I think I sold it.............

BrianG

Damn you guys!  I'm back, looking for the "bike I shouldn't have sold", just like you said.  Doh!

I have a line on a 2004 Lemans and a 2000 Sport.  Which way to go?

That is up to you. You either wish to have a fairing or you don't. :)

I am partial to the early red frame bikes. But that is more a matter of personal taste.

The differences between a Lemans and an early sport are pretty significant. As the Jester said, "either you wish to have a fairing or you don't". I prefer no fairing or a very small fairing from a riding perspective. I like the bugs in my teeth riding experience. But many want a fairing and feel they can't ride long distances or high speeds without one. That is up to the individual. I ride both long distances and high speeds, just not with a big fairing.

From an aesthetic point of view, the Lemans fairing looks great. So, that is a plus for the Lemans, if you want a fairing. 

Another good idea is to look at the page here that covers the differences between models.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

^^^^^ GuzziMoto pretty well covers my feelings, too. I liked the Mighty Scura so much when I had it in SoCal that I thought I'd get a Rosso or Nero for the midwest. After a long search, I found Rosie, and found that I actually preferred the minimalist fairing on the Scura. The Lemans fairing does a good job.. especially in rain compared to the Scura, but day in and day out I prefer the flyscreen.

That's why they make all kinds, of course. :):rasta: