Where the fun starts

Scud

I taught a morning class in Orange County today - enjoyed a lovely moonset over the ocean while cruising the coast this morning. 

Couldn't bear the thought of riding home on the coast (too crowded) or taking the freeway (zzzz....). So I went over Ortega Highway, which I normally avoid on weekends. Today I was reminded why - there is a lot of racing and unsafe passing going on out there... or maybe I'm just getting old. Anyway, here's the fun part of Ortega (which is a blast when it's not crowded).

photo Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 5.13.52 PM.png

After that, I had access to miles and miles of narrow, lonely, secret stuff.  :ph34r:  :bike:

And here's a ray of sunshine for you winter-bound guys. Sorry - but it will be over soon.

photo IMG_2872.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sometimes the fun starts with a destination and a map. 

@Docc - I see a surfboard and a chest protector (among all sorts of other garage stuff).  Do you surf?  And I saw part of dirt bike in another picture recently. What's the story there?

Sometimes the fun starts with a destination and a map. 

@Docc - I see a surfboard and a chest protector (among all sorts of other garage stuff).  Do you surf?  And I saw part of dirt bike in another picture recently. What's the story there?

So many places for the Fun to Start! :grin:

• 1 month later...

Passed this sign today... thought I'd grab a photo.  Warning for 74 miles...  :!:  :D  :race:

IMG_3195.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well I'm never very good at remembering to take pics. Honestly the landscape here in my new homeland of Wisconnie isn't as dramatic as you guys in the mountains/canyons but hot damn is there some fun riding out here! Life is good for a spine frame out here.... Until winter that is.

Been kinda quiet around here lately hopefully you guys are all getting some good miles/ kilometers out there!

Dare we hope for some WI fall color photos in the next few months? That's as pretty as it gets.

I'm grumpy.... I had a brilliant ride planned to San Jose up the coast and then back home over Sherman Pass... but not to be (couldn't quite make the schedule work). Took Southwest Airlines instead, middle seat both ways.  :angry2:  :angry2:

Taking my daughter to Flagstaff, AZ next week for second year of college. Can't decide whether to take a dirt or street bike. As she says:  "That's a first-world problem, dad."

Nope sorry Docc only tiny bridges over streams. Hardly an interstate around...

My vote is street bike to your terrible "first world problem"... Poor guy.

You could do a photo essay: "The Bridges of Some County in Wisconsin." It could be about your four-day love affair with a voluptuous Italian motorcycle... poignant, riveting, compelling. I laughed... I cried... 

I've taken the Husky almost every visit to Flagstaff so far... cuz that's what trucks are for.  Maybe it's time to take the Scura... she's got new shoes.

Well I'm never very good at remembering to take pics. Honestly the landscape here in my new homeland of Wisconnie isn't as dramatic as you guys in the mountains/canyons but hot damn is there some fun riding out here! Life is good for a spine frame out here.... Until winter that is.

Been kinda quiet around here lately hopefully you guys are all getting some good miles/ kilometers out there!

Explain this new homeland. Did I miss something?

Ken

Yeah Scud it'd be "The Bridges of Madison in Dane County".... It almost works!

Hey Ken you've got a Florida transplant in cheesehead territory now. Living in temporary housing in Madison while we look for a house (probably in Madison). Where in WI are you?