Where is it?

Admin Jaap

just wondering like! why are all these dedicated v11 owners looking for other than air cooled two valve ......engine of v twin conviguration! ''arn't they happy'' they still seem to desire shaft drive! but many i notice allso own bee ems . some allready own 8 valve guzzi's.....mmmmm whats going...think think...ahhh they're looking for a true sports bike.... :huh2: too heavy...too unreliable....cost tooo much..and then won't earn it's keep...and then costs more :huh2: ''parts supply unreliable to non existant....mmmm sorry fellows but it's museum time...that spot where you thought of mounting it over the harth mantle! ''start making the brackets to hang it! get to work on that display cabinet and clear the area in the lounge...''SORRY'' but its over... just hang on till it's classic :doh: when donor bikes run out...''finnish'' :bier::rasta::sun::D

yeah but RSV's have one of the highest reliability marks of any superbike, I'm looking at a superbike I have a sportbike, they are not one in the same, a superbike to a sport bike is like a cruiser to a sport, apples and oranges, I have my apple a day I want a orange once in awhile :grin:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben:

When you're ready to get an RSV, contact me. We are also an Aprilia dealer, and I can give you some inside scoop on which ones are more reliable than the others . . .

I don't want to talk you out of the 1098, but I've owned quite a few of the Aprilias, and they were all great bikes, every one of them completely reliable. If you don't mind one that's a year old, you can get some spanky deals, too. If you're inclined you should give Greg at MI a call, they know Aprilias.

dk

Ben:

When you're ready to get an RSV, contact me. We are also an Aprilia dealer, and I can give you some inside scoop on which ones are more reliable than the others . . .

I was looking for a silver 04 factory as my first choice but I haven't looked too far beyond that, I'll e-mail you when I get close, maybe I'll even get one from you if you have the right one, for the right price :grin:

On the dutch forum someone noticed the new Griso 8 valve is completely removed from the official MG website... I'm afraid the new engine will not come soon.

http://www.motoguzzi.it

I had the pleasure to ride the Centauro for a few years and I know first hand what the 8valve engine can - and can't do.

With a chip, crossover and cone filters it showed 90hp on the dyno and could outdrag my cousin's V11Lemans anywhere.

What it couldn't do is idle, electrics working, shift without kung-fu kicks or make less noise from the clutch than the exhaust.

First time I rode the V11Lemans I could clearly see that it was a generation ahead in every respect but power.

I always wondered why Guzzi could not improve on that 12year old design they already had and introduce it in the new bikes. All it needed is a good injection, gearbox and voila.

I suppose they have their reasons. :huh2: