Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

There is NO WAY I am taking my baby out in this sh*t we have a foot of snow its below freezing and they use some kind of Mutant hybrid salt that'll eat the track off a cat. They don't care about the cars just the cars not sliding. It'll be spring b4 she see's the light again. But I can't wait either.  :blush:

68745[/snapback]

Sounds like my neck of the woods :unsure:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still mostly commuting on the bike here in Seattle, though I am using an electric vest.  Best piece of riding gear EVER :race:  My vest uses 33 watts..not sure what the heated grips use.  I find that with the vest on my hands really don't get cold unless they get wet.

Randy

68776[/snapback]

Grips are usually around 30w too.

I just got caught short this yr. Maybe by spring ..vest and gloves. (Santa? You listenin'?)

I just ride too much to get anything done. Soon I'll be snowed in...then

play with the elecs. Take care of that intermitent charging light (ground maintnance)

Head light reroute...grips. Vest maybe.

Next year paint. The Champagne is nice but I see nicer.

I like the simple black v11s I see pics of,, . with the red Guzzi roundel on the tank.

I'd also go with the "LeMans" script on the tail too.

Guest AdamofKC

Here in KC it has been around from as low as 20 to as high as 61(today). I'm glad I got to ride even just a bit.

But I'm not stopping until I see snow sticking to the ground and causes all the big Stupidly Useless Vehicles to start sliding around. Then I'll start my 93hp, front-wheel drive, literally one-ton sedan around for my winter commutes. :D

Grips are usually around 30w too.

I just got caught short this yr. Maybe by spring ..vest and gloves. (Santa? You listenin'?)

I just ride too much to get anything done. Soon I'll be snowed in...then

play with the elecs. Take care of that intermitent charging light (ground maintnance)

Head light reroute...grips. Vest maybe. 

Next year paint. The Champagne is nice but I see nicer.

I like the simple black v11s I see pics of,, . with the red Guzzi roundel on the tank.

I'd also go with the "LeMans" script on the tail too.

68784[/snapback]

I suffer from permanently cold hands, and during the winter, freezing white hands. With the Guzzi and the other non heated grip bikes, I have FINALLY found a glove that works VERY well. I hate to say it, they are from BMW. They are called BMW Winter. They keep my hands warm, and dry, no shit.

Ciao, Steve G.

Here in KC it has been around from as low as 20 to as high as 61(today).  I'm glad I got to ride even just a bit.

But I'm not stopping until I see snow sticking to the ground and causes all the big Stupidly Useless Vehicles to start sliding around.  Then I'll start my 93hp, front-wheel drive, literally one-ton sedan around for my winter commutes. :D

68786[/snapback]

Hey Adam? you ever heard of or were in DeMolay? Not that I expect everyone from KC to know but it is thier international headquaters. I've heard it was big in germany and brazil too. :huh2:

Snowed here on Friday,dead slippy,couldn't get any power down at all. I tried to pull away from the house with both feet down like outriggers,got to the bend at the end of the road and gently pirouetted round twice like Mad Max meets Torvil and Dean.Didn't drop it or go down,luckily,but couldn't go anywhere either.

I eventually managed to slither back to the house, but couldn't stop and skated past at a majestic 3mph, arms and legs locked,eyeballs bulging, did a 10 point turn and got her back in the driveway, blowing like a piper.

Thought I'd got away with it,but when I went in the house, herself and the kids are buckled. Better than the telly,apparently.

Took the van to work.

Riding? No way, Jose......

glatfoereuheld.jpg

I was out riding Saturday on a Honda CB 250 and I almost lost my bits (0-1 degrees Celcius). Snow hasn' t really set in yet, but it's jaw clapping cold and windy.

Till Spring.. :race:

Søren

Its chucking it down with snow here  :angry:

68841[/snapback]

Was just sleety this morning but is starting to stick. Might get sent home early as everything is bound to come to a standstill in the next few hours. Time to head for the cycleways to avoid the ballet dancing hippos.

mike