Jump to content
rich888

TPS break out cable

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a part code for the TPS connector? I wanted to make a breakout Tee connector. There are a few types of automotive locking connectors about and I'm not sure how compatible they all are...

 

I believe they are Delphi (Now Aptiv) GT 150 series connectors. I think I have found the plug (male housing with female pins) but not sure about a female housing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 12:55 PM, Meinolf said:

Alas the $132 shipping to the UK kinda rules that out! LOL!

The connectors are cheap as chips. Mouser appears to have them. So will make one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rich888 said:

Alas the $132 shipping to the UK kinda rules that out! LOL!

The connectors are cheap as chips. Mouser appears to have them. So will make one up.

I have to look at mine again but I felt like one of the connectors was custom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

d5d2512eb1348f612fd9bdbd1d1537d1.jpgd1a1d233561a5ca6e901910acd1d54c2.jpgf0182711a24bf368f8e88fd4efb28cea.jpg

I thought the same thing, I could just make the harness but then I realized the one side didn’t exist. Maybe it’s available now. If you find it let us know.

I can check to see how much shipping would be for me and I might be able to ship it to you for slightly less than $120.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swooshdave said:

d5d2512eb1348f612fd9bdbd1d1537d1.jpgd1a1d233561a5ca6e901910acd1d54c2.jpgf0182711a24bf368f8e88fd4efb28cea.jpg

I thought the same thing, I could just make the harness but then I realized the one side didn’t exist. Maybe it’s available now. If you find it let us know.

I can check to see how much shipping would be for me and I might be able to ship it to you for slightly less than $120.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can probably 3d print the female housing if none is easily available.

Thanks for the pics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I can probably 3d print the female housing if none is easily available.
Thanks for the pics.


To be honest I’d just use the bare pins. You’ll only need this thing maybe once a year, more likely way less.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rich888 said:

I can probably 3d print the female housing if none is easily available.

I made a female housing using a TPS salvaged from a dead Fiat at a wreckers yard. I cut off most of the TPS, soldered on leads, some epoxy and heatshrink sleeve, and presto.

The male plug is cut off the Fiat engine loom to the TPS. 

It looks like hell,  but works well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owing a MG V10 Centauro, Ive made a TPS-harness myself, I used Superseal 3 pin male and Female, see link:

https://www.dkvolt.dk/produkt/superseal-stik-3-pin-er-et-vandtaet-stik-til-samling-af-ledninger/

Which fitted the OEM connectors 100 %.

See photos.Fil_000 2 - Kopi.jpg

 

Greetings from DK

Niels Knudsen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no desire to screw about making my own. Life is too short.

If someone in the US could order three of them from Capers for me and then stick 'em in a USPS box for me I'd be grateful. I can Paypal the funds.

 

thanks

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pete roper said:

I have no desire to screw about making my own. Life is too short.

If someone in the US could order three of them from Capers for me and then stick 'em in a USPS box for me I'd be grateful. I can Paypal the funds.

 

thanks

 

Pete

I'm with you Pete if someone could add me to your order I'd be greatfull and could help out with the shipping of course.

 

Ciao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...