I found my next bike!!!!!!!!!!

wheelsucker

There have been so many rumours about the Stelvio floating aroud I wouldn't be the least bit surprized if there wasn't *some* sort of prototype running around Mandello. By all accounts there have been some new/strange looking bikes in the vicinity.

Whether this is a photoshop or not the idea looks pretty close to what you'd expect. 8V engine, Aprilia-esque styling and the typical 'Parts-Binny' look of a Guzzi :grin: .

Pete

I know it is all speculation, but a well built reliable Guzzi Enduro styled bike could do really well.

The BMW GS is a clit bike- every c**ts got one! When you ride around Europe, you see literally hundreds of the bloody things, all the riders dressed from head to toe in BMW corporate clothing pretending they are "adventure touring", whereas they are really on the way to a 4 star hotel!

Room for some orginality in the market, and to provide an alternative for those who don't want to pretend they are Ewan or Charlie.

If they used the 4V motor (assuming it exists), and put a big tank on it, Guzzi could make a bike that would kick the BMW's arse.

A Guzzi will never sell better than a BMW but I reckon there is potential here.

Guy :helmet:

IF (big if) Guzzi ever gives us an mid-size adventure bike, I'd sign up in a heartbeat...

Something comparable to the KTM 640 adventure but with the air-cooled twin, shaft drive, and spoked wheels that could run tubeless would be about perfect. Kind of a updated Quota for the new century.

Just my :2c: .

There's probably no more than 16 of us in the whole world that would be interested. :(

Oh well.

Phil

Atlanta GA

IF (big if) Guzzi ever gives us an mid-size adventure bike, I'd sign up in a heartbeat...

This old prototype looks nice

V65TT Baja

v65ttbaja.jpg

They could drop the 750 engine in something like that and give it a mono shock. But getting a lot of travel out of a shafty can have trade offs.

http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/html/v65ttbaja.htm

The production TT was less impressive looking

http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/html/v65tt.htm

and probably had many of the V65 problems.

Has the Breva750 engine been more reliable?

I suspect it has.

Something comparable to the KTM 640 adventure but with the air-cooled twin, shaft drive, and spoked wheels that could run tubeless would be about perfect. Kind of a updated Quota for the new century.

Just my :2c: .

There's probably no more than 16 of us in the whole world that would be interested. :(

Oh well.

Phil

Atlanta GA

I'm with ya !!!

Take a KTM 640 Adventure and put a Guzzi 750 driveline into it !!!

What a great little adventure-tourer it would be !!!

If Moto Guzzi doesn't bring this bike to the US I'll be PI$$ED!!!!!!!!! Local MG dealer will have my deposit the second I know they are coming to the US. The Stelvio if freakin awesome.

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/news/2008..._moto_guzzi.htm

Keep in mind that what you're looking at is a Raptors and Rockets Photo-chop job with an 8v Griso as a starting point.

That being said, I like it, too.

It needs more front suspension tavel than what is shown in the R&R photo.

The Multistrada S has 6.5-inches of travel in its Ohlins fork. That would probably get you by. More would be better. Most streetbikes have about 5-inches of front travel and that's not enough for riding fast on rough roads or gravel roads.

My Quota can eat up some pot holes and washboard !!! It has 7.2-inches travel in its Marzocchi forks(180mm).

I would love a 1200GS-ESQ Guzzi put a big tank on it and some good travel would need some aggressive looks like that prototype and I'd probably get in line also. I really like the 1200GS but a similar guzzi version would probably seal the deal, especially if they could sell it for less than the 15k BMW wants and for some reason a bigger tank and spoked wheels costs 2k more on the adventure :huh2:

I'd say if they could get a 12-13k price point they'd sell, they'd have to be less than the BMW's to stand a chance.

It's interesting that both the models seem to be sporting "street" tires.

Is Guzzi trying to tell us something about this new "adventure" bike? :huh2:

Last time I checked Raptors & Rockets was not part of Moto Guzzi.

This is a fantasy Photoshop bike based on an 8v Griso.

Even if it is a photo chop, maybe guzzi will build it or something similar if they get enough positive feedback. With the success of the Duc Multistrada, Suzi vstrom, Buell Uly, and the new tiger, hopefully MG is seeing there are lots of people willing to buy these types of bikes. I also heard Europe has a Kawasaki Versys which is along the same lines and supposed to be a great bike. These types of bikes are half sport, half touring, half adv, and all fun.

These types of bikes are half sport, half touring, half adv, and all fun.

Not much ADV in 'em.

I'd go for Sporting Standard or Sport Touring.

All the bikes you mentioned are, after all, street bikes...

No doubt they spend most of thier time on the pavement, but there is no shortage of people taking them down dirt, fire, and rugged mountain roads. Visit advrider. com if you think that people don't take those bikes down some nasty roads. Nobody is talking about taking them down tight nasty single track, but they are not strictly pavement bikes at all. These are becoming the new true touring rigs because they can do just about everything, they are the true all arounders.

No doubt they spend most of thier time on the pavement, but there is no shortage of people taking them down dirt, fire, and rugged mountain roads. Visit advrider. com if you think that people don't take those bikes down some nasty roads. Nobody is talking about taking them down tight nasty single track, but they are not strictly pavement bikes at all. These are becoming the new true touring rigs because they can do just about everything, they are the true all arounders.

If you spent more time over at ADVrider, you'd see that I'm there quite frequently... :drink:

Search "Rocker59" next time you're there if you'd like to see some of my posts... :D

I agree with you that bikes like these are becoming the new "all-arounders".