Sunny winter ride

Guzzirider

Took my V11 out for a ride today over the local moors. Lovely bright sunny day, crisp air, no traffic and dry roads!!

First chance I have had to try out the Ducati Monster carbon nose fairing which looks like it was made for the V11. I've nearly finhsed fiddling with her now- just waiting for a Rossopuro numberplate hanger and to fit my K and N pods which recently arrived from Teo

Lamers.

Now she is naked, I am having more fun with the wind in my face, and today was one of those days when everything seemed just right- handling was spot on, motor crisp and punchy and I had the most fun I have had on a bike for ages!

Guy :race::drink::bier::mg::sun:

V11Feb022007005.jpg

V11Feb022007002.jpg

V11Feb022007001.jpg

Thanks for depressing me...... We got 4 more inches of snow on top of the 4 inches from last week and the 2 inches of sleet from the week before that hasn't melted yet.... Highs in the 20's and more snow coming along with single digit temps.... Welcome to Kansas ToTo........

Bike looks great. Enjoy the Ride. Ride naked......

Richard Z.

Hello Guy,

How do you find the Diablo Corsa?

Which tyre did you have had before these?

Hi Antonio

I love them- stable and quick steering with lots of confidence. Good in winter too if it is wet and cold.

Before that I used Bridgestone BT020s which were ok and slow wearing but nowhere near as nice as the Diablo Corsas.

Corsas do wear out quickly though if you take a long motorway trip. Good excuse to stick to the twisty roads!

Guy :helmet:

Beautiful day, Beautiful bike

Good choice as there will be salt on the road tomorrow

:race:

Cheers John!!

Did you get your titanium system fitted ok?

Guy, you're a git. :D

I saw this earlier. and having taken the lad out to football training I was tempted to have a quick spin and catch a picture of the V11 and the full moon. but was put off by the fact I'd have to collect him shortly and the moon was rising fast and shrinking. Had nothing to do with the fact it's was near freezing and had passed 3 gritter lorries on the way to footy training (2 miles)

I'll have to settle for the fact that I won't have to lift share to work next week and can take the Guzzi. Though the A1M isn't quite the same as the Yorkshire moors.

Glad you were able to make the most of a nice day, I was sleeping off my last night shift. and have commitments with the TV and the six nations rugby over the weekend :D

Glad you were able to make the most of a nice day, I was sleeping off my last night shift. and have commitments with the TV and the six nations rugby over the weekend :D

I'll be at my local MAG AGM this afternoon which is held at a club 3 hundred yards from my house- they will hopefully have the telly on as England play Scotland at Twickenham.

Difficult one to call- Scotland are improved, and won last year, whereas England have been awful. Hopefully the new players added to the squad will make a difference!

Guy, you're a git. :D

Ahha.

Highly trained skills of professional observation will out!

I knew there was something... but couldn't quite put my finger on it!

the moon was rising fast and shrinking.

Serious doubt arises as highly trained observational skills are called into question.

! Or else this has the makings of a new Global Warming thread !

! Or else this has the makings of a new Global Warming thread !

I'm afraid we're experiencing global cooling here. Sunny today but temps around 10F with wind chills -10F. Don't think I'll be riding today.

Beautiful bike & countryside though, as a rider I'm envious of anywhere where things are green in February.

Serious doubt arises as highly trained observational skills are called into question.

psst I'll let you into a trade secret - we just make it all up, and rely on presentation and "good character" works a treat in the magistrates court but not so good in front of a jury of doubting Thomas.

CCTV, camera phones etc are really having an adverse effect on this method of "evidence" gathering :grin:

Hi Antonio

I love them- stable and quick steering with lots of confidence. Good in winter too if it is wet and cold.

Before that I used Bridgestone BT020s which were ok and slow wearing but nowhere near as nice as the Diablo Corsas.

Corsas do wear out quickly though if you take a long motorway trip. Good excuse to stick to the twisty roads!

Cheers John!!

Did you get your titanium system fitted ok?

Hello Guy

Yes the titanium cans are on, I also tried the supplied ecu but it was quite rough and 'pinked' under load around 5000 and above. So back to the standard which runs sweetly, but I will not hammer it until I get the mixture checked out as I don't want damaged valve or pistons. I would also want to get the power benfit that comes when the ecu is set up properly. Christmas was going to see one of Cliff's My Ecu set ups but I have ordered another bike instead.

Attached is a pic from Dave H when we went on a Filey run, you can see the difference in setting pipes at the high or low level. They might just ground when on the limit but I haven't got there yet.

Bikes_small2.jpg

Just for info I fitted Metzler sportec M1s and after the original BT020s they are a total revelation - never have I had tyres that give such astonishing levels of confidence wet or dry. Pulling onto the M62 the other day rainslicked and really greasy they held on under full power in 3rd(not too far over), it felt like a crosser on the loose, never done that before on the road, those times have always been brown trowser moments for me.

Dave (DVH) has sold his Corse and now got a Blackbird, not a good move, I suspect he will soon be bored to tears with and as he drives as part of his work he is taking a risk, mega speed is too easy.

cheers

John

Guest ratchethack

Just for info I fitted Metzler sportec M1s and after the original BT020s they are a total revelation - never have I had tyres that give such astonishing levels of confidence wet or dry. Pulling onto the M62 the other day rainslicked and really greasy they held on under full power in 3rd(not too far over), it felt like a crosser on the loose, never done that before on the road, those times have always been brown trowser moments for me.

FWIW, my exact sentiments on these superb tires also! :thumbsup::sun:

Hello Guy

Attached is a pic from Dave H when we went on a Filey run, you can see the difference in setting pipes at the high or low level. They might just ground when on the limit but I haven't got there yet.

Dave (DVH) has sold his Corse and now got a Blackbird, not a good move, I suspect he will soon be bored to tears with and as he drives as part of his work he is taking a risk, mega speed is too easy.

cheers

John

Cheers for the pic John! Rosso Corsas are as common as muck in West Yorkshire!

Dave mentioned he had sold his Guzzi a few weeks back- last time he did that and bought a Honda, he switched back to a Guzzi again faster than you can blink!!

What new bike have you ordered?

Regards

Guy

Cheers for the pic John! Rosso Corsas are as common as muck in West Yorkshire!

Dave mentioned he had sold his Guzzi a few weeks back- last time he did that and bought a Honda, he switched back to a Guzzi again faster than you can blink!!

What new bike have you ordered?

Regards

Guy

Guy

I think Dave just gets bored and likes to tinker - interesting that another rider who has ridden most bikes keeps coming back to MG

The new bike I hope will be a solid partner to my Rosso Corsa - a Swedish Highland Outback. Somewhat similar to the 950 KTMs but lighter and with more grunt. They seem to have been compared unfavourably with the KTM but the weight, comfort and engine characteristics suit me well. I won't know for sure until I've had some time with it so if you get lots of posts braggin' it could be good, if total silence probably not so. The hope is that it will be light enough to trail (I have a set of off road wheels and tyres), will tour (with a screen) and will wash off easy so I can use it in bad weather when blattin' about locally. The Guzzi is far to nicer bike to subject to all the rough and tumble of my biking life. Not many of these bikes anywhere but they seem well made, have the best of components and there are not many firms where you can ring up the MD to get info and support.

highland_outback.jpg

regards

John

V11Feb022007002.jpg

Damn. Since you posted this I've tried not saying the following (since it doesn't add any facts to the thread :grin: ) but I have to. Your bike is IMO the most beautyful Guzzi on earth. The painting is awesome. I've done some research and from what I've gathered it's just the Le-Mans that have it. The Le-Mans fairing may be good (not too far away from my Sport 1100i) but it aint pretty. Stripped, it is awesome. It really is. For now, I'm considering the V11 Rosso Corsa the one and only Guzzi that could make me sell my present bike.

Congrats! On another matter, when I first read your post I was conviced you were posting from the UFSoA or the Oz. Do you realise what temperature I had that day??? It's not that far away!