Where is it?

Admin Jaap

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have to wonder if anyone in Guzzi has any business sense or has any idea about public opinion! :huh2:

The only thing I can think of is for us all to flood the Guzzi inbox with questions saying "what's happened to the new 8 valve motor? Why arn't you going to produce it and why arn't you going to put it into a new sports bike?" Never know, they might actually listen to that. Nothing else seems to work......

The silly thing is there will be buyers out there who wanted to purchase a Griso, and were going to buy the current model but have now changed their minds because they are waiting for the new 8V model they have read about in the press.

:homer:

The silly thing is there will be buyers out there who wanted to purchase a Griso, and were going to buy the current model but have now changed their minds because they are waiting for the new 8V model they have read about in the press.

That's the only silly thing......?!?!

So what do I get next? Kinda leaning towards a Triumph 675 or a Ducati 1098, as Guzzi arn't going to do anything.....

In 1999 I was told by the MGNA head salesguy that Guzzi would be releasing a full touring bike "Real soon now". Seven years later, it's a reality. That was without the benefit of a mock-up or picture or anything. So, I would guess that the wait for the 8V will be a tad shorter than that. :glare: I suspect that waiting for the "maybe it'll happen" H2O engine might be a better choice.

I am one of those people. My dealer has a new Griso on the floor and when I heard about the 8v engine I put everything on hold. Now the rumor after seeing the 8v engine is that their will be no new engine (at least for a while :homer: ) I am now thinking about the Ducati S4R. My dealer has one sitting right next to the Griso.($800 less than a Griso)

Ps I will always keep my V11!!! :drink:

ducati lowered to 1098 price, compared to the 999, in the usa with 3000$ I think. And we still pay 999 price in europe.

Perhaps you should visit ZTK ot the new listed but believe me it will be and they have it. Yes prices are for new machines ,read and weep.

I am one of those people. My dealer has a new Griso on the floor and when I heard about the 8v engine I put everything on hold. Now the rumor after seeing the 8v engine is that their will be no new engine (at least for a while :homer: ) I am now thinking about the Ducati S4R. My dealer has one sitting right next to the Griso.($800 less than a Griso)

Ps I will always keep my V11!!! :drink:

Word is this is exactly why they pulled the info. Dealers rightly complained, and they saw the error of their ways. It is coming though, and other bikes with the 1200 8V can't be far behind. I still would not expect a motorcycle with this motor in the US until 2009. So, that's enough time to buy the Griso or Norge or Breva 1100 and enjoy it for some time before trading it on the Guzzi of your dreams (if you have 8V dreams ;)

dk

I'm leaning 1098 or RSVR but aprilia is no better off than Guzzi so that Ducati looks nicer and nicer, but you get so much more for your money with a Aprilia :huh2: and I don't have a lot of money lately, dang kids :grin:

All great bikes, but not apples to apples. Any Aprilia rsvr, let alone the new fire-breathing 1098 duc, will wipe the floor with our Guzzis. The new Aprilia superbike will be a V4 1000cc WSB platform/rocketship. However, they won't be Guzzis. None of them hold a candle to the MGS-01's sex appeal, so hopefully if that comes out it might persuade you back.

dk

All great bikes, but not apples to apples. Any Aprilia rsvr, let alone the new fire-breathing 1098 duc, will wipe the floor with our Guzzis. The new Aprilia superbike will be a V4 1000cc WSB platform/rocketship. However, they won't be Guzzis. None of them hold a candle to the MGS-01's sex appeal, so hopefully if that comes out it might persuade you back.

dk

WELL duh, but I mean I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd take a nice road legal MGS-01 anyday, I'd really like to just modify a trackbike, I like the old 4v heads better :huh2: I can dream, I can't on the otherhand produce about $30k with mods and shipping to make it happen :(

WELL duh, but I mean I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd take a nice road legal MGS-01 anyday, I'd really like to just modify a trackbike, I like the old 4v heads better :huh2: I can dream, I can't on the otherhand produce about $30k with mods and shipping to make it happen :(

ha ha lol!

just wondering like! why are all these dedicated v11 owners looking for other than air cooled two valve ......engine of v twin conviguration! ''arn't they happy'' they still seem to desire shaft drive! but many i notice allso own bee ems . some allready own 8 valve guzzi's.....mmmmm whats going...think think...ahhh they're looking for a true sports bike.... :huh2: too heavy...too unreliable....cost tooo much..and then won't earn it's keep...and then costs more :huh2: ''parts supply unreliable to non existant....mmmm sorry fellows but it's museum time...that spot where you thought of mounting it over the harth mantle! ''start making the brackets to hang it! get to work on that display cabinet and clear the area in the lounge...''SORRY'' but its over... just hang on till it's classic :doh: when donor bikes run out...''finnish'' :bier::rasta::sun::D