1. 1. Are you coming?

• Wouldn't miss it, even if on 4 wheels
    • Love to, but it's too far for me
    • Just simply can't make it

SCGN08-72.jpg

2008 MGNOC National

Malibu, CA

June 24-26th (Tues.-Thurs.)

Take the week off and ride one of the ultimate motorcycling destination in the U.S. -- cruise along the cool ocean air on Pacific Coast Highway in Southern California and camp alongside the Pacific Ocean and stars in prestigious old-world Malibu, CA. From the foot of camp, snake up into the Mountains along the legendary Mulholland Drive, and visit infamous places like the Rock Store, and see many historical locations such as the actual filming location of M*A*S*H and many others, or visit nearby Hollywood if you choose. Come see what makes SoCal the Mecca of wheeled enthusiast.

Many events in planning, including an Italian Bike Show with special guest judges, rides, tech seminars, games and a Guzzi-only track day on Friday the 27th (details to come).

All details, including costs, after Dec. 1. Rides in planning across the U.S.

If you've always been wanting to see much of the U.S., plan your adventure... put it on your Calendar now!

For more talk and current details, please see the SoCal-Guzzi.com webboard HERE

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

C'mon folks- go to the Nationals. After the Minnesota disaster, we (Guzzisti) need all the support we can muster.

Heck, I might even go if my family gets over all the colds and flues and nonsense we've been suffering this winter.

C'mon folks- go to the Nationals. After the Minnesota disaster, we (Guzzisti) need all the support we can muster.

Heck, I might even go if my family gets over all the colds and flues and nonsense we've been suffering this winter.

I'm going. I sure hope there is a larger number attending than what the poll shows. I suspect there will be more people coming in at the last minute.

I'm going. I sure hope there is a larger number attending than what the poll shows. I suspect there will be more people coming in at the last minute.

Thanks guys. Voting costs nothing, and having a head count when I'm trying to plan for anywhere between 150-300+ people is critical.

I'm out of pocket thousands right now, and recouping some of these funds early, just means I can reinvest.

If everyone could do us all a HUGE favor and Register now, or make a donation if you cannot attend.

Since this a mid-week Rally, I would think for all those taking a week off of work, would have done so... and commited. Not seeing it. I hope a large handful will be attending. Planning wise, it's shaping up to be quite epic.

A (Guzzi only) Track day on Friday for those interested, including those who cannot attend the Rally. Ping me direct for any/all details.

Ride on.

I am going to really try to make it. I will be riding from Jacksonville fl, and will most likely be riding my Titanium. Too far for the Lemans i am afraid..... I did a cross country two summers ago to San Fran and back but didn't make it to S Cal, so should be interesting. I have a BMW frind from Half Moon Bay who will most likely meet me there. BMW's Ok?

A Guzzi Rally holds it's arms open to any motorcycle brand, yes we are open minded! :helmet:

Mike

I am going to really try to make it. I will be riding from Jacksonville fl, and will most likely be riding my Titanium. Too far for the Lemans i am afraid..... I did a cross country two summers ago to San Fran and back but didn't make it to S Cal, so should be interesting. I have a BMW frind from Half Moon Bay who will most likely meet me there. BMW's Ok?

Thanks Mike, will be great to see you again. I think it's been a few years already, no?

Mason, as with all Guzzi get-togethers... all are welcome. No prejudice like some other two-wheeled events. ;)

I'm happy to see some life on this thread from those here in the States. I know there's plenty of active posters, and many more lurkers I expect to see here at the National that live primarily on this webboard.

Hi Todd,

Yep, it's been over two years since I made it to any Guzzi Rallys. Amazing how time flys when your body is healing. I have ridden some since my get off and am pretty sure I will be at the 08 Nationals (still making plans).

Mike

Thanks Mike, will be great to see you again. I think it's been a few years already, no?

Mason, as with all Guzzi get-togethers... all are welcome. No prejudice like some other two-wheeled events. ;)

I'm happy to see some life on this thread from those here in the States. I know there's plenty of active posters, and many more lurkers I expect to see here at the National that live primarily on this webboard.

Mike, really glad to hear you're doing well. For you, go to the next thread now...

For rest:

The Friday track day (post Rally) is ON!

So before you say "Why do this?" Do it because, if for nothing else, to ride your Guzzi in a completely controlled environment with nothing to worry about (cars, polizia, etc.), along with other Guzzisti all under the close eye of several extremely well qualified instructors (drknow is being coy) --AND-- you'll learn TONS about your bike & yourself... just give it a try. We'll divide the day into group sessions, based on comfort of all riders, and there will be free instruction all day.

Trust me when I say it's a blast, and you'll have tons of bench racing stories to tell for years to come. Many of those who have done it in the last year or two say, "I can't believe I didn't try that years ago!" Just don't blame me when you get hooked, deal?

We've often have many Guzzi California/V11S/Griso folks, along with BMW GS/LTs, Gold Wings, and many other sport tourers in the past. Those who have done it here, speak up!

There will be minimal requirements to ride on the track, for both equipment & gear. Any displays of close racing will *NOT* be tolerated. It is intended to be a day of fun, and allow everyone to be happily on their way at the end of the day. New tire sales/install services will be available there most of the day.

Friday, June 27th, is booked at the "Streets of Willow" in Rosamond, CA for "Guzzi invite only" -- Cost is $95 for Rally attendees, $125 for non-attendees. I'll be at both. ;)

Our goal is to provide a low-cost day for Guzzi enthusiasts. If we manage to do more than recoup our costs, we'll even be donating to the MG Cup racing contingency fund and the Guzzi Rider Relief fund.

I hope a big handful of you choose to attend.

I'll post registration info/link the minute we have it together.

StreetLg.gif

Hook up my brothers, the time to register is now.... Lots of good stuff at the So Cal National, let Todd know how many are coming.... Planning for the right number will make this great.... Ed and Vern at the Rock Store have offered to open up the Rock Store during the week for us, just the rally folks at the Rock Store, epic,,,