Ok futbol fans. Soccer for you backwards Americans:)

Who's going to win the champions league? Yesterdays Man. U game was amazing, I thought it would go to Italy even. And now Chelsea has a win, looks like they'll be going unless Liverpool pulls off some big scoring. Chelsea vs Man. U will be crazy since they are already playing for the league championship.

I get the feeling that Man. U is to English futbol what the Yankees are to baseball, you either love them or hate them, and while I agree to a certain extent with the :vomit: , they are an exciting club to watch.

In England, its really naff to support Man Utd- they are the biggest club and have a huge following of armchair fans, mainly in the south of England, whereas Manchester is in the north. People actually from Manchester are more likely to support the less fashionable Man City.

Clubs like Man Utd and Chelsea are now more like multinational franchises with huge turnovers, their true purpose in life is to sell shirts to fans in the USA or the far east.

If you want to get behind an English team it would be great to follow one of the poorer less successful clubs.

Guy :helmet:

In England, its really naff to support Man Utd- they are the biggest club and have a huge following of armchair fans, mainly in the south of England, whereas Manchester is in the north. People actually from Manchester are more likely to support the less fashionable Man City.

Clubs like Man Utd and Chelsea are now more like multinational franchises with huge turnovers, their true purpose in life is to sell shirts to fans in the USA or the far east.

If you want to get behind an English team it would be great to follow one of the poorer less successful clubs.

Guy :helmet:

Southern Softy Shandy Drinker - my eldest is a Man U fan, Over the last year we've taken him to see 3 matches - Portsmouth in the semi final of FA Cup, the European XI and the pre season against Seville.

Also had to take him (and me - I'd rather spend my ticket money on a tank of fuel - but it was a good father/son bonding experience) to see Grimsby when visiting his Grandparents.

We've a perfectly good ( :D ) local team - Stevenage Borough (4 leagues lower) - Playing at Wembley in the FA Trophy final

he's only gone to see them a few time - why can't he put his efforts there - he could see them every home game and still save me a fortune (travel costs to Manchester) and neither Debs or I would have to go ( Debs saw the European XI match other wise we just hang around the shopping centres)

Just to think at 12 he was playing rugby (union) and it all went horribly wrong from there. But I suppose you can only support them in their choices.

I have been a man utd fan since fergie took over (ex Aberdeen manager). Also one time i opened a bottle of budwieser (2003) and won a comp to see them play a tournament in america (new york and philidelphia, against juventus and barcelona :drink: ) all expenses paid (thanks bud, king of beers). Mind you as Guy said i would just watch them on the telly and keep the money for the bike :wub:

Gary

My God.

Drinking Bud ("This rice wine's for you") and then being forced to watch football - Man U, even.

You poor, poor bugger.

I'd sooner have bamboo splinters forced into my rectum sideways.

In fact, I think I'll go and do that now.

Drinking Bud

You poor, poor bugger.

In my defence, the wife bought it and when theres nothing else in the house with alchohol content (i ate all the liquer chocs) well needs must. :drink:

Gary

Guest redguzziv10

a couple of years ago i was on my way to a reunion in Belfast. As i was running late i decided to watch the FA Cup final between Man Utd and my team, Arsenal, in the nearest pub... 1st big mistake!

the pub was full of Irish Man Utd fans, and me, a solitary Arsenal fan

the longer the game went on, the more resigned i was to getting beat up at the end of the game, so i thought "what the hell, just enjoy the game"

After the game went into extra time, and then Arsenal won on penalties, jubilation got the better of me (2nd big mistake) and 200 people turned round to my direction.

"This is it - i thought, life changing experience only moments away now"

to my surprise they all congratulated me on a good game and how they thought we deserved the win.

This means one of two things

Man Utd fans are all pussies, or

Belfast folk are the nicest people in the world.

I tend to believe the latter

This Sunday is the last match day and decision day for dutch championship. PSV has thrown away a 12 point lead and now there are three teams (Ajax Amsterdam, PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar) who share first place at the moment! AZ with manager Louis van Gaal has the best chances. Although I think Van Gaal is a major ***hole, his team has shown the nicest football this season and should win.

One thing is sure, it'll be exciting to watch!

This Sunday is the last match day and decision day for dutch championship. PSV has thrown away a 12 point lead and now there are three teams (Ajax Amsterdam, PSV Eindhoven and AZ Alkmaar) who share first place at the moment! AZ with manager Louis van Gaal has the best chances. Although I think Van Gaal is a major ***hole, his team has shown the nicest football this season and should win.

One thing is sure, it'll be exciting to watch!

Although we don't get a lot of dutch futbol games here in the states, I'm pulling for Ajax. They were one of the first teams I ever saw play on tv here, I believe they were playing AC Milan when they had Roberto Baggio.

Sitting here watching the Liverpool/Chelsea match, almost pee'd my shorts twice. Thought Liverpool won it in extra time but the Liverpool striker had his big toe offsides. And Chelsea with Drogba..... how many times could he have won the series by tying up the game? He must have missed two or three chances right in front of the goal. Guess its the horrid PK's :doh: