''american imports''

g.forrest

, I don't like France and sometimes I

Oh how , I do like France Thank God they stood up and said U.S . to mind their own bussines when they keep on putting their hands on territories they don't belong such as try putting Turkey in E.U.

I agree that this is a bike forum but since some like to take it further here it is....

And Y'know something else?, this world saviour role is something the whole world is fed up with , it ain't truth.The wolrd knows who's the big dictator of nowdays in this planet.

And another truth is, that Euro has beaten the s**t out of the dollar as currency and some guys in a big island over the atlantic are upset and try to break the unity of Europe union.

And that' a short paragraph , sorry to some ,but you had it comming. ;)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the US saved the world in ww11

76418[/snapback]

Not to criticize the US WWII contribution, but the 27 million Russian soldiers who died fighting the Nazis get the top spot as "world saviours". There was no larger allied sacrifice than that.

Not to criticize the US WWII contribution, but the 27 million Russian soldiers who died fighting the Nazis get the top spot as "world saviours".  There was no larger allied sacrifice than that.

In addition to that , mention also that the Russians dissabled-destroyed in combat more than 100 German divisions(in real combat , not chickens***t bombarding). And if that didn't happen and Htler got in hold of the oil resourses in Russia then you could forget the world (as is now), cause the Nazis were far ahead in technology by that time by anyone,they only lacked resourses.

P.S. The 27 mill you talk is on both wars I &II and includes all Rus. casualties. (estimated always, I hae heared other numbers close to these as well)

We sat out as long as we could, it wasn't our fight.

and you still bitch about it to this day.

Then we wrote the checks, and sent the raw materials,

along with the planes and ships. And more than a few men. And you still bitch to this day.

rs4_kansi_net.jpg

Afterwards, we kept the Russians out of Western Europe, at great expense.

You still bitch.

When was the last time in recent history mainland Europe went 60 years without major warfare?

You're welcome.

Seems you have this Iran situation well in hand.

This should go well.

Ingrates.

abmc_ardenes_med.jpg

Sorry to disagree but you will find Russia lost 200 million, Soilders and civilians in both WW's. You will also find that most of the Nazi scientist's moved to the ole US and formed NASA, not to mention chemical warfare division, jet propulsion etc etc etc

Well we in Britain may have starved to death without the support of the convoys from the USA, and many American sailors were killed by the Germans before the US joined in the war. I am sure most Brits are grateful for the support and that is why we will always be allies, although that does not mean we will agree with all aspects of US foreign policy.

As to who's fight it was- well Hitler was 1000 times a bigger threat to the world than Saddam Hussein, and was responsible for millions of deaths in the concentration camps as well as the millions of deaths arising from the war he started.

What civilised nation could just let Hitler carry on? If any war was worth fighting, it was that one. Many Americans volunteered to serve with the British forces before the USA joined the war because they thought it to be a cause worth fighting for.

It was a very long time ago and we should look to the future rather than the past.

Guy :helmet:

A significant amount of WW2 was fought in Europe.

We don't talk about it much, here.

But since you brought the subject up, I live within an hour's ride of a sizeable town which is, today, a ruined monument to the barbarity of mankind. Everyone in it bar four people died on one day in 1944. Of the survivors one [boy] lived in a rabbit hutch with serious burns and broken knees for 2 days, and one [young woman] jumped, having been machine-gunned through the legs, out of the burning church belfry with her baby. She survived; her child did not.

My neighbour's father, a village schoolteacher, was killed with 50 other resistance fighters carrying shotguns and hunting rifles by several companies of soldiers with armoured vehicles, grenades, rocket-launchers and automatic weapons, because they would not give in. They would not give in because of the inhumanity of the death they knew awaited them if they did.

As I said, we don't talk about it much.

Now can we drop this, please? it's a Moto Guzzi V11 forum.

FRENCHbob

biggest reason I don't like france, well 2 reasons, 1) politically, socially, the most racist country in the western world, and 2) I hear they smell funny.   :huh2:

76639[/snapback]

I think you just crossed yourself off Zebulon's Christmas card list!!!!

biggest reason I don't like france, well 2 reasons, 1) politically, socially, the most racist country in the western world, and 2) I hear they smell funny.  :huh2:

76639[/snapback]

Ben,

I shall show a print of your post to my good friend in the Harley club of Limoges, whose surname is Azuk, when I next meet him for a creme or a beer. He'll be bemused, if not amused by your response. He's quite familiar with the history of the Americas.

amities.........

biggest reason I don't like france, well 2 reasons, 1) politically, socially, the most racist country in the western world, and 2) I hear they smell funny.  :huh2:

76639[/snapback]

A bit choice coming from a country that did not allow non whites the vote until VERY recent history. The problem with America is you have never had a major war in your Country. Everyone here in Europe have friends and family that suffered directly as said earlier we don't talk about it. Over hundreds of years of war we have learnt to live in PEACE and find diplomacy the best way forward for us and our children. We all learnt the foolishness of imperialism many years ago. As they say in Scotland 'Ye canny teach yer Granny to sook eggs!'

we have learnt to live in PEACE

76648[/snapback]

Now that is what I love about European Guzzi rallies- normally a mixture of Brits / Dutch / Germans / Belgians/ Irish and French, with maybe the odd visitor from Scandanavia, Italy or Poland depending upon where the rally is.

Ok, we may take the gentle mickey out of the Germans mulletts and their love of David Hasselhoff, but everyone gets on great and are united by their love of Moto Guzzis.

No racism, bad feelings or political agendas- just friends sharing beers and having a good time together.

That's how it should be.

Over hundreds of years of war we have learnt to live in PEACE 

76648[/snapback]

I call bullshit on that one. 10285838-M.gif That is the funniest thing I've read all day !!!

If the USA hadn't come to, and stayed in, Europe 60-years ago, you'd still be going at it... rolleyes1.gif

I would think the American Civil war would count as a major war, being probably the first major industrialised war.

One of my lasting memories is of a trip made as a 16 year old air cadet to the Inner German border. FDR had a concrete post. The DDR clear ground for 1KM, ploughed strips with mines, Fences, Dogs on Running wires and Guard Towers. I'm glad that these are no longer in place.

Give the chance it would seem that people will always use sectarian differences and commit atrocities on each other. Be the basis be religious, ethnic or ideological. (Balkans, Rwanda, Cambodia - spring to mind)

Slowly the world is becoming more civilised. At least in modern democracies there is some restraint on our leaders and hopefully we can prevent the true despots from taking control. No more Hitlers and Stalins.

When I signed up for the RAF. I believed that any military action I found myself in would be for the right reasons. I still believe that to be true today, though some of the justifications may have become blurred.

All nations will primarily act in their own interest.

Being English historically "we love to hate the French" but I would see it as siblings. Each has its own opinions and character and we squabble . But you don't allow the other to be picked on and stand together when one is threatened.

Thats enough of that, no more nastyness, there's still too much of it outside our front doors.