High Value Guzzi Oil Filter

Guest ratchethack

I like reading Ratchethack's posts. I very much enjoy being invited to the lofty area of where he resides, where one can look down at those who don't understand, the air is so much clearer and sweater up here.

Laughter is so soothing to the soul. It is just good. :D

Ciao, Steve

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAARRRGGGHHH! F@CK OFF!!!! This is stupid! I hate it. There are lots of inferior filters, as there are a wealth of other crappo inferior products in the world. The thing is that what you want is something that will strain the shit out of your oil reasonably effectively. The only reason I've queried the search for aftermarket filters is that generally, or at least as well as anything else, the factory recommended one, (NO it isn't made in Mandello FWIW????) does the job and is quite cheap. I can't see any f@cking point in searching for an alternative, that's all!

Not only is there very little stuff knocked off the inside of a Guzzi donk that is capable of being picked up by a filter but if there IS stuff getting knocked off then there is a serious problem that changing your filter isn't going to fix!

Yes, if you fit a really crappy one then it may cause problems by shedding bits of itself which can cause damage but honestly! Bollocks to oil filters! Every model of this motor prior to the late 850T's ran with no filter and you can run thses horrid old nails up to 250,000km without taking the crank out to dig the sall sh!t that would get through a filter anyway out of the sludge trap. Modern oils have a much higher detergent factor which will keep the crap in suspension so it gets drained out anyway as long as the oil is of a good quality and changed regularly!

@#!#$#, @#!#$#, @#!#$#!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH! F@CK OFF!!!! This is stupid! I hate it. There are lots of inferior filters, as there are a wealth of other crappo inferior products in the world. The thing is that what you want is something that will strain the shit out of your oil reasonably effectively. The only reason I've queried the search for aftermarket filters is that generally, or at least as well as anything else, the factory recommended one, (NO it isn't made in Mandello FWIW????) does the job and is quite cheap. I can't see any f@cking point in searching for an alternative, that's all!

Not only is there very little stuff knocked off the inside of a Guzzi donk that is capable of being picked up by a filter but if there IS stuff getting knocked off then there is a serious problem that changing your filter isn't going to fix!

Yes, if you fit a really crappy one then it may cause problems by shedding bits of itself which can cause damage but honestly! Bollocks to oil filters! Every model of this motor prior to the late 850T's ran with no filter and you can run thses horrid old nails up to 250,000km without taking the crank out to dig the sall sh!t that would get through a filter anyway out of the sludge trap. Modern oils have a much higher detergent factor which will keep the crap in suspension so it gets drained out anyway as long as the oil is of a good quality and changed regularly!

@#!#$#, @#!#$#, @#!#$#!!!!!!!

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some Frams for sale...cheap :lol:

For me it is a no brainer.

Walmart, five or ten miles away, $4-$5 vs. Guzzi Dealer, thirty miles away, $13.98 for a UNI filter. Or I'll go to NAPA, four miles away and they are not bad, but a higher price than the Walmart.

My only experience with UFI filters is their crappy cartridge filters that have been in warehouses for years aging the paper, rusting away with the glued on O-gaskets that fall off.

Maybe the screw on are better :huh2:

I like reading Ratchethack's posts. I very much enjoy being invited to the lofty area of where he resides, where one can look down at those who don't understand, the air is so much clearer and sweater up here.

Ciao, Steve

I like my air sweet, not sweaty :lol:

Guest ratchethack

Ciao, Steve

Clear enough, Steve -- but why the need f'er a sweater? :huh2::whistle::sun: I agree with you. Laughter is good -- if it weren't for the humor, I wouldn't hang out here. Always good to know that others find value in adding to their knowledge with reliable, relevant information on the ol' Technical Forum. Just imagining why some seem to be personally offended and/or threatened by some of my posts (and those of others for that matter) is a great education f'er me, and far more'n half the fun. :lol:;)

Just 'cause you got such a great sense o' humor, for you only -- if you act fast, and today only -- I offer a whopping 50% discount on my VALUE ADDED oil filters. BTW - they test out every bit as splendidly as the non-value-added ST3614's. :thumbsup:

Don't forget -- PayPal transactions accepted. :grin:

Guest ratchethack

AAAARRRGGGHHH! F@CK OFF!!!! This is stupid! I hate it.

Take it easy, Pete! It's at least a little bit fun -- Steve and I are gettin' a real charge outta it. :lol:

Clear enough, Steve -- but why the need f'er a sweater? :huh2::whistle::sun: I agree with you. Laughter is good -- if it weren't for the humor, I wouldn't hang out here. Always good to know that others find value in adding to their knowledge with reliable, relevant information on the ol' Technical Forum. Just imagining why some seem to be personally offended and/or threatened by some of my posts (and those of others for that matter) is a great education f'er me, and far more'n half the fun. :lol:;)

Just 'cause you got such a great sense o' humor, for you only -- if you act fast, and today only -- I have a whopping 50% discount on my VALUE ADDED oil filters. BTW - they test out every bit as splendidly as the non-value-added ST3614's. :thumbsup:

Don't forget -- PayPal transactions accepted. :grin:

Sorry about the spelling Ratchet.

While I very often find myself laughing out loud [Golly, sorry Ratchet, I meant LOL], after reading your entries, I'm not going to offer the percentage of times I'm laughing at you rather than laughing with you.

As to the seed that started this thread growing, your initial entry had me shaking my head, and saying outloud, @#!#$# he must have alot of time to kill, or as you would say, FHMHAOTTK !!!

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest ratchethack

While I very often find myself laughing out loud [Golly, sorry Ratchet, I meant LOL], after reading your entries, I'm not going to offer the percentage of times I'm laughing at you rather than laughing with you.

Well golly y'erself, Steve! In case you missed it in my reply, I'm more'n pleased that you provide me every bit as much of an education on amusing behavior as I seem to provide just plain ol' amusement f'er you. I reckon I might be gettin' the best o' the bargain, but shucks, who's countin'? ....... Oh, you are. Of course, I beg y'er pardon. Hmmmm...... D'you think it's a fair enough trade? :huh2:

You seem to be the calculating sort. Possibly you imagine there's a bit o' brinksmanship afoot? How 'bout this: Lemme know when you've got y'er percentages worked out. Then we'll compare 'em, and we'll see who comes out on top. ^_^

Gosh! - You can laugh out loud, and I can laugh and get an education at the same time. :sun:

Golly! (Part II) - Doesn't that sound like fun? :lol::whistle:

Gosh! (Part II) - Ain't Forum topics like this grand? :grin:;)

Well golly y'erself, Steve! In case you missed it in my reply, I'm more'n pleased that you provide me every bit as much of an education on amusing behavior as I seem to provide just plain ol' amusement f'er you. I reckon I might be gettin' the best o' the bargain, but shucks, who's countin'? ....... Oh, you are. Of course, I beg y'er pardon. Hmmmm...... D'you think it's a fair enough trade? :huh2:

You seem to be the calculating sort. Possibly you imagine there's a bit o' brinksmanship afoot? How 'bout this: Lemme know when you've got y'er percentages worked out. Then we'll compare 'em, and we'll see who comes out on top. ^_^

Gosh! - You can laugh out loud, and I can laugh and get an education at the same time. :sun:

Golly! (Part II) - Doesn't that sound like fun? :lol::whistle:

Gosh! (Part II) - Ain't Forum topics like this grand? :grin:;)

:P Golly I love pressing buttons. And I laugh even more [lol] when those buttons react!!! IMHO, I love it.

Ciao, Steve

Guest ratchethack

:P Golly I love pressing buttons. And I laugh even more [lol] when those buttons react!!! IMHO, I love it.

Ciao, Steve

Well Gosh, Golly, and Gee Whiz, Steve! We're havin' some fun now, ain't we?! ;):whistle:

Guest ratchethack

The local Wally world had a sale on filters. I just bought 50 of them. :grin: Guess you guys know what you're getting for Christmas now!

Hey Gary -- Are you tryin' to run me out o' business??!!

UFI filters-- You can get better, but you won't pay more!

Hey! Unless I miss my assumption, my VALUE ADDED ST3614's (sticker removed!) would be the PRICE LEADER at $100 USD/unit. Get y'er orders in NOW before the Christmas rush.

My Pal only paid $18 USD for his last UFI filter from the local Guzzi dealer. He obviously didn't quite get wot he coulda paid for with one o' mine. Ah, y'can lead a horse to water. . . . . :grin:;):whistle: