driveshaft phasing video

Chuck

HMMMM . That's like a little crack in a windshield or being a little pregnant .  This driveshaft has to be perfect . Try it at the matched paint marks and see what you come up with . are you pulling the driveshaft to grease it ?

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

HMMMM . That's like a little crack in a windshield or being a little pregnant .  This driveshaft has to be perfect . Try it at the matched paint marks and see what you come up with . are you pulling the driveshaft to grease it ?

Yes pulling everything apart it seems. In lock down. I started pulling the front to replace discs, Have one bolt I need to apply heat to and my trade flame is out of gas. Then adjusted the valves and need new gaskets. Then pulled the rear wheel to replace the disc and lube/grease everything in there. Cannot get any supplies while in lock down so keep going with other jobs. So now pulling the swing arm and check shock pivots etc. Even thinking of replacing the clutch while I have everything apart. It has 64000kms on the clock and has a clutch "clatter" sitting their at idle. Its not the normal noise I hear on other V11's but it works fine. Maybe that's another search of the forum to determine what it could be.

1 hour ago, NicoNZ said:

Yes I am guessing you cannot tell if this is loose until you pull the gearbox?

Correct. This input hub drives the gearbox from the clutch.