This may seem naive but

why can't the US sell steroid free beef to the EU? :nerd:

Does US beef have to contain steroids? :food:

I dont know about wether we have to sell the eu beef at all. BUT if there is a market for steroid free beef I'm very sure that someone will provide the product for a probably much higher price. I've heard a lot of complaining about genetically engineered food, but this is the first that I've heard of steroids in the beef.

Here one of the mysteries of western econonics, A product where something is added, is cheaper, than one without.

Am I glad I don't eat animals.

Carrots with pesticide added

are cheaper than carrots grown with nothing added

:rolleyes:

Here in the US all organic (non-pesticide) grown food products are much more expensive!

sigh...

The point is, if this goes through, it will all but put dealers of Euro dirt bikes and scooters in this country out of business. Sales of bikes like KTM's off road line, Husqvarna, Aprilia's off road line, GasGas, all Euro scooters will dry up. Many dealers will be hurt. Some will not survive.

I was hoping fellow European motorcycle lovers would pipe up.

Guess I was mistaken.

DAN,

You are not alone in this sympathy for European machines. You Know that legislators vote to do what their contributor$ want. You know these people voting wouldn't know a motorcycle from a "Ferris Wheel", someone wants their (all) share of the biking industry.

Asians build technology and Europeans build character....

The true irony is that putting a tarriff on small bore european bikes while have little impact except to put US importers of said bikes out of business. It will do little else. If the goal of the tarriff is to get the EU's attention and maybe get them to allow US beef in the EU, Put a tarriff on something they will notice like cars. That would get the EU's attention fast. European car makers sell a much larger percentage of the total volume in the US then european bike makers, more so small bore bikes.

If the US really wants to man up and make a point, do it. Just don't B.S. around with half hearted attempts that will do little other then to hurt US importers (putting americans out of a job).

The euro bike dealers should be screaming bloody murder over this. Why haven't we seen any on-line petitions or form letters to send out to our representatives in congress?

They are.

That is what that link was about.

This is an excerpt if you didn't get through it:

The USTR is re-visiting what products should and should not have a tariff because apparently it is not having the desired effect of getting the EU to comply with the court order to allow USA beef to be imported to the EU.

As of today – Thursday December 4th 2008 they are open to receive comments regarding what products should have the default tariff of 100% applied, as of Monday December 8th at 5pm EST they will no longer be open to comments.

At the bottom of the page is a link to the site for public submissions: http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/comp...=USTR-2008-0036

After "Coffee" from the Husky site posted the notice I linked to, the public comments went from 4 pages to 24 pages in two days. Monday was the last day.