Tracking bikers’ speed

Pierre

Guest jim fordham

This is getting out of hand . I ve heard it all know . It would never work everyone would just rip them off, or find a way to disarm the dam thing, no problem on a guzzi they shake every know electrical devise know to man to destruction, ( I once heard NASA use a guzzi to test shuttle electrics). Where is this sort of thing going to end. And surely there's more important things to spend money on , like sorting out the crap road surfaces or sorting out all the bloody man hole covers we find on the apex of a bend , write laugh in the wet.

To sum up white hall tossers,

Jim

I feel better know

Oregon's considering mileage tracking is also kinda disturbing.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/b...r/?id=110006669

I posted about this before and the one response on this forum was that it was a good idea <_>

I would however agree that someday it will be unfair when half the drivers are driving electrical cars and paying little or no road tax and the burden falls on the infernal combustion engine users.

But adding GPSs to cars just to level the taxing per mile vs. hybrids is ridiculous.

The burden on the road, on society, and on the environment can never be taxed perfectly fairly.

Maybe motorcycles should be taxed more because of the cost of scraping us off the roads :huh2:

A gas tax is generally fair enough.

Heavier and more powerful vehicles chew the road up more and hog more of the space.

Using more fuel increases AGW and forces a dependence between nations that has resulted in many deaths, tragedy and lost dollars.

Big Brother watching us with GPSs is a bad idea.

The criminal element will surely find a way around it and honest citizen will pay the price.

Stolen license plates are the best way to deal with speed trap cameras.

I want one of them Jame Bond type flipping license plates :grin:

I guess that puts me into the criminal element category...

Guest ratchethack

Alex Edge at Motorcycle Daily had the same take on it as meself:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/17march06_speed.htm

It's another trial balloon, and it'll be launched as many times as it takes. . . . . <_<

Gents, with any luck, we'll be able to finish out our days without some form of draconian limitations on our sport that actually put our safety at much greater risk, and at the same time limits most of wot we take for granted about the enjoyment of motorcycling.

How long before the Eco Fraud Extortion Jihad is able to slap us with restrictions on power output with displacement limits? How about sealed government certified intake restrictor plates? How about carving y'er favorite canyon on an electric scooter?? <_<:moon:

I give the next generation less than a 50-50 chance of enjoying anything resembling motorcycling as we know it today by the end of their lifetimes, and the following generation less than a 20% chance.

Is there anyone today who imagines that motorcycles would ever get through government mandated safety restrictions at all anywhere in the Western world if it were introduced as a new vehicle category today?? :huh2:

Think about it. They ain't got bumpers, safety belts, or air bags (among a huge and rapidly growing list o' other already regulated stuff, some o' which is pure crap) -- yet these and many more are already (or soon to be) government requirements on new cars and trucks.

It's a great time to be alive. ;) I'm goin' f'er a ride while I can still get away with it. . . . -_-

what would become of track days? who wants to go around laguna at 45mph!!!! :lol:

Joking aside, if this sort of legislation ever becomes reality, then track days will become massive in popularity- the only place to let off steam.

If it became a serious threat, I'm happy to start a fund to send an ICBM to blow those satellites out of orbit!

Guy :helmet: