Pazzo Levers Group Buy - Round One

FalcoLion

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and for anyone sticking with stock, installing these reminded me of how important it is to grease these.

I used the MobilONE grease that someone on the forum recommended. (the color matches the Pazzos :) )

The feel is much nicer now and the pull is easier.

I think I have only greased them once in 6.5 years of ownership.

Perhaps a cheap nice fix would be needle bearings or a teflon bearing :huh2:

And just a reminder...don't lose the brake switch bearing, nor the actuator for the clutch switch.

I got a set for my 03 LeMans. Very nice. I got mine on ebay for $169.00 which included shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pazzo-Racin...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hmmmmm, Grand Prix Moto and Moto World Online both have Moto in the name.

I wonder if they are the same company???

When the deal expires in June the price will be $169, coincidentally the same price as the eBay deal...

Just a reminder, FalcoLion's "Group Buy" ends at the end of May, so act fast if you wanna save ten bucks.

For me it was $159.00 shipped free from NYC to California.

I don't know what he charges out of the US :huh2: but I am sure he makes the profit on the item, not the shipping, unlike some scoundrels.

Guest ratchethack

You're right, Dave. I looked it up. They ARE the same company! ;)

You've uncovered the corporate structure of a vast International Industrial Conglomerate headquartered in Australia.

The following are wholly owned subsidiaries controlled by Pete Roper, Moto Moda 23, King St., Bungendore, NSW, 2621 Australia:

Moto Guzzi, S.p.A.

Murray's Moto Car Wash

Lurleen's Lurid Rt. 77 Moto Road House

Grand Prix Moto

Moto World Online

Moto Rolla

Moto Rooter, Inc.

Mad Max's Moto Malevolence, Inc.

Moto Mecchanica

Moto International

Moto GP Racing

Moto Photo

Moto Pro

Moto Milano

Moto Bus Watroba Andrearczyk Spolka Jawna

Moto Morelli

Moto Morini

One Hour Moto Photo

Motoman, Inc.

Moto Recyclers International

Big Mary's Merry Moto Lodge and Massage Emporium

:lol:

You're right, Dave. I looked it up. They ARE the same company! ;)

You've uncovered the corporate structure of a vast International Industrial Conglomerate headquartered in Australia.

The following are wholly owned subsidiaries controlled by Pete Roper, Moto Moda 23, King St., Bungendore, NSW, 2621 Australia:

:lol:

By the way, anybody have a clue about what Bungdendore means or how it got its name? :whistle:

One of things that concerned me about the levers was whether or not they would fit between the inner shoulder of the rubber hand grips and the Napoleon® bar end mirrors(another Moto Moda subsidiary? No wonder he does not need to make a vulgar profit on the shloppage sheets). As it turns out, the levers appear to be identical in length but the portion of the Pazzo lever from the bend to the end is slightly shorter, so I can move the caliper slightly inward on the bar to give a hair more more clearance from the mirrors. This also results in SLIGHTLY more leverage.

It is only a slight improvement over the Brembo levers, but worth mentioning because if the bend in the levers was closer to the grip's inner shoulder, I might not have been able to keep the Napoleons.

pazzofitys7.jpg

You can't see in the image, but the lever clears the Napoleon by somewhere between 4 and 5 mm. (measured 3/16" with calibre plastique)

In order to get the same clearance, the Brembo lever needed to wedge up to the grip shoulder more than the Pazzo.

Also the curve on the inside of the Pazzo lever lets you pull it in slightly further.

It is a well thought out lever :bier:

When the deal expires in June the price will be $169, coincidentally the same price as the eBay deal...

Just a reminder, FalcoLion's "Group Buy" ends at the end of May, so act fast if you wanna save ten bucks.

For me it was $159.00 shipped free from NYC to California.

I don't know what he charges out of the US :huh2: but I am sure he makes the profit on the item, not the shipping, unlike some scoundrels.

Don't wonder guys. Its me one and the same. I wish I was a part of Moto Guzzi or Moto Morini :blush: . Recommended shipping outside USA is recommended by USPS Express (about $35 or so). USPS Express provides decent tracking, fast service and ease of clearing customs.

Just a reminder - Only 3 days left

By the way big thanks to everyone that purchased these levers

Don't wonder guys. Its me one and the same. I wish I was a part of Moto Guzzi or Moto Morini :blush: . Recommended shipping outside USA is recommended by USPS Express (about $35 or so). USPS Express provides decent tracking, fast service and ease of clearing customs.

Just a reminder - Only 3 days left

By the way big thanks to everyone that purchased these levers

Payment just sent . . . :bier:

Tried to order a pair, but i have to e mail a copy of my credit card because i am a foreigner :huh2: Cant i order with paypal :thumbsup:

Gary

I went through the order process but then saw I need to send a photo of credit card and portrait photo by email. I don't fancy that either.

I went through the order process but then saw I need to send a photo of credit card and portrait photo by email. I don't fancy that either.

Sorry guys but I have encountered too many foreigners that tried to steal. So as a security measure I request the above mentioned documents. If someone has stole someone's card number its very unlikely that they would have the driver license as well. In the worst case even if they do I would still be paid because I have the proper proof of credit card and the ownership and whomever was a victim of that theft will get the refund thru the credit card. I do this with everyone outside USA and only a small handfull (1%) of customers doesn't agree. Obviously its customers' choice

PayPal is your friend! :bier:

BTW, I can personally vouch for Vlads honesty and integrity. Your info is secure and confidential with him. :thumbsup:

Yes, we really need a elaborate fix for a problem that doesn't exist... :P

I'll bet if everyone on the forum greased it and went for a ride, more than half would notice an immediate improvement.

Plain bearings suck.

I am truly surprised the industry standard is not something better.

People spend hundreds of dollars upgrading to radial masters, meanwhile needle bearings or teflon bearings could be a cheaper and nearly as beneficial modification.

I might have to do some tests to determine how much force is reduced by:

old grease vs. no grease vs. new grease vs. needle bearings.