hey you guys with air PODs and ECU's

dangerous

hey you guys with air PODs and ECU's 
do you people have the air temp censer from the air box connected?
just been trying to fine tune mine and have found it prefers NOT to have the censor connected, Im thinking as it is between the V that its just to hot and keeps leaning the fuel mix.

I noted that the laptop was reading 46* when I conected the puter up less the sencer it read 18 and after a ride went to 23 much lower BUT WTF it shouldnt read anything if its not there weird as but no snuff outs at low revs so all good even tho the puter showe a a air sencor fault.

Hi DD,
If your sensor is feeling hot air off the engine, the ECU will lean the fuel more than it should.

Here are a couple of comments about location of the intake air sensor with pod filters. 
Ed Rosso extended the sensor cable to put the sensor further back into intake air. http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18906&do=findComment&comment=203711

Kiwi Roy moved the sensor up near the steering head.
http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18960&do=findComment&comment=203548

I can splice in extra length to your cable if you want to try one of these ideas.

I would put the sensor in as cool a location as possible. I also like giving it airflow. Avoid heat and anything that would trap heat.

In the intake tract is a great spot for it.

But I am an airbox guy for the most part, only my Daytona runs without an airbox (and that is because it is modified to far, the original air box don't fit anymore).

• 4 months later...

A typical mod on any EFI engine with an air temp sensor is to put it somewhere cool to richen the mixture. That was before the days when you could just remap.