you very near had the trifecta morris! great race excellent ride by casey. the speculation on rossi is front tyre problem, he did near ride the wheels off it! ciao gazza.

Upgrading my predictions for Shanghai.

Rossi blistering fast in qualifying.

I reckon full race barring incidents (tyres/mechanics) we'll see

1st four including Rossi Stoner Vermuelen Caporex

1000 yuan

can you match it forrest :race:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler!

Sorry, failed to take heed of my own earlier request.

top speed thus far stoner 337kmh. ok Rossi . stoner . hopkins. 1000 yuan is that bought $5au.

Congrats to Hopper for finally getting a podium. Fun watching Rossi try to stuff Stoner. Looked to me the HP differential is closing a little. Europe races will tell a lot about whether Duc and Stoner have a superior all aorund package, or just a straight line rocket ship. I think it'll be close, but I'd be hard pressed to bet against Rossi on anything short of a drag strip.

Go Hopper!

yes pierre you broke your golden rule! luckily i only caught that hopper had a podium. which was long overdue and hopefully we'll see more. us paupers relying on free to air had to wait till 1am monday to catch the race, and i had to avoid the sports section of the 5pm news as they gave the result then! :oldgit: but the race was well worth staying awake for. now is the time for another aus world champion. gardner/doohan/stoner..... :bier:

Upgrading my predictions for Shanghai.

Rossi blistering fast in qualifying.

I reckon full race barring incidents (tyres/mechanics) we'll see

1st four including Rossi Stoner Vermuelen Caporex

1000 yuan

can you match it forrest :race:

just drop the money in whenever your free! :bier:

yes pierre you broke your golden rule! luckily i only caught that hopper had a podium. which was long overdue and hopefully we'll see more. us paupers relying on free to air had to wait till 1am monday to catch the race, and i had to avoid the sports section of the 5pm news as they gave the result then! :oldgit: but the race was well worth staying awake for. now is the time for another aus world champion. gardner/doohan/stoner..... :bier:

just drop the money in whenever your free! :bier:

Really sorry, g. Afraid my enthusiasm for Hopper's breakthrough overtook my good sense. I'll be more careful henceforth. :blush:
  • 2 weeks later...

Stoner for the championship. 2nd GP he let those in front scrap it out. He sat back and took the points. le Mans, he stayed on and let those in front take the risks of falling off. He knows he has the bike to beat and he is just getting on with racking up the points. barring injury he will be the 2007 world champ.

So Speaks

the Foggster

Firm of stance

and of buttock

• 3 weeks later...

:2c: I'd have to back Foggster on that prediction.

stoner for 07 title. After seeing his work these last few races and the real rip snorter at Catalunya, just showed his maturity in the face of pressure, he sure looks the package. Not that you could rite off Vale or even Dani for that matter.

I'll be heading to Phillip Island in October to hopefully see Casey clinch the title :bier:

i certainly hope that he's there to rap it up at PI. his ride last night was astounding, and it could not be said he was on the fastest bike. he was not abought to let rossi intimidate him, he wasn't abought to let him go as seemingly used to happen with gibbers and max. it's great, every race he shows more promise.

that race had me on the edge of the seat and i must admit for a time there i thought he would throw it away!

cheers gazza. :bier:

I for one hope not since I'm planning to see the finale live in Valencia again.

The coming tracks do not have long straights that favours the massive Ducati-power so I think Rossi and Pedrosa will take a couple of victorias each.

Would be nice with a three-way battle for the title in Valencia.

well, i think something important happened: Rossi wanted this GP and he didn't get it. Now, he's getting worried.

More than with any other riders since he started, he's facing a young rider on a great bike and that rider doesn't care shit who Rossi is: he just won't let go where others before him just faded away...

Yes, the ducati is fast, but the top speed domination isn't that big now. And if they want to get closer, why don't they use different mapping and ratio ? Fact is: the ducati goes faster than the others, accelerates better, brakes as well as the Yamaha, the tyres are great and the handling isn't that bad. If the ducati is the only bike that revs above 19.000 rpm, why can't the Japanese get there ? Ducati has a racing dept the size of Honda's Lawnmoners Help desk and still succeed showing Honda the middle finger :) There were 3 ducatis in the top 10 last sunday: it clearly is a brilliant bike.

But it is also the success of a mentality in racing: Stoner gets a second family and while I'm sure there must be hard times in Bologna, the feel inside the team, the shared passion, the intensity of the relationship they all have for That Factory surely makes for 2 tenth of a second per lap ;).

Yes, the ducati is fast, but the top speed domination isn't that big now. And if they want to get closer, why don't they use different mapping and ratio ? Fact is: the ducati goes faster than the others, accelerates better, brakes as well as the Yamaha, the tyres are great and the handling isn't that bad. If the ducati is the only bike that revs above 19.000 rpm, why can't the Japanese get there ? Ducati has a racing dept the size of Honda's Lawnmoners Help desk and still succeed showing Honda the middle finger :) There were 3 ducatis in the top 10 last sunday: it clearly is a brilliant bike.

Plus there is an obvious problem in the Honda competition (all sorts - just look at F1) camp - has been for two or three years. I wouldn't trust Honda to make a reliable, competitive bicycle at the moment. None of the competitive facets seem to be able to get their eye on the ball.

Plus there is an obvious problem in the Honda competition (all sorts - just look at F1) camp - has been for two or three years. I wouldn't trust Honda to make a reliable, competitive bicycle at the moment. None of the competitive facets seem to be able to get their eye on the ball.

hmm, James Toseland is first contender for the Superbike world championship on a *****

and a young turk and a frenchy with sideburns are dominating SuperSport on *****s

but those bikes are refined in Holland. :cheese:

Exactly. The full works setups are appalling - especially MotoGP and F1. Have been for some time. Last year's success was just sheer, unadulterated luck, as far as I could see. I don't mind - it makes the competition more interesting than when the whole Banzai syndrome takes over.