DAS Mototec's been busy

callison

DAS Mototec

Cruise their site. Parts to make MGS01's street legal, billet brake levers for V11 Sports, Griso stuff, etc. Too bad they don't take Visa or Paypal, money orders to Europe are painfully expensive.

How about bank account money transfer?

Though the site needs a bit of update, last September that I was at Daes he carbon cockpit for the 1100iSport wasn't avaialble anymore and as he told me they wouldn;t have any pieces available in the future (no more production) if I can recall correct.

How about bank account money transfer?

Though the site needs a bit of update, last September that I was at Daes he carbon cockpit for the 1100iSport wasn't avaialble anymore and as he told me they wouldn;t have any pieces available in the future (no more production) if I can recall correct.

I bought a fender from DAS Mototec once. It took Wells Fargo 3 1/2 weeks to figure out where to send the money and the charge was $42. Considering the fender only cost about $79, the price was quite high. I had a similar experience buying a Moto Guzzi watch from Gawa Guzzi. My bank charged a bunch for the funds transfer and the bank in Germany charged another $11 or so for that end. That doesn't even compare to a bank transfer I made to France for some injectors. $42 to send and the guy at the other end payed another $40 to pick up the funds. The banks are vampires. PayPal is downright modest compared to what the banks do. If you can't deal with either Visa or PayPal, you can pretty much consider doing business with Europe as a no-no. At least Reboot Guzzi Spares accepts PayPal and it works quite well for them as well as the customer. I have no fondness for PayPal, but for international bank transfers, their charge of around 3% is extremely reasonable. Even with crappy exchange rates applied, they're still far more economical than a bank transfer.

BANKS ARE THIEVES!

The few times I sold things to the usa were lessons. Banks that don't even know what the exchange rate is for the euro. Here we call a bank something that has all features, in the usa you can have a creditcard from your mortgage company, but they are not a bank. So they can't transfer money outside the usa. They have no connection to the Swift network, that banks have and is used for transfers between international banks.

The fastsest way is Western Union. For me as receiver it worked great. Just go to the postoffice and get the money, cash. But they might be more expensive than paypal.

The fastsest way is Western Union. For me as receiver it worked great. Just go to the postoffice and get the money, cash. But they might be more expensive than paypal.

So far paypal is very convenient and quite fast, probably the best of all for internet transactions.Yes banks are "officially approved" thieves in genneral

Western Union is fast but they are bit thieves as well, i.e. when the USD was 1.3 of euro they used to exchange it with no more than 1.18-1.2 plus the transaction fees that vary to amount (i.e.for 200Euro they take about 22Eur fees , for 500 about 35 or bit more.) I used to do a lot of Western union in the last 3 years (over 1000Euros only for fees for 10nths of transactions) I wish I had worked on doing paypal.

If you want a good bank go to CITIBANK. no transaction fees from Citi to Citi all over the world ,same day transger and avaiability, good exchange rates and if you got more than 80K cash in deposit you get a Gold membership, and a "red carpet" like behaviour treatment when you walk in :D , plus you get a personal account manager for free ;)

If you want a good bank go to CITIBANK. no transaction fees from Citi to Citi all over the world ,same day transger and avaiability, good exchange rates and if you got more than 80K cash in deposit you get a Gold membership, and a "red carpet" like behaviour treatment when you walk in :D , plus you get a personal account manager for free ;)

Damn, all I need to do now is decide how many 80K accounts I should open.............. :grin: