My Dealer Disappeared

polebridge

I bought my Coppa last November at the 'Aprilia New York' dealer (they also sold Aprilias and Ducatis). I stopped by this weekend and discovered that they have changed their name to 'Ducati New York' and no longer sell Aprilias or Moto Guzzis. Instead they now sell just Ducatis, Triumphs, and MVs.

They also indicated that getting parts and service from them in the future for my MG may be touch and go.

This sucks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a new Guzzi dealer here :bier: and they opened another one 60 miles down the road. :drink:

I do know that Guzzi closed the old dealer in my town to go with a fresh new dealer who will put product on the floor and stock parts. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your dealer but I bet you will have a new one soon.

JJ

I bought my Coppa last November at the 'Aprilia New York' dealer (they also sold Aprilias and Ducatis). I stopped by this weekend and discovered that they have changed their name to 'Ducati New York' and no longer sell Aprilias or Moto Guzzis. Instead they now sell just Ducatis, Triumphs, and MVs.

They also indicated that getting parts and service from them in the future for my MG may be touch and go.

This sucks!

Yea, it's one of the troubles with having euro bikes. My closest dealer was BMW, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, Suzuki. BMW wanted him to enlarge and become BMW exclusive. So he got out of BMW. He still has Moto Guzzi but sells mostly Suzuki & Triumph. Hence, the parts coverage for MG is terrible. The next BMW or Guzzi dealers are 50-70 miles away. Wouldn't be bad except it means either driving through or around Chicago's congestion to either. :bbblll:

Oh well, I'll still take them over the UJMs.

Guest rosso mandello

Do not think, that we are better off in Denmark, with a wery small number of bikes MG has an awfull parts coverage, and the dealers getting wery little or none support from the importer. That means, that I order most of my parts from Italy, AGOSTINIS, that works. In Moto Guzzi Klub Denmark we are 700 members, but only about 10 v11 bikes. So I get my news from this forum, keep on writing out there....

The weather is strange, I rode today in 10 degrees heat, most unusual for december in Denmark. :bike:

Mogens.

This sucks!

Last time I was in there the salesman was respectively insulting to Guzzi's so I am not too surprised at this development. They had one good Guzzi mechanic when the place first opened and he has since left the company. FBF or Rockwell are your options.

Guest Nigelstephens

I too am not suprised. Tried to get some parts recently and cant get them in the UK at any outlet I tried, including corsaitalia and motoMecca.

When my dealer in Ft. Pierce Florida (he was worth the hour and a half trip) finally decided to call it quits about a year ago I knew there was trouble. He had been grumbling for a long time but he actually raced guzzis and knew his stuff. So now I was stuck with the Miami area dealers. Three of them have dropped Guzzi within the last year. No big loss really as they were terrible to begin with. A new multi brand dealer opened about three months ago. I dropped by to collect an oil filter and was told they could order one for me. Told me all I wanted to know. Look for number 4 to drop out shortly. Its bad out there.

Kaput

I don’t even know if there is a real dealer left in FLA. Stan's in Gainesville has been a dealer since the 70's and he has dropped them from what I have been told. He is still working on them and racing them. He won his AHRMA class again for 06. We had a local dealer in Tampa (Euro Cycles), but they finally dropped them, which was a good thing. You would go in to look at a guzzi and they would tell you what a pile of crap they were and would try to sell you a ugly BMW. It is better not to have a so-called dealer than one that slams the bikes.

On the other hand, it is hard to blame them. In the past few years MGNA has really stuck it to the dealers with all the warranty claims (cams, clutches, engine paint, trans recalls, bad tanks, bad wheels, etc..). It looks like the new guard is following in the same direction. At least with the older models there is a good aftermarket parts supply. Some of the new models are nice but I would be scared to buy one due to no support.

When my dealer in Ft. Pierce Florida (he was worth the hour and a half trip) finally decided to call it quits about a year ago I knew there was trouble. He had been grumbling for a long time but he actually raced guzzis and knew his stuff. So now I was stuck with the Miami area dealers. Three of them have dropped Guzzi within the last year. No big loss really as they were terrible to begin with. A new multi brand dealer opened about three months ago. I dropped by to collect an oil filter and was told they could order one for me. Told me all I wanted to know. Look for number 4 to drop out shortly. Its bad out there.

Kaput

You can get that filter at WalMart for under $5. Its a SuperTech brand filter # is st3614 :thumbsup:

You can get that filter at WalMart for under $5. Its a SuperTech brand filter # is st3614 :thumbsup:

Yup. should have shopped at wall mart. We got plenty of those here. :bier:

I don’t even know if there is a real dealer left in FLA. Stan's in Gainesville has been a dealer since the 70's and he has dropped them from what I have been told. He is still working on them and racing them. He won his AHRMA class again for 06. We had a local dealer in Tampa (Euro Cycles), but they finally dropped them, which was a good thing. You would go in to look at a guzzi and they would tell you what a pile of crap they were and would try to sell you a ugly BMW. It is better not to have a so-called dealer than one that slams the bikes.

On the other hand, it is hard to blame them. In the past few years MGNA has really stuck it to the dealers with all the warranty claims (cams, clutches, engine paint, trans recalls, bad tanks, bad wheels, etc..). It looks like the new guard is following in the same direction. At least with the older models there is a good aftermarket parts supply. Some of the new models are nice but I would be scared to buy one due to no support.

Hey Karl. You are right, Stan's was a real no frills Guzzi shop tucked away in the industrial wasteland of Gainsville. I used to go visit him occasionally. As you probably know he had all kinds of cool Guzzi stuff tucked away in that shop of his and he was always good for a funny story. I haven't been there in a couple of years but if HE dropped out then he truly was the last dealer standing here in Florida. By the way, you appear to have a nice collection of bikes. Do you do all your own work (it is alnost inevitable isn't it) or have you found anyone to help you if you had the need?

Kaput

Yes, Walmart'll soon be carrying all the parts you need for your Guzzi, as they carry everything else you need to live a healthy and fulfilling life. That's why the folks who work there smile so extravagently!

Its not like I'm a big fan of WalMart & their business practices.

However when a forum member needs an oil filter, which btw any dealer with sense should keep in stock, & cant get one at a Guzzi dealer what should he do? As a forum member & fellow v11 owner I feel this is certainly the place to let him know where to find one. I guess I should also mention you can get other brand filters for your v11 at Autozone & other car parts stores, but I had the old box from my last oil change that happened to be from Walmart with the part # so I gave the info from the box. I would much rather we all support our dealers instead of bs places like Walmart & the likes, but when said dealer is over 50 miles away & doesnt stock general maintenance products I would at least call to see if they have what you need before you go.

Btw I'm not talking about my dealer by any means. I fortunately havent needed much for my bike yet & he is well over 50 miles away so I dont bother to go there for an oil change.

This sucks!

There's a dealer near Marcus Dairy in Danbury, CT that seems to have a good following. I have been to Marsh Motors in E. Windsor, CT, they are a high quality old school dealership. I'm sure there are others out there. Joe