Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

Very dramatic Frankie. Don't you have to make sure you're always on the sunny side of the street, and back before the temperture starts to drop. There's a bit of melt water coming off there I'd hate to meet that when it starts to freeze.

Here it's just grey and slushy :(

Might clear enough to take her to work tomorrow

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH so the snow was almost gone and all the Ice started to melt the last week has just been great now today....Driveway took over an hour and I have a snow thrower(its electric) The snow is soo heavy if it was fluffy it'd be well over a foot or more deep. Damn you winter DAMN you. *shakes fist aimlessly*

IMG_0553.jpg

Yesterday we recieved a weather warning of 80% chance of snow for today from the met office. We sprang in to "Operation Headless Chicken" trying to ensue we knew which staff who would come in early and where the usable 4x4s were. etc

This morning the snow was about 1" FFS. Took it easy popping out to get a new battery for the car. Cranking power had deminished. But by the time I was going to work the rain started and was washing it away. Had I left 15 minutes later I could have safely taken the bike. If it stays like this I'll be on it for tomorrow, though working 1700-0300 so will have to watch the overnight temperature.

Went out today for a short trip (about 50 miles) and back to Keighley to visit a friend and it was bloody cold. Even though the weather forecaster predicted sunshine it rained on the way home.

For some reason every car driver today had psychopathic tendancies and there were idiots pulling out of junctions without looking, driving up each others arse and generally behaving like they were drunk- maybe they were! Roads were freezing cold and slippery too so I did not want to have to slam on the anchors too hard.

I just chugged along and tried my best to avoid these idiots but still enjoyed the ride.

Guy :helmet:

Went for a 60 mile ride, our annual New Years day ride, about 18 of us, under grey but dry skies, 50 deg F, not too bad at all. Went to the sea, to watch 500 nut cases go for the new years "polar bear" swim at White Rock, a local seaside town. Then went to a very notable local bike collector for an open house, where he showed us the many bikes of his which are going to be available for sale, perhaps 18, since his bikes at the Guggenheim will be returning soon, and no room left.

A good day, no problems, much coffee.

Ciao, Steve G.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been living vicariously through these Winter Riding postings since my bike has been on the blocks. Well, finally, I am back on the road. Thanks to MPH, I got some cross-over shims for the '03 LM ( Still looking to buy two sets of the stainless steel shims :thumbsup: ) and FBF for finishing the work on my new '04 LM. I picked it up in Phily on Saturday and took the long way home, 240 miles. It was a beautiful sunny day and very clear night, 55F start and 41F finish. It was a wonder the finish temperature wasn't lower that it was. It was a very smooth ride, really pointing out what a skilled map maker can do for a bike. Great fun, given I was keeping within the break-in rpms!

I got some wonderful ideas from the forum for tuning, thank you. :bier: I'll post the '04s specs in the Tuning Basics in the Technical topic, as soon as I scan its Dyno graphs. I am still working on configuring the '03, but one thing is for sure, I will have a map made for it. I like being hands-on :luigi: , but I never could have got it as smooth as the '04s performance.

What winter??!!!

Wow...I must be over 500 January miles!

I'm happy to get 10-20mi once in a while in the winter.

I put on 187 yesterday in glorious 55deg sunshine. complete with

a few good doses of kick stand scraping and a bit of 120mph

leg stretcing. I'll never get over how shure footed and CALM the

LeMans is at 100+. I think it likes it.

• 2 weeks later...

It was sunny and dry today- only 6 degrees but bearable.

I went for a 150 mile round trip to Devils Bridge at Kirkby Lonsdale, and had some fun because the roads were pretty empty.

Were around 20 bikes there- Spring is nearly here!!!!

Just got back from a nice 120 mile ride over Holme Moss, Snake Pass, Ladybower Reservoir then back along the back roads to Huddersfield.

Sunny but extremely cold wind, and still freezing on the tops- several large patches of thick ice in the shade underr tree cover.

Guzzi is caked in salt but I loved every minute- making the most of my time cos I have to return to work soon!