v11 cat with lamda sensor 2003+

v11cafe

I read many topics in the forum about crossovers/mufflers/ tuning

but the unlucky v11 owners 2003+ seem not to have many choices.

Only the MG Tit. set is available as an ( ....expencive ) option, and lately

I heard about a Mistral crossover with place for the Lamda.

Has anybody place it to a V11 2003+????

If I buy a Stucchi crossover (I read many positive opinions), what happens with the Lamda sensor?

Can I eliminate it or the info it sends to the ECU is vital for the adjustment of air to fuel ratio???

Any info/reply welcome

Thanks

If I buy a Stucchi crossover (I read many positive opinions), what happens with the Lamda sensor?

Can I eliminate it or the info it sends to the ECU is vital for the adjustment of air to fuel ratio???

Are you sure your bike comes w/ a lambda sensor? My understanding was that the lambda sensors only appeared on the Breva 1100 & later models [but that may only be for U.S. models...]

Since the v11 ecu runs open-loop most of the time, there's probably some way to delete the lambda sensor with the result that warm-up times are slightly longer or fuel consumption goes a tiny bit higher.

Best of luck!

:mg:

The lambda only works at a constant rpm. I know from someone who went to the german yearly check, there it needs to have less than 1% co at 3000 if I remember correct. That was 4% , because when you do it by hand its not constant enough. Then measured at idle, it took quite a while before the co went down. In the end it was low enough. So it looks like the lambda doesn't do anything during normal rides. Only there for legal reasons. Its not so hard to weld a m18x1.5 nut on the crossover.

My new Stucchi X-over has a threaded hole where you can stick the sensor. Problem solved! :D

Good news then!!! :D What is your set up? Stucchi+ Stock mufflers???

Tell me your impression>>

As for the Lambda sensor I don"t really understand what it really does...

so let it be seated ..... on the Stucchi!!!!

Are you sure your bike comes w/ a lambda sensor? My understanding was that the lambda sensors only appeared on the Breva 1100 & later models [but that may only be for U.S. models...]

Since the v11 ecu runs open-loop most of the time, there's probably some way to delete the lambda sensor with the result that warm-up times are slightly longer or fuel consumption goes a tiny bit higher.

Best of luck!

:mg:

Yes, ..... it"s there. European models 2003+ have it.

AFAIK V11's from 2003 run closed loop. Perhaps Cliff can give us a more indepth sight to that.

As for the Lambda sensor I don"t really understand what it really does...

so let it be seated ..... on the Stucchi!!!!

Yes, ..... it"s there. European models 2003+ have it.

AFAIK Lambda sensor (in closed loop mode) "snifs" the Co of the exhaust and "tells" the ECU accordingly if it runs richr or leaner so that it will give the correc amount of fuelt to run at the programmed AFR.

So if the programmed AFR is , i.e. 14.7 (or what other is for EURO specs) it will tell it to "add" or "remove" fuel to the injectors in order to "sniff" this targeted AFR. Something like auto tuning I assume.

Then again correct me if not well described.

Uk riders are lucky, our annual test does not require any emissions check on a motorcycle!

Here in France there is no bike emission test eithere ...and in fact no bike testing at all !!!!!!!!!!!! However we are limited to 100 horses or thereabouts depending on the manufacturer's brake performance.... don't you just love european "harmonisation "

Here in France there is no bike emission test eithere ...and in fact no bike testing at all !!!!!!!!!!!! However we are limited to 100 horses or thereabouts depending on the manufacturer's brake performance.... don't you just love european "harmonisation "

I understand that some French bikers are challenging their own government in court over the legality of the 100bhp limit, seeing as there is no limit elsewhere in Europe.

Not a problem for Guzzis!

In Holland, no annual testing and no hp limit when you're over 23 years old (I believe)

Over here in Athens' Jungle , no hp restrictions , emissions, loundness, modifications or whatsoever(some exist mostly for the pappers or for the "unlucky").Everyone can "feel" "free" to abuse as much as desired.

Any ideas for the loudest Guyyi in the world can be taken into consideration, who knows perhaps an entry on the Guiness book. :lol: (if so credit will be given to the originator)

Guest Rocker

Any info/reply welcome

Thanks

IF you have a lamda sensor then contact MOTOMECCA in Wimborn, (Mike) - they'll manufacture the cross over with or without a sensor orifice - £150 complete with magic box to stuff the electronics.

Tel (0044) 01202 822511

Rockerob

IF you have a lamda sensor then contact MOTOMECCA in Wimborn, (Mike) - they'll manufacture the cross over with or without a sensor orifice - £150 complete with magic box to stuff the electronics.

Tel (0044) 01202 822511

Rockerob

Thanks, but seems to be ready made solutions (Stucchi cat crossover)...I have already order it

Thanks again.