Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

Low 20s F  out there right now......

Low 30s tomorrow....good day for chores.

Mid 40s Sunday.....Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!

68703[/snapback]

The area looks very nice in the winter landscape. :thumbsup: Springtime must be just as spectacular.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The area looks very nice in the winter landscape.  :thumbsup:  Springtime must be just as spectacular.

70417[/snapback]

Yea, we have some "bella vias" up here. VT. being the #1 one day R/T with

plenty of "Oh My God" vistas and twistys. Cross the river and your in N. NY

which is " Ya Mon!" Cross another and your in Canada. All with low tax base.

( No money for xtra cruisers....unlike around here)

BUT....look where you are! Best roads on the east coast are as close to you.

How long does it take you to get to Deals Gap? (About a day less than me I guess)

Been down there a few times. I like to be down on the river more than up on the Mt.

or trying to play on the Dragon. Need a 250 for that. I like to stop in the little towns

and sample the local culture.

We have a first ride (camp out) of the year, wing ding in VT. in early May

"Frosty Nutz Rally" if your up for it. By March I'm usually walking around with

a glazed expression mumbling "Frosty Nutz Frosty Nutz Frosty Nutz."

I get a good bit of riding in before then but it's that 3 day...wake up in the morning

with nothin' to do but ride and the absence of "She Who Must Be Obeyed" thing.

I'm expecting to get 100mi at least this Sunday...rain Fri...Sunny 40s Sat/Sun.

Sonds like you got a good reference on your cross over parts. I wonder if there's

a cross over set up I can retro to my 02...then again I wouldn't bother. It's

running spot on and it's plenty fast for me. Only A radar detector would make me

faster.

Yea, we have some "bella vias" up here. VT... BUT....look where you are! Best roads on the east coast are as close to you...We have a first ride (camp out) of the year, wing ding in VT.  in early May...

70481[/snapback]

Rumple, er um Veck, yes there are very nice trips in my area. In a 5-6 hour day circuit you can cover MD into PA, WVa, VA and DE and back - mountains, rivers and beaches - I'd be glad to give the May rally in VT a try. How early in May is it?

Martin gave me a vgood thread on the shims - pictures, mechanical drawings, and thermodynamic calulations - I emailed Tutle to get his autocad drawings, just to put the icing on the cake.

How is that '02? I had one, champagne, for all of 78 miles. I got a lead on another, its a red/silver LM new, w/zero miles. I am very tempted to buy it and try out the tuning suggestions that folks have. Compare the mods to my 03 mods and share back what I learned.

58mi......Not great but better than nuttin'....better than moth ballin'

Bank thermometers 43./..37..Got 30 mi before I got a little slideways on the dark matter. sooo..

Jumped on the slab to get back south to Mystic. Great to cruise @ 80...good for the bike too.

Rt. 1 was like April...clear and dry....panoramic vistas of the ocean.

If I had stuck to my plan and stayed on the coast I could have done 200mi but it's pretty congested.

Road conditions not temp was what ultimately drove me home.

Rumple, er um Veck, yes there are very nice trips in my area. In a 5-6 hour day circuit you can cover MD into PA, WVa, VA and DE and back - mountains, rivers and beaches - I'd be glad to give the May rally in VT a try. How early in May is it?

Martin gave me a vgood thread on the shims - pictures, mechanical drawings, and thermodynamic calulations - I emailed Tutle to get his autocad drawings, just to put the icing on the cake.

How is that '02?  I had one, champagne,  for all of 78 miles.  I got a lead on another, its a red/silver LM new, w/zero miles.  I am very tempted to buy it and try out the tuning suggestions that folks have.  Compare the mods to my 03 mods and share back what I learned.

70540[/snapback]

The 02 turns out to be great. I had misgivings about it for a while. My infatuation with

Guzzi was always it's simplicity and reliability. I had a bit of buyers remorse combined with all the complaints on this forum. I was also getting off of a very simple, truly

wonderful work of MC art Ducati...which has now languished for many mo.s because

I just love the LeMans and though I've walked out to the garage more than a couple of times intending to "excercise" the Duc I always take the Goose.

I'm intimidated by FI and it had a (the) stumble (hiccup) @ 3,800

Having read all the info here on tunning...including people taking them to the shop and still not getting satisfactory reults I had intended to get togeather with my pals that are dam good at adj. thier Beemer FI. Before I got to do that I got frustrated enough to reach down and balance the carbs by ear while under way.

BINGO...perfection...smooth as a CBR...over 12,000mi of happy motoring.

This changed my whole take on the bike...this was a Guzzi.

Now all the glitches I see are bad grounds or bad relays...kickstand switches etc.

This is Guzzi...sipmle...and if ever I do need to set the TPS et al I'll be un intimidated.

It's my favorite MC ever and I've owned and loved a mess of them. :mg:

I went out Xmas shopping on my bike today- and it was bloody cold- about 2 degrees C.

Still, I could park where I liked in the centre of town for free and did not have to queue for car parks like all the cars. I just about managed to fit all the pressies in my panniers.

Roads completely dry for once.

Guy :helmet:

The 02 turns out to be great. I had misgivings about it for a while. My infatuation with Guzzi was always it's simplicity and reliability. I had a bit of buyers remorse combined with all the complaints on this forum. I was also getting off of a very simple, truly wonderful work of MC art Ducati...which has now languished for many mo.s because I just love the LeMans...

It's my favorite MC ever and I've owned and loved a mess of them.  :mg:

70895[/snapback]

Thanks for the feedback on the '02. :D No real show stoppers in what you said for making a purchase. Lots of help in the forum, too :!:

Just read about your latest ride... very nice. The weather here is wacky - "wintery mix" earlier in the week with schools closed or having early dismissal, then its 48F. Today is nice, but lots of sand on the road- saw a coupe scooter guys and bicyclists take a fall.

:mg: Greetings fellow frozen Northerners!!

like alot of you l want to ride when time/work permits, and the the Weather Gods are behaving. However l 've found that the road crews are now using a mix of salt and gravel on the secondary roads, and a liquid sodium cloride solution on the main roads........so, untill it improves,my baby stays warm, dry and safe inside, sigh. lf l do get a chance to get out, l'll take some pics, it can be kinda nice 'round these parts even during the winter.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Woohoo! The temps rose to 46 degrees today so I went for a ride around town. I had to take to rear tire to the gas station for air first but it was worth it. Now my bikes filthy with salt/road grime. I wish I could just put it in my shower & really clean it well :D This is the first time I've had it out of the garage in a month. Oh well spring is only 12 weeks away :glare:

Woohoo! The temps rose to 46 degrees today so I went for a ride around town. I had to take to rear tire to the gas station for air first but it was worth it. Now my bikes filthy with salt/road grime. I wish I could just put it in my shower & really clean it well  :D This is the first time I've had it out of the garage in a month. Oh well spring is only 12 weeks away :glare:

71754[/snapback]

Lucky dog! It got into the 50's today, but the bike remains in the garage... I am still waiting for parts.

Yesterday.  Yeah, yeah, I'm not on my Guzzi.  But then- I woudn't do this to my Guzzi.

klr.jpg

71760[/snapback]

THATS NOTHIN I had an Artic cat 454 4 wheeler SOOOOO stuck we tried to dig it out but that would have meant digging for a long long ways that we covered it and waited for the snow to melt. Yeah that took awhile. I think I got it stuck in January :lol::lol::lol:

My motocross needed new tires I couldn't go far on that thing too squirly. Just screw studs into your tires and off you go

stud-7a.jpg

Wow...I've done alot of ice racing but never saw a Gxer on the ice.

Not the best flat track frame. yeooow. I guess you have some big lakes out there.

I always wanted to see a 500mi road race down a river in Norway or something.

Anyone want to sponsor it w/ me? Here in the US it would have to be raced with

"choppers" to get any TV coverage. (bizzzzare)

Meawhile a Christmas Miricle....

"What to my wondering eye's should appear but

48 degrees and the roads are all clear."

Managed to get 78 very plesant miles on, constrained only by familly

obligations. Oh well...Not everybody worships motorcycling. :xmas:

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Guzzi night. (yea...I stole it)