My Dealer Disappeared

polebridge

Unless something has changed recently, MPH is not an Aprilia dealer.

Greg is correct, we are not an Aprilia dealer.

If you have reason to come to Texas, Af1 would be a straight shot down I-35,

about 1900 miles. Lots of corn to see on that route. soybeans, too.

Seattle would be closer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg is correct, we are not an Aprilia dealer.

If you have reason to come to Texas, Af1 would be a straight shot down I-35,

about 1900 miles. Lots of corn to see on that route. soybeans, too.

Seattle would be closer.

sorry I mixed that one up. I knew later when I thought about it. :homer: I thought greg was at MPH but then realized no that TODD at mph, oh well, aren't you in Texas? you have good serivce doncha? :grin:

I would ask you which Honda part but then this is a Guzzi forum so I won't ask you. So please don't tell me. Thanks in advance.

Kaput

I don't remember the part number of the top of my head but I left a post on aprilia forum about it some time ago. Look there for posts by 'polebridge'. When I get a chance, I'll look for the link myself.

I don't remember the part number of the top of my head but I left a post on aprilia forum about it some time ago. Look there for posts by 'polebridge'. When I get a chance, I'll look for the link myself.

Thanks bro. Much appreciated, :thumbsup:

Kaput

Well this won't help you any but Valley Yamaha of Chilliwack, BC (formerly Valley Yamaha/Moto Guzzi until last spring) is now Valley Yamaha/Moto Guzzi/Aprilia!!

They were informed of the return of dealership status last Wednesday and as of today it looks like they have taken deposits for 3 Moto Guzzi's and one Aprilia. There is also talk of Griso and Breva 1100 demonstrator bikes.

Well, it will help me! I was VERY happy to hear that they got the dealership back. Since I took a test ride on that Le Mans that my buddy Cliff wound up buying (we met you there last Saturday Jim) it is pretty much just a matter of time (possibly quite some time) before I wind up with one of the big blocks. What got me on my Breva is a really good dealership right down the road where I can see, sit on and ride what I think I might want. Now that they are back I can look forward to another Guzzi. Can't wait to see (and ride) the Norge and the Grisso!

Guest dudester

Hey guys- newbie here (used to lurk on this board but my membership lapsed- just re-upped).

I used to live in Miami and now live in St. Louis, and was interested in the responses re: dealerships. I bought my Guzzi ('93 Cal III) from Howard at Action Cycles in Ft. Lauderdale. A great guy but always seemed to have trouble keeping the shop running- is he still there? As for St. Louis, and you locals probably know this, long time Guzzi (along with other brands) dealer Donnelson's is making noises about dropping Guzzi's- seems they're having real troubles getting parts. I found this out when they recently replaced their aging pole sign in front of the building, and "Guzzi" is nowhere to be found on the new sign. Oh well. As far as that goes, MGNC has recently rewarded a franchise to a scooter shop just west of town- nice enough guys but it seems to me to be a big jump from scooters (mostly Italian and Korean) to Guzzi's. I wasn't impressed when a salesman told me one day, when I mentioned I had an older Guzzi, that he heard they were great bikes, and that theyv'e been making four-cylinders bikes for some time now!.

Looking forward to responses and joining in on more conversations in the future.

guess same story all over the world wiv Guzzi,dealers giving up the franchise. Here in UK we have a handfull of dealers,some are really good and do their best but with an indifferent attitude from Italy are banging their heads against the proverbial brick wall...

Lets face it dealers are in business to make money,if Guzzi cant return them a reasonable return from the effort they expend they are going to find a manufacturer that will. Even the most enthusiastic dealer MUST return a profit to exist. Add the slow sales, the non existant back up on parts and service and the hassle that generates for both customer and dealer and you can see why so many Guzzi dealers throw in the towel.

I love my Guzz but considering the amount of money I spent buying it I am disapointed that over the past five years things seem little better at Guzzi. The new bikes are fab but if the back up hasn't improved it will all be wasted effort as sales will not climb to profitable no's for the dealerships. Furthermore quality must improve further still. My V1100 has sufffered pinion brg failure at only 18k,thats discracefull for a part that is tried n tested and soo simple in construction. Furthermore the parts to put it right were a rip off from Guzzi......(see thread).

So how do we KICK Guzzi's arse an get emm to do it right!

oh well better get off me soapbox huh...

ride carefully guys..

HAPPY NEW YEAR

We here in Christchurch New Zealand are also losing our long term Guzzi dealership. (Eric Wood Motorcycles)

As they are going to be Harley Davidson only and are dropping the Aprilia dealership as well.

A short time ago they lost or gave up the Yamaha dealership.

Someone said that Harley Davidson are telling their dealerships to go one brand, theirs.

I think that they will keep the Buell side going as well.

Many of the "big" american comapanies pull this. AB of the budweiser fame does the same thing. There is a dealer here in town that has harley and aprilia plus a ktm and others but they have two buildings across from each other one with only harley and the other with, well everything else. I don't currently know of one true guzzi dealer in MN, I think motoprimo stills has the brand, maybe the place way up north in mora does. :huh2: aprilia has hit the same skids I dont' know of one true apirlia dealer in MN, I heard a farm implement dealer has the brand up north, Funny they should have gotten guzzi in my book :lol: these are sticky times for both Aprilia and Guzzi, what piaggio does in the next few years will determine if we have either in N.America. :doh: