downshift sticky lever

nuevototem

Just my two cents worth. Here is a picture of an 02 side plate on the left, an 03 on the right. Many things were changed in 03. The 02 had lightening holes thru the gears and teethe didn't go all the way around the gear. The 03 was made heavier. Look at the locating pin on the plate on the left... notice it is a slotted eccentric adjustment on the 03. That adjustment was added around 03 and limits the shift forks movement as did the roll pin, but was made adjusable for some reason. On my gearbox that adjustment would cause my shifter to stick because it had no clearance for free movment ( it rubbed the fork ). I am sure a hundred differnt things are correct on your gearbox and should not be changed... only one or two things are the problem. If you do take off the side plate to check things out then take a look at that adjuster as well, If you have it. Good luck with your troubleshooting efforts, I hope this helps, Kale

Sideplates 2.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Kale cool side by side.I have an 02 but the wheels look like the 03's and it doesn't have the slotted locating pin. :huh:

Also Micha from Moto International has said that they have had luck by removing the locating pin all together on some poorly shifting bikes.He specifically stated this may not work for any particular bike.I'll be trying that plus replacing all springs when I get into it,maybe this week,.... :whistle:

Selector Wheels Indents.jpg