]

Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to offer something that just recreates the V11's less-than-ideal stock exhaust control. :huh2:

Ride on!

:mg:

Something that looks like the Griso headers w/ a proper 2->1->2 utilizing the stock cans [or aftermarket slip-ons] would be a treat. [or like the unit illustrated on the Jack-All]

Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to offer something that just recreates the V11's less-than-ideal stock exhaust control. :huh2:

Ride on!

:mg:

That looks like a two into one to me Skeeve...

I too would like a full system.

DW

I could do with a set too, if they could be sent to England. I would be interested to know what the results of the front crossover/no front crossover test, as the Rosso has one and, apparently, that's the cause of the cracking :huh2: A system which retains the stock/aftermarket slipon silencers would be great.