• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

q13zzz.jpg

Checa slows down for a yellow flag, Hopkins tries to kick him in the side at speed.

A dangerous and uncalled for move. Time to grove up? :angry:

bad boy hopkins got a $2000 dollar fine,, i bet he don't care abought that.

q13zzz.jpg

Checa slows down for a yellow flag, Hopkins tries to kick him in the side at speed.

A dangerous and uncalled for move. Time to grove up? :angry:

A truly embarrassing display. He got the big money from Kawasaki. He's still only got one lousy podium. Time to perform. I know his mother, or more accurately knew her back when John was still an 11 year old local phenom. I'm thinkin' she's twisting his ear pretty good right now. His late father would have been mortified.

John's a better person that that. Hope he gets his head on straight soon.

Nice to see Nicky on the front row.. Vermeulen sure loves Laguna Seca. Thought he had pole there for awhile. They showed qualifying on US TV - delayed about 4 hours. Very exciting to watch. Hope they do more of that. Looking forward to a great race.

it's great having two aus riders in first two positions, i'd like to see it finish that way. but i see this as a difficult one, so to me it could be one of at least seven to stand on the top step. bring it on! :bier:

at least this one i can watch in the morning and not have to stay up till middle of the night.

It was great to see the 2 Aussie flags flying on the podium, well picked Forrest.

Have to wonder whether Hopper invited the karma that came his way from the practice incident with Checa.

So what's with Vale, tyres or has the Yam lost its oomph, we know Laguna is not his favorite track but I did feel he'd perform better than that.

Hot tracks and hot tyres certainly showed that Michelins can handle the pace, a la Sachsenring, so wots the go, any inside info Pierre? :huh2:

brave ride by melandri to finish third with his injurys, he had to be helped up the steps to the podium!

also must mention wests effort finishing 7th, also great ride by rl heyden.

not an exciting race to watch, but excellent ride by casey and chris.. :thumbsup:

announced at laguna that melandri will join the ducati team next season possibly retaining caperossi for a three bike team!

It was great to see the 2 Aussie flags flying on the podium, well picked Forrest.

Have to wonder whether Hopper invited the karma that came his way from the practice incident with Checa.

So what's with Vale, tyres or has the Yam lost its oomph, we know Laguna is not his favorite track but I did feel he'd perform better than that.

Hot tracks and hot tyres certainly showed that Michelins can handle the pace, a la Sachsenring, so wots the go, any inside info Pierre? :huh2:

Congratulations to both Stoner and Vermeulen. Boy were they fast!

I wasn't at the track and I've heard nothing regarding Rossi's (relatively) lackluster showing. However, he did have a nasty off on Saturday and it cost him one free practice session. Maybe bike, or Rossi himself, was not up to snuff.

I'm wondering how the Hopkins / Hayden incident will be viewed. John clearly had room as Nicky went wide into the double apex second corner. Reports are that as Nicky came back on line his bike hit John's brake lever - a lot more common than one might imagine, and of course instant wash out. Hopkins was interviewed and just said "Nicky went wide, I went up the inside, and I guess Nicky didn't see me. That's racing." Apparently he wasn't kicking anything during the interview. Sheesh.

As for Capirossi, reports are he's already signed with Suzuki. Vermeulen signed an extension with Suzuki today. They look set.

I think Honda and Yamaha will now be in full panic mode because most of remaining tracks traditionally favour Ducatis.

Casey was totally dominant yesterday, and unless he gets crocked its hard to see anyone, even Rossi catching him.

Guy :helmet:

What about Melandri? Is he going to Ducati?

I thought Capirex went to WSB and takes Lanzi's bike over.

Yes, Melandri has signed with Ducati.

Interesting thing that Capirex may move to WSB, but altho Lanzi's seat is to be taken, I doubt Capirex will take it. Ducati itself has stated that there might be next year a three bike official ducati team in MotoGP. I guess they're a bit scared to see him walking away (to Suzuki as it seems) with so many trade secrets ?

As for the Lanzi's place, I was in Misano for the WDW and I thought that Xaus was very, very "displayed". He's also on most of the official Hypermotard pictures and videos...Will that be the return of the Prodigal Son ?

...So what's with Vale, tyres or has the Yam lost its oomph, we know Laguna is not his favorite track but I did feel he'd perform better than that.

Look where Edwards was, really struggling at his home GP & he's a decent rider. No question Yamaha isn't the fastest thing out there.

KB :sun:

Hey wouldn't be great if Michelin pull out their proverbials and get a competitive tyre sorted in the next 3 weeks or so.

I couldn't imagine Vale giving up at this stage and it would put the fight back to Casey. I know he'd like to win the championship by merit and not by default, so comeon Michelin get your act together, because we'd like to see a battle royal at Phillip Island this year. :luigi: