Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Twin AH

V-11 Greenie fairing ect.

Recommended Posts

Good evening all.

Was wondering what the chances are of locating a V-11 greenie factory fairing with mounting hardware as well as possibly a Stuchi belly pan color matched as well.

I remember seeing a few machines in the past with such features.

Thx in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twin AH said:

Good evening all.

Was wondering what the chances are of locating a V-11 greenie factory fairing with mounting hardware as well as possibly a Stuchi belly pan color matched as well.

I remember seeing a few machines in the past with such features.

Thx in advance.

There was no factory fairing for the V11 Greenie that I'm aware of. Magni has one and the belly pan you can order from Ghezzi-Brian

http://www.magni.it/v11_fairing.htm

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a "factory" colour-matched fly-screen option with the original greenies (made by Stucci ??) but not available for many years now ... I sold the one that came with mine a few months ago to a fellow greenie owner in Toronto (as have the Magni fitted) ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gio said:

There was a "factory" colour-matched fly-screen option with the original greenies (made by Stucci ??) but not available for many years now ... I sold the one that came with mine a few months ago to a fellow greenie owner in Toronto (as have the Magni fitted) ...

Right, so, not factory fitted, but available as an accessory through the dealer network like the Tekno panniers and the "For Off Road Use Only" (probably Mistral) exhaust canisters.

Not but a couple years or so ago, another member obtained one directly from Stucchi Luigi, long with the improved mounting hardware, unpainted. I'll have to try and search that out (might be all in his Gallery/Album images).

Then there is the matter of getting the Legnano Green applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thx all for the insight.

I had purchased a Stucchi belly pan faring for the Tenni Griso I owned years ago from Curtis.

When I moved the machine along I was made a very generous offer from a gentleman back in the eastern U.S

I should have not sold than piece of unobtainium looking back now.

Any help on this adventure for finding the front fairing complete for the V-11Sport (early models) will be greatly appreciated.  :notworthy:

 

Ciao

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the Stucci “Fly Screen” in factory green paint, once offered as an accessory . They pop up for sale every now and then. I found mine N.O.S. from a local Guzzi mechanic. Not much of a fairing, but it does seem to help. Good luck! 

 

A3A8A957-E959-470F-8E26-F322BB641ED0.jpeg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Twin AH said:

Thx all for the insight.

I had purchased a Stucchi belly pan faring for the Tenni Griso I owned years ago from Curtis.

When I moved the machine along I was made a very generous offer from a gentleman back in the eastern U.S

I should have not sold than piece of unobtainium looking back now.

Any help on this adventure for finding the front fairing complete for the V-11Sport (early models) will be greatly appreciated.  :notworthy:

 

Ciao

Not unobtainium , still available.

Ciao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kane said:

Here is the Stucci “Fly Screen” in factory green paint, once offered as an accessory . They pop up for sale every now and then. I found mine N.O.S. from a local Guzzi mechanic. Not much of a fairing, but it does seem to help. Good luck! 

 

A3A8A957-E959-470F-8E26-F322BB641ED0.jpeg

This is where the wording is important. If it's labelled a "factory option" or Option then like docc that to me means it's an offering by the factory either fitted to the bike when ordered new or in a Guzzi option catalogue. Anything else is an accessory or an aftermarket accessory.  

Sometimes the semantics does lead you down the wrong path when searching for enhancements for old bikes and trying to work out if it was an OEM offering or aftermarket.

Ciao  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

This is where the wording is important. If it's labelled a "factory option" or Option then like docc that to me means it's an offering by the factory either fitted to the bike when ordered new or in a Guzzi option catalogue. Anything else is an accessory or an aftermarket accessory.  

Sometimes the semantics does lead you down the wrong path when searching for enhancements for old bikes and trying to work out if it was an OEM offering or aftermarket.

Ciao  

Agreed. Several little fairings, or fly screens, have been fitted to V11 over the years. Only the Stucchi was offered for the early Sports, 1999-2001, color matched as a cataloged accessory from Moto Guzzi. The fairing fitted to the 2001 Rosso Mandello was a different animal, factory fitted, and shown in the Parts Catalog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, docc said:

Agreed. Several little fairings, or fly screens, have been fitted to V11 over the years. Only the Stucchi was offered for the early Sports, 1999-2001, color matched as a cataloged accessory from Moto Guzzi. The fairing fitted to the 2001 Rosso Mandello was a different animal, factory fitted, and shown in the Parts Catalog.

Oh Ok docc didn't realise the Stucchi was a factory cataloged option.

Ciao

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, here is the Album posted by @LeMaynes showing his experience obtaining the unpainted Stucchi for his silver Sport:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - the Stucchi flyscreen (as per Kane's pic) was offered together with Tekno bags AND a very nice (Italian) leather jacket when I purchased my greenie new from the dealer in 2001 (2000 MY) - I still have the promotional flyer in a file as part of the documented history ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS ... (and +1 re Phil's clarification) here is a pic of the "dealer package" jacket (that came with flyscreen and teknos) ... like the bike - some patina, but still in great shape after almost 20 years and just under 100k(ms) ... only available in choice of yellow or red at the time (no green!) ... so I chose red and received yellow - which was probably a better choice anyway.

As far as colour-matching goes - my understanding is that these early flyscreens used the same production line paint as other body parts - so perhaps Stucchi made some of those for MG also ..?

All good history ... although still searching for a good second home for the bike ...

DSC04308.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not know about the jackets, or would had to have had one!  The only promo materials I saw for the accessories were photocopies of the products my dealer had at the time (2000).  Part of the reason I bought every available accessory was dedication to the brand and a devotion to the Sport itself, but also to support my dealer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK thats some very interesting stuff.

That being said would really appreciate it if any of you could PM me if you hear of a screen complete with hardware that should come available.

Thx in advance   Ciao

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...