Spark plug wires

richard100t

Here is another option.

http://www.tpoparts.com/catalog/product_in...?products_id=46

TPO Dragons, made from MSD magnetic suppression wires.

I think they are 8.5mm of engineering overkill.

Thanks for posting the question. You made me get off my butt and find where I had seen these, and order them.

Someone else used to sell the MSD on eBay custom fit for our bike but I could not find them...or maybe it was the same company :huh2:

• 13 years later...

My red plug wires are looking pretty ratty. Made worse when I sprayed the bike with SuperClean.  Mistake. Well, all the engine finning looks great, but all the hard plastic and the plug wires got white splotches. :blush:

So, does anyone have some wires where they can be measured? Is one meter long enough?

I was considering this NGK product hoping the shade of red is compatible:

https://www.ebay.com/p/7mm-Red-Silicone-Spark-Plug-Wire-NGK-Racing-Cable-1-Meter-for-ATV-Motorcycle/1362962591?iid=252329743437&chn=ps

s-l1600.jpg

My red plug wires are looking pretty ratty. Made worse when I sprayed the bike with SuperClean.  Mistake. Well, all the engine finning looks great, but all the hard plastic and the plug wires got white splotches. :blush:

So, does anyone have some wires where they can be measured? Is one meter long enough?

I was considering this NGK product hoping the shade of red is compatible:

The old plug lead I keep as a spare in the monkey paw trap measures 670mm long, but I don't know if it was left or right. The leads will be different lengths left to right due to cylinder offset. Two 1m lengths will do the job. 

The plug caps screw on to one end, but you will need the crimp terminals for the coil end.

BTW, the white writing on the leads will wipe off with isopropyl alcohol (actually several wipes). Have you tried that for your white splotches?

The NGK leads I bought came with red sleeving as well, which is good to put where the leads chafe on the frame and throttle bodies. Heat shielding is not necessary with silicone insulation, but abrasion protection is.

• Like 1

Thanks, Marty! :thumbsup:

I still may fit new plug wires on my next Tank Off Maintenance, but the isopropyl alcohol did clean up the splotches, then I polished the original red wires with AutoGlym polish. Worked a charm! Polished plug wires! :mg:

s-l1600.jpg

Polished plug wires!

Uhhh, Docc.. you may have a problem.. :whistle:

This is no secret! :blink:

Original plug wires Docc?

Yep. Plug cap resistors have been changed out as well as the connection to the right coil. Resistance checked on the wires a few years back.  How many years? Hmmmm . . . . :oldgit:  A "few!"