George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline

George Carlin's Solution to Save Gasoline

Bush wants us to cut the amount of gas we use. The best way to stop

Using so much gas is to deport 11 million illegal immigrants! That

Would be 11 million less people using our gas. The price of gas would

Come down. Bring our troops home from Iraq to guard the border. When

They catch an illegal immigrant crossing the border, hand him a

Canteen, rifle and some ammo and ship him to Iraq . Tell him if he

Wants to come to America then he must serve a tour in the military.

Give him a soldier's pay while he's there and tax him on it. After

His tour, he will be allowed to become a citizen since he defended this

Country. He will also be registered to be taxed and be a legal

Patriot. This option will probably deter illegal immigration and

Provide a solution for the troops in Iraq and the aliens trying to

Make a better life for themselves. If they refuse to serve, ship them

To Iraq anyway, without the canteen, rifle or ammo. Problem

Solved. If you think this is a good solution to both the problems,

Forward it to your friends.

I just did.

George Carlin

It's a hoax. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/carlingas.asp

George Carlin is a cool guy. He's no fool and he's no bigot. Apparently you didn't know that, or you wouldn't have fallen for the hit piece.

Truthfully... I copied and pasted it due to content from another site. I couldn't give a rats a$$ who wrote it. It gives a new outlook to the growing problem. Maybe he should have written it. Its satire that really rings TRUE...

Richard Z.

George Carlin is a cool guy. He's no fool and he's no bigot. Apparently you didn't know that, or you wouldn't have fallen for the hit piece.

I was thinking the same thing...that that couldn't be Carlin. Just not his style.

Truthfully... I copied and pasted it due to content from another site. I couldn't give a rats a$$ who wrote it. It gives a new outlook to the growing problem. Maybe he should have written it. Its satire that really rings TRUE...

Now where have I heard this rhetoric before....

Oh yeah....1939 Germany.

Honestly, an illegal war costing 100's of billions of dollars is far worse a problem than some immigrants trying to feed themselves after Nafta has completely destroyed their country's economy. 52 million people in the U.S. without healthcare is more serious a problem. The immigration topic is a mere distraction to more serious problems.

"I frankly don't give a @#!#$# how it all turns out in this country - or anywhere else, for that matter. I think the human game was up a long time ago (when the high priests and traders took over), and now we're just playing out the string. And that is, of course, precisely what I find so amusing: the slow circling of the drain by a once promising species, and the sappy, ever-more-desperate belief in this country that there is actually some sort of "American Dream," which has merely been misplaced." - George Carlin

Now THATS Carlin.

My :2c:

I've often heard it said/written that if it wasn't for illegal immigrants nothing in the USA would ever get done or built.

Now that is satire that rings true!

That would be 11 million less people using our gas.

This theory is flawed right off the bat. How many illegal immigrants are driving around in Cadillac Escalades? Or any motorized vehicle for that matter?

Rj

I've often heard it said/written that if it wasn't for illegal immigrants nothing in the USA would ever get done or built.

Now that is satire that rings true!

This theory is flawed right off the bat. How many illegal immigrants are driving around in Cadillac Escalades? Or any motorized vehicle for that matter?

Rj

You can tell them by the 24" wheels, Handicap tag and driving while on the cell phone with a cigarette in the other hand.... Or parked in front of a WalMart in the fire zone. On the other hand, they do well at car pools. They usually have 12 -20 in the same panel van going 80 down the interstate.

""Honestly, an illegal war costing 100's of billions of dollars is far worse a problem than some immigrants trying to feed themselves after Nafta has completely destroyed their country's economy. 52 million people in the U.S. without healthcare is more serious a problem. The immigration topic is a mere distraction to more serious problems. ""

Thats funny. How far do you live from our southern most border? Your job didn't get moved to Mexico along with many others that depend on the Aircraft industry in my area. I lived without health care for 3 years along with 2 children, while I was laid off due to my job being moved south of the border. This democracy is what the majority voted for. So bitching about it now is redundant.

I managed and have prospered through the setback.

People have different opinions when it affects them or ends up in their back yard.....

Richard Zimmerman

Alienated American

I have George Carlin on 8 Track. Listen to some of his early rantings and try to make the same assumption..

Richard Zimmerman

Alienated American

Thats funny. How far do you live from our southern most border? Your job didn't get moved to Mexico along with many others that depend on the Aircraft industry in my area. I lived without health care for 3 years along with 2 children, while I was laid off due to my job being moved south of the border.

As a matter of fact, there is a very large aircraft related industry in my neck of the woods (can you say GE, Pratt and Whitney etc) and they have all been devastated by outsourcing. In one case, driving the unemployment rate in the city it resided in by 4 times the national average at one point. If however you're looking for someone to blame for "their job getting moved to Mexico", blame the U.S. company that moved it there. Outsourcing of jobs is not the fault of people in other countries, but rather greedy capitalists looking to maximize profits/minimize cost. Exploiting foreign labor is the name of the game. Always was, always will be. How come you don't mention the loss of the auto industry jobs to Canadians? Is that somehow more acceptable?

The reason the conservatives want this new immigration bill is purely for the reason that is ensures a hyper exploited class that they will be ALLOWED to pay sub-standard wages.

You can tell them by the 24" wheels, Handicap tag and driving while on the cell phone with a cigarette in the other hand.... Or parked in front of a WalMart in the fire zone. On the other hand, they do well at car pools. They usually have 12 -20 in the same panel van going 80 down the interstate.

Whitey never does those things eh? :grin:

Why is it so easy for people to look past the "illegal" part of this whole thing? I would think anyone, nationality or country of residence aside, who goes through a given process and plays by the rules should be angry that others aren't willing to do the same. Not to mention the cost it has on all the public systems.

Seems to me there's a process for almost everything. If I have to follow it, why shouldn't anyone else?

:2c:

As a matter of fact, there is a very large aircraft related industry in my neck of the woods (can you say GE, Pratt and Whitney etc) and they have all been devastated by outsourcing. In one case, driving the unemployment rate in the city it resided in by 4 times the national average at one point. If however you're looking for someone to blame for "their job getting moved to Mexico", blame the U.S. company that moved it there. Outsourcing of jobs is not the fault of people in other countries, but rather greedy capitalists looking to maximize profits/minimize cost. Exploiting foreign labor is the name of the game. Always was, always will be. How come you don't mention the loss of the auto industry jobs to Canadians? Is that somehow more acceptable?

The reason the conservatives want this new immigration bill is purely for the reason that is ensures a hyper exploited class that they will be ALLOWED to pay sub-standard wages.

Whitey never does those things eh? :grin:

I don't work in the automotive industry so I wouldn't want to talk about something that I don't know about nor try to speak for someone else in that industry... I work Aircraft thats what I know. I also see the minimum wage jobs that American youth should be doing, instead of ILLEGAL immigrants. (Illegal means against the law. Laws that your representatives you vote for make. If you don't like the laws that are made by YOUR representative, then your issue is with them not me.) If some third world country allows people to work for sub standard wages, that is that countries problem. It affects the American Economy.

As for blaming the companies for moving jobs, wouldn't you. Maximize profits and minimize costs. Interesting Point. As a small business owner for the three years thats all I thought about. Even though it hurt, I had to let people go for those same reasons. You don't work for free do you? If it wasn't for the largest fuselage manufacturer in the world I wouldn't be riding the motorcycle of my choice. However, when times are tough and from experience you see things more clearly.

Richard Zimmerman

Its a Dog Eat Dog World.

I'm wearing Milk Bone Underwear.

Why is it so easy for people to look past the "illegal" part of this whole thing?

That's exactly the part that stumps me! I always thought that illegal meant not legal or against the law. :doh:

Maybe we need a Supreme Court opinion on the definition of "illegal". :not:

Why is it so easy for people to look past the "illegal" part of this whole thing? I would think anyone, nationality or country of residence aside, who goes through a given process and plays by the rules should be angry that others aren't willing to do the same. Not to mention the cost it has on all the public systems.

Seems to me there's a process for almost everything. If I have to follow it, why shouldn't anyone else?

:2c:

After reading your post.... I am giving it a standing ovation..... Bravo!!!!!!

Richard Z.

Guest ratchethack

Let's start a bet... how long before Dlaing and Ratchethack will give their :2c: ?

I'm sittin' this one out, Jaap. I've no desire to be reminded again how dumbed-down, unthinking and brainwashed by propaganda even a matter of just a few fools can be. It's just too sad. :(

Much better to bleed clutch and brakes on both bikes like I just did. If you do 'em all at the same time, it's quick & easy, makes you confident that you've properly serviced your systems by updating the service records -- and for reasons known perhaps only in the paranormal :whistle: , makes the bikes seem like they run better, too. . . :o:huh2::grin:

BTW -- don't be tempted to use that old bottle o' crap that's been absorbing humidity for years in your garage, Binky. Splurge. Get a new bottle. :thumbsup: