Scura clutch swap

moscowphil

Guest drknow

Ive seen those pics and read those threads but, again, how do we get the 3% failure rate documented. Again, even at that, its not enough to make me worry. I like the feel of the single plate clutch much better than the 2 plate. If 97% of those produced are doing fine, thats good enough for me. My sky aint falling.

I agree with the idea that the single plate is better than the dual plate, all things being equal. I replaced my failed Scura single plate with a single plate EV setup with a resurfaced clutch plate. However, when an aluminum flywheel is improperly designed, and every one (that I've heard of) with over 10K miles that's been inspected has cracks radiating from the hub, I start thinking it's time to figure out a replacement. Just remember, I have no financial interest in this, I'm just convinced that a stock Scura clutch will fail in time, and don't want to see anyone hurt as a result.

I feel like I've done my due diligence however, so happy miles and best of luck.

dk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Few of you probably know that Dr. Know is a former insider in the guzzi world and who has also gained personal insight into this issue. IMO, ignoring his advice is extremely ill-advised . . . There, my due-diligance is done, too.