Failure update

staedtler

Guest Mattress

O... I know :bier:

beer_girl.jpg

I wish more boobies were posted :bier::cheese::food:

Wow. I'm honored to be among you.

This is motorcycle culture at it's zeinith and proves out my

long time belife that the Guzzists are the cream of the crop.

I always have tools galore in my bags and always slow to get a thumbs up

from a stranded rider and stop to help if I don't.

This is what it's all about. And who dosen't haul down to stop anytime

you see a Guzzi at a watering hole..or in some ones drive way.

In these troubled times I just got to say:

Hats off to Gary, Pete, Jaap, all the V11 forum citizens and the true

motorcyclist everywhere. I'm absolutly proud of you all.

Good luck staedtler.

I know I'd be dying if my little freight train puked it's guts.

You know there is a lot of flame wars here sometimes, like children. But I felt most honored one day when I went to the Ilinois Ducati riders club meeting and a dude told me I rode with the coolest people on the planet cause I had a Guzzi; and you know what I agreed. :drink:

One summer morn in East Lansing, Michigan (1974?) my dad put me on the gas tank and took me for a ride. I remember that. Does anyone else have an early youth Guzzi moment? God I was like three or four.... Is that how the Guzzi junkie starts in life? I never connected the dots till I showed up on a Guzzi at a relatives party.

If I was rich I'd buy that 750S on ebay. God help me and help me to keep a good steed in my garage.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish more boobies were posted :bier::cheese::food:

You know there is a lot of flame wars here sometimes, like children. But I felt most honored one day when I went to the Ilinois Ducati riders club meeting and a dude told me I rode with the coolest people on the planet cause I had a Guzzi; and you know what I agreed. :drink:

One summer morn in East Lansing, Michigan (1974?) my dad put me on the gas tank and took me for a ride. I remember that. Does anyone else have an early youth Guzzi moment? God I was like three or four.... Is that how the Guzzi junkie starts in life? I never connected the dots till I showed up on a Guzzi at a relatives party.

If I was rich I'd buy that 750S on ebay. God help me and help me to keep a good steed in my garage.

I've never had such a moment, but I make them for my kids, we live in a quiet little neighborhood and he had a helmet, I'm not crazy, tho that was probably still illegal.

IMG_0733.jpg

Guest Mattress

He'll probably remember that for life.

And I had a helmet too, cause I remember it being a half face bubble shield that was so popular in the 1970s.

I think you are a smart dad. If I ever have kids, wife be damned they are going to have some fun with me even if I don't have a bike then.

Yeah, I remember my grandfather (Papa) taking me out on his Honda 305 superhawk when I was just a tiny little sprite. He made me wear a football helmet because that's all he had. :lol: Good times!

I have two memorable childhood moments. When I was 4 years old, living in Newark, as I came out of the candy store, a Harley rider pulled up to the curb. It was 1949. He was wearing complete white leathers, fringes all over, western style, lots of silver buttons with blue gemlike inserts, as did the bike. The bike was white with blue trim, tassels on the grips, etc. No helmet, a cap like Marlon Brando wore in "The Wild Ones". The image of him kickstarting the big monster (to a 4 year old, it was huge) and roaring off down the street, sticks in my mind to this day. I still have the crayon drawing I made later on.

The next happened when I was 15. The guy across the street had drug the Harley he had mothballed when he got married out of his garage, cleaned up and got it running. It was a full dress beauty. He took me to High School on it, and I was totally hooked. There was no consideration or discussion of helmets back then, just the blast of wind, rumble of the open exhaust, hanging on for dear life. That was it. I was hooked for the rest of my life. Never stopped riding when my kids came along, and glad of it. I like to remind them when they get too serious, in life "Ya gotta have fun!". What the hell, it doesn't last forever anyway, I say to myself.

Memories from our youth, so long ago in a small town in Ohio...

The jap bikes never got much attention but several Harleys, BMWs and Guzzis did. I was a paper boy and rode my bicycle all around town. I noticed even then that the Harleys spent most of thier time in the front yards getting polished.

The Beemer & Guzzi guys were never around and thier bikes always needed washed...

A man just down the street had a guzzi and would tolerate my help with maintenance. He still has that Guzzi, I visited him recently to show off my LeMans. We talked for hours and he hopes to get that old Guzzi back on the road for next season.

I had an uncle (God rest his soul) that gave me my first ride on a Harley. He then turned me loose on a small trail bike (Honda trail 90) and let me ride his large estate. That was my first crash, couldn't get the bike stopped and rode it off of a dock on a small fishing pond.... He just laughed, I was mortified, I think the trail 90 is still in that pond!

Years later I'm picking up my son from Grandma's on a small jap enduro, he fell asleep on the bike and his helmet lands with a thump on my back. Practice those one handed quick stops, you never know!

:mg:

Guest Gary Cheek

I started out with a Little Indian minibike powered by a 2 1/2 HP Clinton two stroke. Managed to score a nice McCulloch Mc-8 , ported, hyprode rod, Wiseco piston, Mc-6 HC head , two Tillotson carbs on Alky!

An honest 80 mph mini bike. Never had a helmet, rarely even had brakes. Got away with it until my dad took it for a spin. Dad said it was time for me to get a car. Wound up with a 1931 Ford Model. The minibike was a lot less dangerous.

I love this board. :wub:

Sorry about your engine staedtler but the way you guys are stepping up to the plate in a members time of need is inspiring. Thank you. clap.gif

Yea, they're a bunch of bleeding hearts. No wonder Golden Goose left. :huh2:

I started out with a Little Indian minibike powered by a 2 1/2 HP Clinton two stroke. Managed to score a nice McCulloch Mc-8 , ported, hyprode rod, Wiseco piston, Mc-6 HC head , two Tillotson carbs on Alky!

An honest 80 mph mini bike. Never had a helmet, rarely even had brakes. Got away with it until my dad took it for a spin. Dad said it was time for me to get a car. Wound up with a 1931 Ford Model. The minibike was a lot less dangerous.

Ah the memories. Tillotson carbs. Westbend 820s. Probably 35 years ago my buddy had a go-cart that had twin Macs, I think I recall them being 89's or 101's, not sure. Two carbs each. I'll never forget that look and sound of the cris-crossed expansion chambers across the back. No such thing as idle (I think the clutches engaged about 3000rpm) and went like stink when wide open. Cool stuff. No, no helmets, mostly just shorts and 80mph on the street with your ass an inch off the pavement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...